How to tell what your "firgure" is

Options
Mveler
Mveler Posts: 274 Member
I believe I am hourglass but how can you tell for sure?

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what I am. I went to this store and a lady working there told me I was curvy.

Sweet! I've got curves! And all along, I thought I was just misshaped. Haha.
  • Mveler
    Options
    I have no idea what I am. I went to this store and a lady working there told me I was curvy.

Sweet! I've got curves! And all along, I thought I was just misshaped. Haha.

Love it! I get the your Thick all the time or stout!
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    Stand infront of a mirror, put your arms out and draw your outline - then see what shape you drew :)
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well ... when you were at your 'fittest' where was your trouble zone?

hips/tush - pear
    tummy - apple
    nowhere - I carry my weight well - hourglass

That's clearly not scientific. But maybe it will help.

Edited to add: when I am more fit, I am definitely an hourglass, btw. But I've added quite a bit of belly fat, which gave me the look of an apple. As I get my waist back, I am starting to see the hourglass again. Your shape can change over time. Good luck!
  • Baker0821
    Baker0821 Posts: 40
    Options
    I don't know but if anyone else tells me I'm "short and stocky" I may punch them in the face. Short and stocky is NOT what a girl wants to hear! LOL! :huh:
  • Mveler
    Options
    I carry my weight really well Noone can believe I am over 200
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    http://bodyshapestyle.com/2008/04/26/what-body-shape-am-i/

I am a pear because my hips are wider than my upper body...I am a small up top and large on bottom. For a good example of what real women look like at certain weights and body shapes, go here:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    Well ... when you were at your 'fittest' where was your trouble zone?

hips/tush - pear
    tummy - apple
    nowhere - I carry my weight well - hourglass

That's clearly not scientific. But maybe it will help.

Edited to add: when I am more fit, I am definitely an hourglass, btw. But I've added quite a bit of belly fat, which gave me the look of an apple. As I get my waist back, I am starting to see the hourglass again. Your shape can change over time. Good luck!
    ok so that makes me an apple !!! why cant it be peach -sounds nicer
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    All mine is in my shoulders and boobs! no one ever says what that is? lol x
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Houglass usually means your hips and chest measurements are no more than an inch different. and 10 inches different between waist and hips. So 36/25/37 is traditional hourglass. A pear would be mor like 36/27/38.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I have read that an hourglass has a 9 inch difference waist measurments to that of their bust and hips . Their waist being significantly smaller then their busts and hips. Bust and hips are similar (within an inch or 2 difference). Weight is evenly distributed with hourglass shapes too. Apples are top heavy, pears are bottom heavy.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    All mine is in my shoulders and boobs! no one ever says what that is? lol x

That body shape is: Lucky. Haha.
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    well to be an hourglass your hips and chest must be the same or almost the same...for example 42 inches chest and 42 inches hips...your waist is at least 10 inches smaller than the top and bottom which would then be in this case 32 inches :) it all can depend tho lol im an apple figure at the moment and im 42 inches chest, 41 inches hips and 37 inches waist :)
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I don't know but if anyone else tells me I'm "short and stocky" I may punch them in the face. Short and stocky is NOT what a girl wants to hear! LOL! :huh:

I wit you on that one.
  • Meglm1117
    Meglm1117 Posts: 70
    Options
    There is a lot of info online as to how to calculate it. You may need to measure to figure it out.... I used to think I was apple shape because I carry my weight in my midsection and have small legs but reading a lot about the apple body shape I have found that it wasn't just the middle section but the entire upper body. I def did not match that. My upper body matches my lower as far as measurements go. It took forever to really figure out what I was. I just didn't match any of the ones that are usually talked about. I researched more and found out I am actually a banana shape. :)
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    there are four general body types: straight/flute, apple, pear/dewdrop, hourglass.

straight/flute: no real difference between shoudlers and hips. lacks a defined waist. weight is evenly distributed.

apple: weight is carried in the midsection. legs and arms are thinner in comparison. straight hips and shoulders.

pear/dewdrop: carries weight in hips and thighs. should have a defined waist. hips are larger than shoulders. bust is average.

hourglass: even distribution of weight. very defined waist. hips and shoulders are accentuated due to small waist and vice versa. may include large bust that balances out hips.

these are based on info ive gained through the years but you can always google: body types youll get zillions of hits
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    seroiusly isnt haha!! Strapless things are a big no no! and lots of others :( x
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I had a big bust, a little waist, and wide hips, and considered myself an hourglass... When I lost the weight, though, my breasts got smaller than my hips, and now I think that I'm more pear-shaped. I'm not sure, either, I guess! ;-)
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    I just did an online calculation wanna see the results??

Body Type Calculator
    Results
    Sorry your body is not in the 4 shapes we calculate.

hahaha xxx