October Fun Fitness Challenge

Options
Jacquitheelder
Jacquitheelder Posts: 68 Member
This is more of a self motivation challenge. To each their own, but for the entire month. Don't make it so challenging that it's not fun and don't make it so easy it's not a challenge. Mine is to lift weights 3x a week minimum with the hope of a minimum 30 minutes and maximum 1 hour with weights increasing only when they are not as hard. I have 3 sessions with a trainer so I don't get hurt

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,028 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    For October, I already have joined a 24 Hour/Month Challenge, a 60 Min Planks/Month Challenge and a Walk/Run/Move Challenge, but I really need something to be accountable to get more resistance/weight lifting in per week since I tend to be cardio heavy. I already do Stand Up Paddleboarding which really is mixed strength/resistance training and cardio, but the resistance part is a bit hard to measure and I feel like I need more, especially on weeks where I don't get to do as much paddling. This sounds like a good place to post for some more accountability with my resistance/weight training.

My goal is at least 2 days a week of Resistance Bands, Kettlebell or Body Weight Training on Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Right now, I'm less concerned about the amount of time as much as I just want to get consistent with doing it regularly.
  • Jacquitheelder
    Options
    I'm also seeking consistency
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My goal is the same as yours Jacqui. I want to weight train 3x's a week for the month of October.
  • Missnu13
    Missnu13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hiii Jacqui!! Long day coaching today. We won 35-0 and are sitting at 4-1. Now on to the challenge. Weight training 4x a week. I don't log weight training. I don't like how my Garmin Vivoactive tracks it. Maybe I will mess with my fitness tracker a bit more. I started early this AM doing biceps, triceps, and forearms. Lets do it ladies and gents!!
  • Jacquitheelder
    Options
    Excellent Norton! Got my first day in myself
  • Jacquitheelder
    Options
    Msmimi yay! 3x a week is a reasonable goal
  • Jacquitheelder
    Options
    b3achy I'm impressed!
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in ..aiming for 3 strength training and 3 cardio sessions per week. My goal is consistency.

Today I did Bulk legs!
  • flatmtnoutdoors
    flatmtnoutdoors Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in. Brand new to this app and my new fit life to be. I would like to commit to hiking at least 40 minutes on 5 seperate days a week for this month. I have always loved hiking but it usually takes a back burner to other life stuff. I think this will be fun way to keep me moving more!
  • Jacquitheelder
    Options
    Hiking is a splendid idea
  • Jacquitheelder
    Options
    zoritt wrote: »
    I'm in ..aiming for 3 strength training and 3 cardio sessions per week. My goal is consistency.

Today I did Bulk legs!
    zoritt wrote: »

Today I did Bulk legs!

Great plan!
  • b3achy
    Options
    Not feeling well today (slept most of it away), but wanted to do a little something to start this challenge.

Goal at least 2 Days of Resistance/Body Weight Training per Week (M/W/F)
    3 October (M): Kettlebells - 2 sets of 6 exercises - 6 minutes
  • Missnu13
    Options
    Weight training. Chest Upper and lower. Traps, and triceps. Calves as well. 4 days a week is the plan. Coaching Football eats up my time but making it work. Wednesday is targeted next visit. Oh yeah gonna have to increase Calories.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hi all! :)

I'd like to join as well. I need some motivation to be more consistent with strength/resistance training.
    I think I already do enough cardio - a couple bike rides to work each week, and I love running. But somehow, even if I manage to run 4-5 times per week, I never seem to have time for strength training. I always find excuses...

My goal is to do the workouts from the YAYOG app (="you are your own gym", bodyweight exercises) at least twice per week; so a minimum 8 YAYOG workouts in October. Got stuck in week 3 or week 4 of the programme the last time I did it and then gave up, so I'll be starting over.

First workout's done - already on Monday, but my arms are still sore today! Guess that's proof that I need to do this more often :D

03.10.2016 = YAYOG week 1 day 1
    ---
    1 of 8 for October

• msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I got in 2 strength workouts this week. One upper and one lower. Next week I've got to reach my goal of 3.
  • b3achy
    Options

5 October (W): Still sick and just not feeling it today.
    7 October (F): Resistance Bands - 2 sets / Heavy resistance - 28 minutes
    Week 1: 2 of 3 days done, Week 1 Goal reached :)
  • Jacquitheelder
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Not feeling well today (slept most of it away), but wanted to do a little something to start this challenge.

Good for you
  • Jacquitheelder
    Options
    Ok made it the first week 3x weight training. How's everyone doing?
  • Missnu13
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well after storm cleanup today and plywood removal I hit the gym tonight. I missed my Wednesday and Friday workouts. Made up for it today. Chest, lats, triceps, and calves.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Missnu13 wrote: »
    Well after storm cleanup today and plywood removal I hit the gym tonight. I missed my Wednesday and Friday workouts. Made up for it today. Chest, lats, triceps, and calves.

Glad you made it safely through the storm! Glad we didn't get what GA/SC/NC got. Storm preps and aftermath are serious workouts.