PCOS

Options
2»

Replies

• dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I just got told i have it about a year ago. all the signs showed up at once like over night :( never had a problem losing weight until this year. 1 year only 15 lbs! I'm here for ya, we all are!
  • DallasLeann
    Options
    Add me to the list. I was recently diagnosed after 6 years trying to conceive. I am still learning, but feel free to add me if you like.
  • pitarms
    pitarms Posts: 14
    Options
    I TO WAS DX WITH PCOS WHEN I WAS 21. TOOK ME 3 YRS TO GET PREGNANT BUT WE DID IT!! AND LOSING WEIGHT IS A BIG FREAKING CHALLENGE!!! IT WAS HARD ON ME AT FIRST BUT I GOT USE TO IT. I HAVE TO BE ON BIRTH CONTROL FOR ME TO EVEN BE REGULAR. IM GONNA ADD YOU.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with PCOS for about 15 yrs...finally this year in February...I started taking Metformin...1000 mg which has helped. I have also been diagnosed with hypothyroid..so 45 mg of Armour for that.

I have gone through so many means to get pregnant..everything but invitro..cause thats just not financially possible. I have come to terms with not having bio children..but I do have 2 wonderful daughters who are the joy of my life..There are other ways besides bio to have children.

My doctor has me on a low glycemic diet...and I have lost almost 20 pounds since April. It is possible..What I mostly watch is my sugars and carbs..since I am insulin resistant..There are ways to control it..just ask as much as you can when you see your doc next
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome -- if you want to google for more info. It's extremely common but not always diagnosed correctly because the symptoms are easily mistaken for other things.

What is PCOS? It doesn't sound like a very good thing. I feel for all of you who suffer from it--by the things I'm reading here.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed not that long ago with PCOS after i had an ectopic pregnancy. My doc. *strongly* encouraged me to lost at least 30 lbs... so here i am!
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Another PCOS-er here, feel free to add me. I'm very very lucky in that I've managed to have 2 wonderful children, but I'm unlucky in that some of my symptoms don't improve with weight loss.:sad:

Louise x
  • jenniebny
    jenniebny Posts: 1
    Options
    I was dx with PCOS at age 16 & am quite a bit older than that now! Had twins after fertility treatments & then a surprise pregnancy 2 & a half years later. Gained lots of weight during the pregnancies & lost 50 pounds last year doing the Eat to Live plan by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It's a very strict way to eat though so sadly I have fallen off the wagon. Trying to get back on track & looking for support!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    OK - Saw weight loss Doctor today!!! For those with PCOS - He said that my daily diaries are great and the only changes he would make were two: 1> More protein in the morning!!! 2> Change my calories from 1700 to 1800 per day = SCORE!!! What!! Up my calories??? Ummm OK!