Any Keto-ers out there?

Options

Replies

• theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yes, Medifast. Not that cool with it but giving it a try.
  • theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am on a Ketogenic program. Currently 63 days in down 27lbs. keto friends welcome! Add me.

What are you following? Any specific program?
  • rstar72
    rstar72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started today.. following the dietdoctor guide? does anyone follow that program?
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Someone already mentioned the Low Carber Daily Forum Group. There is also a Keto group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am on a Ketogenic program. Currently 63 days in down 27lbs. keto friends welcome! Add me.

Are you doing PSMF or RFL by any chance?
  • Claudette03
    Claudette03 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started today!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    funladyb wrote: »
    Hi there! I am doing my best following the Low Carb/Keto Lifestyle. I am having a hard time knowing what my numbers are here on MFP to plug in. I know what my Macro numbers are 120P/80F/20C . Eeek! Help! lol

i found a formula on dietdoctor.com. If you are strict low carb then eat 20 or less grams and then take your goal weight in kilograms and eat 1 gram of protein for each kg of your goal weight. The rest is fat. On MFP when you go to goals do it manually. Click edit and put in your cals, then go down and put in a percentage under carbs, fats and proteins. You will see the amount on the left change and show in grams. Adjust percentages to get the right number of grams...or close as you can. The percentages have to equal 100 at the bottom.
  • manpizzle
    manpizzle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started mine 12 days ago! Looking for fellow keyword to befriend
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    There are lots of people following this. There is a group you can join:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of support and knowledge.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    JerriFairy wrote: »
    This is my second time doing Keto and some like minded friends would be really nice!

@JerriFairy for the past two years I have been eating keto for pain management. In just 30 days my joint and muscle of 40 years at levels of 7-8 to pain levels of 2-3 and remains low today. Keep in mind KETO WOE is very different and impacts people in different ways. Note my giant cholesterol spike below that has resolved. Read, read and read more. Best of success.

Pre LCHF (two years ago) labs were:
    Total Cholesterol - 226
    HDL - 38
    LDL - 146
    Triglycerides - 209

9 months of LCHF (one year ago) labs were:
    Total Cholesterol - 404
    HDL - 56
    LDL - 323
    Triglycerides - 121

17 months of LCHF (today) labs were:
    Total Cholesterol - 257
    HDL - 63
    LDL - 186
    Triglycerides - 36

The new doctor said keep doing what I am doing because it is working and that now Total Cholesterol has to be at >290 before they consider statins, etc. She was not hype pro LCHF but she said the numbers proved it was working for me. I think my numbers helped her better understand the first year of LCHF sending Cholesterol through the roof is NORMAL for some. I refused statins last year because I knew it was normal to shot up because the body takes a while to stop producing high cholesterol that is produced to protect against high inflammation.
  • thennessy14
    thennessy14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My second round also...
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yes! I stick to 20 - 30g net carbs every day. Today I'm fasting though so it won't get interesting until later. I also just got my blood work done so I'll be posting my before and after results in the LCHF forum!
  • FitChick_42
    FitChick_42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started 10 days ago and have lost 4 pounds (water weight). Would love to have support too, please add me...
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I started 10 days ago and have lost 4 pounds (water weight). Would love to have support too, please add me...

water or not its always motivating to lose when you are trying. :smile:
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm keto since June 1st... If anyone is desperate enough to friend me. :D:D:D
  • grain91
    grain91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started almost three weeks ago, and 10 pounds down already! Would love to have some keto friends too :)
  • mrsbostonceltics
    Options
    Just started yesterday!
  • bebya3
    bebya3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Its great hearing everyone's success stories! I've been doing LCHF for a month now and I've lost 4 kilos... aches and pains very much reduced!