diet and exercise. .. Not losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Sahrawi2016
    Sahrawi2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will share my experience.
    Like you, I was a gymholic but unable to loose weight. Then I went to a nutritionist who asked me to stop exercising for 2 month and followed a carbohydrates free program. As consequence, I managed to drop 10 kilos in two months time. Then he requested me to resume workout to hold the weight.
    Since then I am on that weight without a change.
  • lmbarreto
    lmbarreto Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid your problem is that you are not eating enough calories. I know this sounds crazy, but when you don't take enough calories your body may store fat to survive and to provide the essentials needed to be functional. Check this article, not eating enough calories can be harmful. https://chriskresser.com/are-you-an-under-eater-8-signs-youre-not-eating-enough/

Take Michael Phelps as an example, he is the best Olympian of all times, he is in a terrific shape, but guess what, his training is so hard and so intense that he has to be in a 10-12k daily calorie diet so he can stay healthy and perform the way he does. Perhaps you need to adjust your macros, eat more protein and fats and very low carbs. Good luck
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Havamal71 wrote: »
    Muscle weighs more than fat.

^Seriously? No. Muscle burns more calories than fat, 1 pound is 1 pound. The mass of 1 pound can be greater or less, depending what you are weighing, but it is still a pound.

And, the OP is definitely not going to be gaining weight exercising that much and eating 1200 calories per day.

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    It takes time to lose weight and even if you lost 2 lbs. in a week, it could be water weight. Patience is key and to see any good results should take about a month or more. That's my opinion and you can take it for what its worth. Good luck in your weight loss journey.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If you're accurate in what you say about intake and exercise level, I'd also say it's water retention. I was recently in a weight loss stall for about 2 weeks. I had been exercising more and more, such that I got an overuse injury in my foot. Now I was forced to stop my running and walking workouts! I could no longer burn my average of 330 calories per day, so I dropped down to burning about 100 calories a day (easy on the stationary bike), and dropped my calorie intake by 200 calories as well. It's been a week of this, and I'm down 2 lbs on the scale. Lots of exercise = water retention!

I also feel much better! I was running myself into the ground with my workouts, and it was more difficult to stay under my calorie goal. When my foot is better I plan to run and walk, but not to the same extent as before. So anyway, you might try backing off some from your workouts and see what happens. I wouldn't go lower than 1200 calories, though--in fact personally that's way too low for me. I'm happy with a 1lb loss per week eating 1600 calories. Anyway, good luck!