A message for you

Options
2»

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    IIRC, the OP has mentioned that she has followed several Beachbody plans as part of her approach to weight loss.

OP, I'm sorry that happened and I'm glad you're not letting it get you down.

OP after seeing this I have to ask, are you a coach or talking a lot about BB products on FB?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with her having her opinion. The problems lies in if you put worth in hers. If not, let it go.

It's one thing to have an opinion. There's nothing wrong with that, I agree, but it's much more than just an opinion when that opinion is made public to shame someone.

Perhaps don't give people the power to shame you by giving worth to their words.

I've yet to hear how this is shaming. "Shamer" thinks the OP is wrong. The OP thinks the "shamer" is wrong and posted it on a public forum as well. They have a disagreement, plain and simple.

• JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I had a facebook friend that does that beach body coach thing make comments about food I posted about saying I wouldn't be able to reach my goals if I ate artificial sweeteners. She was super into clean eating, organic hippy stuff. She was by no means trying to be a jerk, I believe her intentions were good. Well I lost 30lbs this year hitting my weight loss goal while drinking wine and eating halo top.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    One of the best things I ever did for myself? Delete Facebook. WIN :)

Same here, I deleted it when i found MFP.

Faceache/Fakebook has caused way too many problems and drama's for way too many people

I guess that depends entirely on who's on your friend list. ;)

I have friends whose philosophies in a lot of areas don't match mine. Kind of like in life. As long as they don't push their agenda on me, or try to make me 'wrong' for not doing it their way, it's all good. If someone were to go on the attack for any reason, it's simple enough to delete and block them.

The vast majority of people I have on Facebook are old friends that I wouldn't be in touch with a lot any other way. But keeping in touch - even if we don't get the chance to get together because of geography - enriches my life by being able to be a small part of theirs. If only one apple is rotten, why throw out the whole barrel?

Edited to add: I'm a Canadian, but a lot of people on my FL are American because I lived and worked in Atlanta for five years. I have very little interest in politics in general, and American politics in particular. Especially this time around!

A lot of my US friend's feeds are currently filled-to-overflowing with stupid memes running down one or the other of the two candidates, and it bores me witless. Instead of deleting them, though, I've simply unfollowed them until after this insanity passes, so that their stuff isn't currently clogging up my feed. I'll reinstate them in December because - other than politically based bashing - I really enjoy them and what they have to say.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    report her post to Facebook... and block her from your newsfeed. she will no longer see any of your posts.. she'll have to find another victim. Horrible woman!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    And that's why I quit Facebook. It was too much like being in high school again. It was actually causing me to feel terrible about myself. The day I closed my account was liberating.
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just to play devils advocate, is it possible this person was actually trying to help out without wanting to directly go to you so you felt singled out? Obviously I didn't see it and don't know the tone or message, but maybe it was them trying to help you in their own way. Without knowing anything about either of you, you're "right" way might be dangerous and they might be trying to help. Not all criticism is meant to be mean and put people down.

Again, I don't know if any of this applies to your situation and I'm not trying to blame you, but just wanted to say it because so many people turn down good solid advice because they feel it doesn't apply to them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Haha I'd be all over her face and showing that it does work...