Stronglifts 5×5

Options
2»

Replies

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    GauchoMark wrote: »
    yea, I guess I should clarify - I'm not suggesting that you make it more challenging. You NEED to start out ridiculously light! You can, however, do more than 5 sets or increase reps as you like to help nail down the technique if you are getting through the workout without breaking a sweat.

Just remember that while you are light, technique is the goal. If you start straining or getting unstable any at all, you are pushing yourself too hard too quickly.

The other thing I did while it was light was do less time between sets. So instead of the 1:30, I might do 30-60 seconds. This helps make it a little harder, and also helps you get through the reps that much faster.
  • sohosocialclub
    sohosocialclub Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    It's awesome. Also, check out Jim Wendler 5/3/1. Another great, yet simple plan.
  • SkinnyFatBGone
    SkinnyFatBGone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to start this program but I'm currently training to run 10 miles non-stop. I see that squats are a huge part of stronglifts and I've injured myself every single time I've done squats. The most recent injury sidelined me for a week.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I would love to start this program but I'm currently training to run 10 miles non-stop. I see that squats are a huge part of stronglifts and I've injured myself every single time I've done squats. The most recent injury sidelined me for a week.

I did start after I ran my first Half Marathon, so I understand your position. However, after starting, I don't think the program, at least in the beginning, interferes with running. Since you've injured yourself "every single time" you've done squats, perhaps you should have an informed someone review your form.