Started C25K, Who's with me!?

Options
13»

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    @Rinde99: You've got the determination, so my guess is that you're going to do great!
  • CrescentVolf
    CrescentVolf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the last run of week one tomorrow! Nervous about moving to the next week, but I'm going to try on Sunday!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the last run of week one tomorrow! Nervous about moving to the next week, but I'm going to try on Sunday!

Great job! You can do it. Remember to pace yourself and take it slow ( I need my own advice). I didn't find the move from 60 to 90 seconds that much more difficult.
  • CrescentVolf
    Options
    Thanks! :) I think I can handle it. I go fairly slow, but I know I am physically running. The stride is totally different from a walk haha
  • zbobbsemple
    zbobbsemple Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I was running the weight dropped so fast I couldnt keep up lol. But Im willing to try it again.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    janekana wrote: »
    I'm getting into running myself! Question for all of you who use treadmills and just starting out, what speed do you guys put yourself in? I don't know if I'm doing this too slowly :(

I like to walk at 3.5mph, and jog at 6mph it keeps me focused on achieving a 10 minute mile.
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm getting into running myself! Question for all of you who use treadmills and just starting out, what speed do you guys put yourself in? I don't know if I'm doing this too slowly :(

I do my "running" at 4.5 mph and walking at 3.0 mph. Warm-up walk at 3.5 mph. I was doing my "run" at 5 mph but my gait pattern is/was atrocious so I stopped letting my ego get in the way and slowed it down.

P.S. I had a stroke in May and right after I needed 2 person assistance and a walker to walk, so I've come a long way!

• jdawson002
    jdawson002 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting the C25K again after my current knee injury gets better. I stupidly went too fast too soon and now I'm paying the price :confused:
  • CrescentVolf
    Options
    It's so easy to push too hard. Especially when you see people running around you lol. I try to do it when there aren't many people around. Made it through Week 2 Day 1!
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options

I'm a beginner at exercise and I do it on the treadmill. I walk at 3.0 and 'run' at 4.0. It's a slow jog but still a jog :smiley: