Sooooo pissed, but ok :)

Options
NewVonnie
NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
Was I pissed, upset, sad? Yep. The reasons why arent important, thats not the important part of this story :) *Cue the feel sorry for myself music* This would also be my excuse to eat any and all crap I could get my hands and mouth on. Am I an emotional eater? UMMMMM, yeah. Anyway, I was upset and on my way to the store to get a few things. A prescription, some healthy cereal, low- fat salad dressing, etc. So I get my carriage ( or cart or buggy depending where you live) and go about getting my stuff. Of course I hone in on the freshly baked Italian bread..OMG..I LOVE bread. I NEED bread..I'm upset after all. I need the whole loaf all for me because it will make me feel better..soooo much better. I go over and pick up a loaf, lift it to my face and inhale..mmmmmmmmm. Bread. Crusty on the outside, soft in the middle bread. I put it in my cart and walk away...and walk back..and away..and back. Deep breath...another one. people look at me. I"M FIGHTING AN URGE PEOPLE..GO AWAY..THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!!! With another longing look I put it back and steer my cart past the bread to the cake, and muffins, and cream puffs..CREAM PUFFS PEOPLE..ughhhhh. The cookies, and donuts..Yeah...I know I'm torturing myself..*sigh* Did I resist because I NEED to be healthy and not dead?Partly. Because I cant live like this anymore, with food holding this power over me? Partly. Because the shame and guilt of scarfing down an entire loaf of bread in the car on the way home and trying to pretend it didnt happen and that I was ok was just too freakin much to bear. That too. Because MFP and all my friends here make me feel accountable and they encourage me every day and I didnt want to have to tell them I failed..yep, that too. Was I still upset? Heck yeah!!! But I felt it, breathed through it, thought it all out, how I would feel if I gave in and also how I would feel if I didnt...Score one for me!! Every day I feel stronger. Thanks my friends for your part in my victory :) xoxoxoxo

Replies

• JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Way to go Von. The hardest part is starting the journey.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well done! That is HUGE!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Well done, I'm fighting the same battle and have been known to put things in my trolley and take them back out again. Or turn my ipod on and look away as I pass the sweets....
    Great work, keep it up
    (In case it gives you a giggle - in my part of the world, to be "soooo pissed" means to be very drunk, so I was glad to read that you are ok :smile:)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You're a conquerer, you got this! I know food urges are uber annoying. D:
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    WHAT A SUCCESS!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!! THANK YOU for not giving in - expend that energy on some EXERCISE, girl!!!! YOU'VE GOT THIS!
  • Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am an emotional eater too and there is nothing worse than staring at something you LOVE and WANT but dont NEED. Keep up the good work girl, it will pay off. I promise you all of a sudden your mind will switch and it wont be the bread and sweet snacks you crave. Keep telling yourself that you dont need it. One of my favorite quotes "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".
    It is good to have a goal card to for when you get into these situations to look at them and remember why you dont WANT that bread/sweet/ candy... whatever it may be
    ANYWAY I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Yay you!!!!!!!!!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Well done, I'm fighting the same battle and have been known to put things in my trolley and take them back out again. Or turn my ipod on and look away as I pass the sweets....
    Great work, keep it up
    (In case it gives you a giggle - in my part of the world, to be "soooo pissed" means to be very drunk, so I was glad to read that you are ok :smile:)

LOL!!!!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    That's a huge NSV if I ever read one. Glad you thought of us, because if I looked at your diary and read about an entire loaf of bread for a snack...well, let's just say there would be some 'splainin' to do!

Good for you....
  • razzmahtazz
    razzmahtazz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job you did! I can relate and have been known to push the cart down the ice cream aisle more than once! Thank goodness for MFP!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm there with you. Every day & especially at the grocery store. :)
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Von that is wonderful! I am so happy you were able to make the right choices even though it was so very difficult. Way to go sweetie!
  • felibrent
    felibrent Posts: 4
    Options
    HAA I'm with Ruby - in Aus, 'pissed' means really drunk.....and to you guys it means 'very angry' - is that right?> >>
    dilemna drunk= happy but too many calories. Angry = no calories btu nobody likes a grump!
  • LizToner
    LizToner Posts: 49
    Options
    That is amazing, and so empowering! How awesome for you!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    GOOD

FOR

YOU

!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • EliseMarie24
    EliseMarie24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is hard to walk away sometimes, even a few times:-), but it really does make you feel better at the end of the day. I have done it often myself. Again, great job! :-)
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Super awesome NSV! Way to be!
  • Adbrown1956
    Adbrown1956 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! u just learn 2 fight will-power...good job
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing the other day with a different food. I walked back and forth like five times, all the while my children are wondering if I'm crazy and why we keep going down the same aisle. I finally put everything down, but it was hard. When i realized I was trying to make a plan in my head of when/where I could eat it with no one seeing me, I knew I really shouldn't have it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!