Options
124»

Replies

• dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    adriennevy wrote: »
    mattro7703 wrote: »
    Good to see other bike riders here. I ride KTM's mainly, dirt, and Adventure touring but also have a Moto Guzzi for the road. Travel overseas at least once a year to ride somewhere different. On here to improve fitness and drop some kilos.
    Hello! I'm currently planning a round-the-world trip with my boyfriend on our DR650s. Planning on leaving mid to late 2017. Part of the reason I'm getting fit is for more endurance off-road. :smile:
    That sounds amazing!!!!
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    perk to being on a low carb diet, i've yet to go to an MC cookout that didn't have steaks or burgers. good to see another biker in the group!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Wow! That was an interesting thread. I'll throw myself into the mix. I ride my own, proudly next to my husband...we have good jobs, a house, camper, grown children and two dogs. There really is no way to describe the pull of riding a motorcycle unless, well, you ride a motorcycle. It's by far, one of the most rewarding things I've done. I totally understand the original post with not having decent food to eat while out riding. I just try to choose something I can share with my husband and throw a side salad with. As far as drinking, I pace myself so that I'm never buzzed at any point... Don't like losing any kind of control on my bike. One of my struggles is riding and feeling my spare tire around my waist
    A never ending struggle to find anything healthy in a biker bar or MC event. I recently went to one where they actually had three platters of fruit and veggies, boy I hope that is a sign of things to come...

My fiancé recently joined an MC that has cookouts every Sunday. I haven't been to one yet but it will be interesting to see what kind of food they have there.
  • mattro7703
    mattro7703 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    adriennevy wrote: »
    mattro7703 wrote: »
    Good to see other bike riders here. I ride KTM's mainly, dirt, and Adventure touring but also have a Moto Guzzi for the road. Travel overseas at least once a year to ride somewhere different. On here to improve fitness and drop some kilos.
    Hello! I'm currently planning a round-the-world trip with my boyfriend on our DR650s. Planning on leaving mid to late 2017. Part of the reason I'm getting fit is for more endurance off-road. :smile:

Awesome! If you guys make it to Brisbane Australia look me up. You can crash at my place. I'll show you guys around. :)
  • Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Wow! That was an interesting thread. I'll throw myself into the mix. I ride my own, proudly next to my husband...we have good jobs, a house, camper, grown children and two dogs. There really is no way to describe the pull of riding a motorcycle unless, well, you ride a motorcycle. It's by far, one of the most rewarding things I've done. I totally understand the original post with not having decent food to eat while out riding. I just try to choose something I can share with my husband and throw a side salad with. As far as drinking, I pace myself so that I'm never buzzed at any point... Don't like losing any kind of control on my bike. One of my struggles is riding and feeling my spare tire around my waist
    A never ending struggle to find anything healthy in a biker bar or MC event. I recently went to one where they actually had three platters of fruit and veggies, boy I hope that is a sign of things to come...

My fiancé recently joined an MC that has cookouts every Sunday. I haven't been to one yet but it will be interesting to see what kind of food they have there.

Typically the best tasting worst for you foods you can find.. I love the MC events... They just don't love me, I find If I eat before I go I eat less junk.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »

Generally ours are potlucks, so there's a little of everything. So cool that y'all have them every weekend.
  • Bigsur2
    Bigsur2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the food and make up for it elsewhere. Oh....and I'm an Environmental Scientist, Husband, Father, homeowner and many other things. I'll be buying my first HD this winter......hopefully.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Started riding dirt bikes in 1967. Bought my first street bike in 1972. No better feeling than cruising down the road straddling 103 Cubic Inches with no destination in mind and all the time in the world to get there.