Your greatest feat of strength?

Options

Replies

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sets of 7-8 weighted pull-ups with a 45 lb dumbbell between my ankles... sets of 8-9 weighted dips with a 45 lb dumbbell between my ankles. I haven't tried for a 1 x maximum on either yet.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Aww shucks you guys, I will never lift like you, but have just skipped home from the gym after reaching a goal.

I deadlifted 105 lbs. it was just 1, but I did it! Just over my bodyweight.

I get so excited with all these little accomplishments- very fortuitous that this post was here so I could share it. I was bursting to tell someone.

Cheers, h.

Those are the best. They aren't little accomplishments either. Congratulations.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    My first 300 lb dead lift (just a couple weeks ago). Watch out, 315!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=107cI3DqHas

Get it!!!!!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Physical strength, or internal strength?
  • Rich180k
    Rich180k Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    the greatest feat of strength was more of a journey to overcome the pain, after breaking and dislocating my right wrist which was screwed back together and also having a fractured elbow it was difficult to curl a broomstick.
    after working my way through the range of motion with light weights , I joined the gym and convinced myself I would succeed in benching and curling more then I ever had in the past. it took some time to get there
    but at my peak fitness level I had benched over 375lbs and was curling over 150lbs.
    I will get there again .. see you at the gym!
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Squared 370 @ a body weight of 155 back when I was competing as in power lifting
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    505 on the bench, got done, stood up, looked back at the bar and it was bending in the rack. 5X5X405 was great, 405 on incline was another. At 270 lbs BW

Strong AF dude!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Not currently lifting because of illness but my greatest feat of strength was when I returned to lifting after having to take 9 months off which included not being able to squat down to pick something up without help getting back up to being able to do all so 5*5 with all the progressions as suggested for squats, DL and rows and squat over my bw and DL 1.5 x over bw. I can't wait to restart again
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I really wish I'd written down a lot more things way back in the day. The 2 that stand out are benching 340 @ 180lbs. And doing a back lever in front of a whole group of people at a certification the 1st time I ever tried it. I strained so hard to hold it I popped little blood vessels around my eyes.