Apple cider vinegar

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I fell for the hype of having 2 shots of ACV a few years ago, which i kept up for 4ish months. To this day I can not add vinegar to my cooking, just the smell makes me cringe, so yes, this little experiment scarred me for life :confounded:
    The only thing i noticed which could be placebo, is that it dulled my appetite.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    ^^lol... you always give me a chuckle, Christine. You are one of the absolute nicest people on these boards. I'm so glad to see you out of jail. I can't imagine how that could have happened.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    :bigsmile:
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    I fell for the hype of having 2 shots of ACV a few years ago, which i kept up for 4ish months. To this day I can not add vinegar to my cooking, just the smell makes me cringe, so yes, this little experiment scarred me for life :confounded:

I take a shot of it once in a while to help with heartburn/acid reflux. It always makes me want fish and chips! :D
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited October 2016
    Anvil_Head wrote: »

I take a shot of it once in a while to help with heartburn/acid reflux. It always makes me want fish and chips! :D

I've just recently started using it for reflux and it works pretty well. It tastes horrible and i can feel my teeth cringing.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    It's great for making fruit fly traps! Put a little in a jar with cling wrap across the top, poke some holes in it and put it by your fruit bowl. The flies are attracted to the vinegar, go in through the holes and can't get out again.

I do something similar with it, except add a few drops of dish soap to the vinegar. It changes the surface tension and causes them to sink. No need for the plastic wrap then.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Holistic doctors and health care practitioners swear by it. Putting tablespoon in a glass of water and drinking it makes your system more alkaline not acid. To some, an acidic digestive system promotes disease and sluggish metabolism. I personally drink alkaline water a few times a day..and also drink ACV when I can't get my water.

You can read about this on the net.. I suggest you google Dr. Axe Apple Cider Vinegar and read that. There are a host of other things it does too. Like it kills foot fungus.. and if you soak you feet in it.. all your callouses come right off.. It balances the PH of skin.. the list goes on and on. Just google.

Dr Axe is a quack. And no way to the bolded. There's not way to change the body's pH, and if you could, it would mean death.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    It can't be good for your teeth. Yikes.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    lithezebra wrote: »
    It can't be good for your teeth. Yikes.

Or the esophagus.
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    I don't know whether using it on a regular basis helps or not. But I do know this from experience: If you use Braggs (the raw unfiltered good stuff) it helps with acid reflux, some minor allergies, as an antiseptic/astringent, colds, sore throat, congestion, and topically for quite a few conditions. If I was to recommend it on a regular basis, here's how I'd use it: small amount (1tsp-1tbsp) with water and/or honey with or after a big meal to aid in digestion and stabilize blood sugar.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Treece68 wrote: »
    BAHRJE6576 wrote: »
    So basically don't waste money or time on it.

Unless you use it for cooking

Or cleaning your copper pots!!
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    I use it to rinse my produce after grocery shopping. All fruits and vegetables dunked in about 2 quarts of water to 2 tablespoons of ACV. Helps clean them of residue and they stay fresh longer.