The FOOD SCALE doesn't LIE and we should all use Grams not tablespoons.

Options
Michael190lbs
Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
edited October 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I was curious about the quick Peanut butter sandwich I make every morning for a long time so today I decided to use the scale and a google conversion ounces to grams as I have always counted it as 5 tablespoons ( MFP Choice) which is 525 calories plus 220 in whole grain bread.
SHOCKED!!! SHOCKED!!!
It seems the REAL weight of my wonderful wonderful Peanut butter is 189.24 grams which is equal to 1242 calories plus 220 in whole grain bread for a WHOOPPPING 1462 calories:):)

Good news is I'm trying to add weight at this point so no biggie but I think we can all learn a lesson from this message and that is

THE SCALE DOESN'T LIE so weigh out your food guessing doesn't work DUUUhh !!! LOL!!

So did I eat this wonderful sandwich I made in all of 10 seconds you bet I did and it was great!!

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Yup. :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Good for you, OP. For sure the high fat foods are where the calories can really really add up.

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I want to know what brand of Peanut butter he has that 5tbsp is only 525 calories. I want that one. I stopped eating peanut butter because 1 tbsp is 190 calories.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 Damn! I read that wrong. I must have just taken a quick glance, but I swore it was one. And I've been missing PB for 2 months! Oh well, my bad. But it's still a lot of calories for such a small amount....my big *kitten* really doesn't need it lol.
  • Jewbe
    Jewbe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what type of scale are you using? I just want to see if I can find one for a reasonable price. :smile:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Jewbe wrote: »
    Can I ask what type of scale are you using? I just want to see if I can find one for a reasonable price. :smile:

I got one at Costco for about $10. They usually run about that price, no more than $20.