What is 'clean' eating??

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Washing your food before you eat it. Normally I go for an antibacterial spray and then deep rinse cycle before I consider cooking it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    It obviously means whatever YOU think it means.
  • pasewaldd
    pasewaldd Posts: 24 Member
    I think the quote of 5 ingredients is for the ingredients on a package, not something a person prepares themselves.

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    I want to know about the 5 ingredient rule too?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    pasewaldd wrote: »
    I think the quote of 5 ingredients is for the ingredients on a package, not something a person prepares themselves.

ok so what will happen to us if there is 6 ingredients in the package
    does it matter what that 6th ingredient is?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I keep seeing references to 'eating clean'. What does this mean?
    I assume it means something different than washing my fruit and veg.

Generally it means eating whole or minimally processed natural foods instead of overly processed foods.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Yeah, but why? Why is combining six ingredients at home clean, but eating the same six ingredients that someone pre-combined unclean?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member

Yeah, but why? Why is combining six ingredients at home clean, but eating the same six ingredients that someone pre-combined unclean?

It's really more about unnecessary additives. A can of carrots doesn't need to have 6 ingredients. That sort of thing. All these sayings are just general guidelines that are best applied along with common sense.