Supplements and fat burners

Options
2»

Replies

• grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You didn't say how much L Carnitine you are taking. When I've used it in the past I got the best results by taking 2000mg first thing in the morning. Another 2000mg before my workout and again after. I would use it on a low carb high protein diet. To make weight for a powerlifting meet. I would only do this for 2 weeks and would drop 10lb. This was with no cardio and heavy low rep weight workout.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    grob49 wrote: »
    You didn't say how much L Carnitine you are taking. When I've used it in the past I got the best results by taking 2000mg first thing in the morning. Another 2000mg before my workout and again after. I would use it on a low carb high protein diet. To make weight for a powerlifting meet. I would only do this for 2 weeks and would drop 10lb. This was with no cardio and heavy low rep weight workout.

Going low carb would deplete glycogen which is why you saw huge loss. It certainly wasnt fst because it would be almost impossible to create a deficit of 35,000 calories.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    zarkaahmed wrote: »
    Psulemon – Yes calorie wise im eating 1200 calories but I still think I may need to increase it to 1440. I have seen results this week maybe I hit a plateau before. I want to lose a couple more lbs before I incorporate resistance/ weight training into my training routine. Which food scales would you recommend. There seem to be various ones on the market.

Also can anyone help with TDEE is that the same thing as how many calories you eating and how many you should burn ?

Moonkat7 – Thanks im a chilli and lemon fan too. I am also drinking lots of green tea for preworkout so maybe I should just stick to it instead of introducing lots of supplements. Im just worried about my metabolism slowing down so I really don’t want to introduce any supplements at all.

Kshama2001- yes my iron levels are okay. I had a blood test just couple of weeks ago so that’s all in check. Im currently eating 1200 cals, im 5 1 and weekly weight loss goal is to lose 2lbs. I just about can manage below 1200 calories. I do try to eat what I burn but not always possible, even though I track what MFP says.

An increase in calories would probably increase energy levels. And i wouldnt wait to add a lifting routine. Waiting will just make it take longer to see results.

And i use a ozeri and love it.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I see people sabotaging their diets by using so called "fat burners," there some people that feel that they can eat a tub of ice cream after taking fat burners/fighters.

These things are ineffective at best.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    First im going to say no supplement is NEEDED to succeed in weight loss. However both those supplements you stated CLA and l-carnatine have been proven to work. Of course first you must have your diet in check to even recieve benefits from either supplement. As I stated previously they aren't needed but they can aid you in weight loss however your main priority is your diet. If you can afford to take these then I see no problem doing so but if they are something that is hurting your money then don't.

Study on CLA
    http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated+Linoleic+Acid/

Study on L-carnatine
    http://examine.com/supplements/L-Carnitine/
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    First im going to say no supplement is NEEDED to succeed in weight loss. However both those supplements you stated CLA and l-carnatine have been proven to work. Of course first you must have your diet in check to even recieve benefits from either supplement. As I stated previously they aren't needed but they can aid you in weight loss however your main priority is your diet. If you can afford to take these then I see no problem doing so but if they are something that is hurting your money then don't.

Study on CLA
    http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated+Linoleic+Acid/

Study on L-carnatine
    http://examine.com/supplements/L-Carnitine/

I think you need to re-read the examine articles if you think those two things "have been proven to work".