Whole Food Plant based/Vegetarian/Vegan - Balancing work and food/training

Options
Hi guys,

Still struggling to get a new routine down with my new job. I've been back to work for a month now. We've been eating out a lot and I know that's not a good thing. (up 3 pounds already) Trying to reign it in. Last week I prepped veggies but we still ended up eating out a couple of nights and lunch once. The dinners we had at home had very few veggies and weren't very filling. Dr. Peppers are my downfall and there's chocolate at the office. Ugh!

This week I'm going to incorporate more crock pot recipes.

I prefer Whole Food Plant Based but haven't worked out a big enough menu that everyone likes yet. And I'm not a vegan protester - I know that it makes me feel awesome I'm just not an in your face kinda person. I'd rather lead by example. Namaste folks - no negative comments please! That's the one thing I don't like about searching message boards and the web looking for vegetarian or vegan foods - there are so many folks who live that lifestyle who are so hostile and angry with the rest of the world because they aren't listening and aren't living veggie style. Well isn't the whole point to live a peaceful existence? Anyway - PEACE guys....This post is not meant to start a debate - it is simply a quest for recipes and ideas to simplify the work week food plan.

Tried to get my millennial daughter or ADHD hubby to do dinner and that's a hit or miss (thus the eating out a couple of times last week). So I'm just going to have to do the cooking and they can do the cleaning.

What I'm trying to get in place is a plan where I can prep everything on the weekend and just throw it together that morning so it will be ready when I get home in the evening because being new I am worn out by the time I get home.

Which leads me to Part 2 of the new routine - how to get my workouts in. Thinking of joining the gym again. I am more of a walker though. So I want to start back with incorporating my daily walks back into the daily routine. I have to. I already signed up for a 5k in Janauary months ago. It might start to get easier since it's getting cooler. Before it was way too hot and not enough time for a shower before work unless I got up at 4:30 a.m. which leaves me brain dead the rest of the morning. Lol The evenings I am just worn out. It's weird how mentally draining it is to soak in information overload 8 hours a day and that it's physically draining too.

Seriously though I have got to get my food and exercise back on track.

Anyone else food prep or use a crock pot on a Whole Food Plant Based diet? Other points - we haven't worked up to Tofu yet and not fond of couscous. We're in Louisiana so we do a lot of rice, pasta and potatoes.

Replies