Halo top ice cream

Options

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I hate sugar alcohols so I would only eat this if I needed to use a laxative but didn't want to take a pill ;)

More for me then! :wink:
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LMAO at the "frozen tears of human sadness". It's true! Time for me to get some Halo Top...
    Anvil_Head wrote: »
    Another vote for Halo Top being much better than Arctic Zero (which tastes like frozen tears of human sadness to me).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    LMAO at the "frozen tears of human sadness". It's true! Time for me to get some Halo Top...
    Anvil_Head wrote: »
    Another vote for Halo Top being much better than Arctic Zero (which tastes like frozen tears of human sadness to me).

The chunky Artic Zero is ok because the chunks are good, but the base still tastes like crap.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »
    Update: bought a pint of chocolate Halo, ate 1/4 of it, only cost me 60kcal.

Win-win.

I'm so jealous! I've been ferociously googling all morning, but i cant find a stockist in my state :sad:
  • daleisfortynine
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I like Halo Top much better than the other alternatives but it doesn't agree with my intestines, apparently.

Sigh.

Same here.
  • daleisfortynine
    Options
    I hate sugar alcohols so I would only eat this if I needed to use a laxative but didn't want to take a pill ;)

This!
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    Has anyone else tried this? The entire pint is 240 calories. I am eating 103 grams right now for 88 calories and the texture and taste is just like regular ice cream. It is a little pricy at about $6 a pint so I know everyone situation is different, but it is delicious!

Love it. it's nice n creamy makes u wanna eat the whole thing. Kroger sales it in Alabama
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    Has anyone else tried this? The entire pint is 240 calories. I am eating 103 grams right now for 88 calories and the texture and taste is just like regular ice cream. It is a little pricy at about $6 a pint so I know everyone situation is different, but it is delicious!

Love it. it's nice n creamy makes u wanna eat the whole thing. Kroger sales it in Alabama

I don't think we have any Krogers near me :frowning:

I could only find it at Whole Foods in the Birmingham area. Which is probably a good thing considering how expensive it is. We'd probably have to create a whole section in our monthly budget for Halo Top if it were more easily accessible near me!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So, there's a thread under the Food and Nutrition forums that discussed Halo Top at length. I copied and pasted a section some people might find interesting.

TEN NEW FLAVORS OF HALO TOP COMING OUT OCTOBER 10th
    See below (bad copy and paste job but I wasn't sure if I'm allowed to copy another person's username into a totally different thread. And the picture didn't show.)

gglc2mychlnb.jpeg

Secrets out. 10 new flavors.

1. Cookies and cream
    2. Oatmeal cookie
    3. Red velvet
    4. Pistachio
    5. Chocolate chip cookie dough
    6. Chocolate almond crunch
    7. Peanut butter cup
    8. Smores
    9. Sea salt caramel
    10. Black cherry
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    So, there's a thread under the Food and Nutrition forums that discussed Halo Top at length. I copied and pasted a section some people might find interesting.

See below (bad copy and paste job but I wasn't sure if I'm allowed to copy another person's username into a totally different thread. And the picture didn't show.)

gglc2mychlnb.jpeg

1. Cookies and cream
    2. Oatmeal cookie
    3. Red velvet
    4. Pistachio
    7. Peanut butter cup
    8. Smores
    9. Sea salt caramel
    10. Black cherry

That's it. Pack it up. Gonna buy it all.
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    IN for peanut butter cup!
  • joans1976
    Options
    Yep, #5 and # 9. All. Day. Long.
  • joans1976
    Options
    Oops forgot to say some of the pints go up to 360 cals. They all differ. If I could post the pic you could see but I'm dense.
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »

gglc2mychlnb.jpeg

1. Cookies and cream
    2. Oatmeal cookie
    3. Red velvet
    4. Pistachio
    7. Peanut butter cup
    8. Smores
    9. Sea salt caramel
    10. Black cherry

Man... I'm going to have to get a second job just to pay for my Halo Top.
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Oh I just saw all the flavored and am so excited!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Can't find it in Hawaii:(.
  • joans1976
    Options
    nt6jasiz5g16.png
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I found the Vanilla and Strawberry flavors absolutely delicious and definitely a good substitute for the real thing. It is pricey so its not an everyday thing but it definitely is nice to have that as an option.