How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• poopshipdestroyer
    Options
    I drink mine with an 80 calorie packet of hot chocolate... I just have one 6 to 8 oz cup a day. The coffee and the hot chocolate is free at work.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,136 Member
    Options
    Black.
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Like my women... Dirty and from a gas station :) JK!!

I like to add vanilla protein muscle milk (or whatever brand I have) instead of cream and add a couple Stevia packets.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee light and sweet...unfortunately that's not good for the calories. I just realized that my daily 20oz coffee is 240 calories a day! that's a small meal, or at the very least, a good snack! I usually use 4 sugar packets, 4 splenda packets, and 3/4 a cup of half and half! Yikes....any suggestions on how I can still indulge in my creamy coffee....but make it a little lighter??

Are you using 4 sugar packets AND 4 splenda packets?? You don't need both.

Since I've been on MFP I don't actually add sugar to my coffee or tea anymore. For my coffee it is just enough creamer or milk to change the colour from simply black coffee. Tea I use with a little milk and no sugar.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! One splenda packet would make it too sickeningly sweet for me. I like it black.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I used to have coffee with milk and two sugars, when I started at MPF I tried various combinations (milk/no milk, sugar, less sugar, sweetener etc) but didn't like any of them. Then I thought I'd try black - nothing else. Love it, and now drink black coffee. About 4 calories.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with just a small amount of skim milk, about 20 calories per cup.
    no sugar or sweetener
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Protein coffee. I add protein powder to mine.
    How's that taste? Did you have to get used to it? What flavor?
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    20 oz of coffee sounds terrifying to me - I'm European, used to Italian style coffee - to me coffee is a thick non translucent liquid, consumed with a splash of real milk (not powdered creamer), in a small cup. I have a couple of those a day. I sometimes have them black, sometimes with a tiny bit of sweetener or sugar (like a third of a packet of sugar, just enough to take the bitterness edge off).
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Tiny splash of heavy whipping cream with a bit of coconut oil.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've been drinking my coffee black & unsweetened for years, couldn't drink it any other way now.

Love your profile pic @lacroyx :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »

Tastes great to me like a regular coffee with creamer. The trick for me is to make a slurry with a little cream before tempering in the hot coffee or else you will get a clumpy mess.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Tastes great to me like a regular coffee with creamer. The trick for me is to make a slurry with a little cream before tempering in the hot coffee or else you will get a clumpy mess.

yeah, i just want to point out that if you use a non-whey protein regardless of the method you end up with a nasty clumpy mess. Atleast from my experience i've yet to see a vegan protein powder that doesn't go all disgusting in coffee. :(
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    @OP, i rarely drink coffee because i like it like you do. :)

I now generally drink flavored teas (black, green, and white being my favorites).

Otherwise, if i must drink coffee i drink it with ONE creamer, 2 splendas, and about 6-8 ounces total.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

yeah, i just want to point out that if you use a non-whey protein regardless of the method you end up with a nasty clumpy mess. Atleast from my experience i've yet to see a vegan protein powder that doesn't go all disgusting in coffee. :(

I have no experience with vegan anything so I can't comment on that. I use Quest protein powder, ON protein powder and MusclePharm Cookies and Cream protein powder. All of these have worked well in my coffee.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I have no experience with vegan anything so I can't comment on that. I use Quest protein powder, ON protein powder and MusclePharm Cookies and Cream protein powder. All of these have worked well in my coffee.

Yeah, before i started having issues with dairy i used ON. Worked great. :cry:
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I make a latte with almond milk and some sweetener drops I found. It's about 28 calories a cup, and delicious. If I'm feeling super extravagant, I'll use proper syrup which bumps it up to about 70 calories.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Coffee, black.

Now all I need is a cigarette and a heart break.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You have to figure out where you want to spend your calories. I'd rather spend mine on food than drinks so I learned to drink it black. Sometimes I'll have some skim milk in it but I like it just fine black now, and find it hard to drink if there's sweetener in it.