How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I found weening was the easiest approach for coffee. I used to be a 20oz triple-triple drinker, but I gradually cut back to get used to a less sweet/creamy coffee. I now drink 12oz with 2 cream/1 sugar which works out to about 140 calories, so roughly the same as a can of pop, just without the crazy sugar cravings afterward. I have one maybe 2-3 times a week now.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Black iced coffee. I think it's become an acquired taste. I used to take my coffee with skim milk and "extra sugar." Now I do plain black iced coffee and I actually really like it.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Used to load it up with lots of flavored creamer and splenda. I.e. I liked a little coffee with my creamer and sweetener.

Last year I started mixing it with chocolate whey protein powder and a splash of almond milk (blended well in my nutribullet), which doubled as my breakfast. Someone told me to stop drinking my protein powder for breakfast, to save it for after workouts, so I did.

Now I take it with 2 TBS of the Silk Almondmilk creamer in either Hazelnut or Caramel and one Splenda. It's only 30 cals for one cup this way, which I try to stick to per day. But some days I need 2 :)
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    keakels wrote: »
    I like all that stuff, too, but don't use anything processed any more. I love my new coffee, more - I use coconut milk (sweetened,) a dash of stevia, and I make this (this is a basic recipe that I tweak - also use the smoothie blender to mix it in with the coffee:) http://modernhippiehousewife.com/2015/11/08/coconut-oil-coffee-creamer/

Thank you for this. I think I'm gonna try and make a "chai" flavored creamer from this recipe.
  • KarenClineTardiff
    Options
    I love my coffee sweet and light, too. But it became more of a dessert drink than coffee! Try substituting vanilla almond milk for your creamer. And def just back down on the sugar. Even if you do it just one packet less per week. Give yourself some time to make adjustments then your tastebuds will adjust.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Half and half, and sweetened with stevia. That's how I like my English Breakfast tea, too. I've been drinking coffee for about 50 years, and have never liked it black. As someone above said, you have to decide where to spend your calories. Cream in my coffee is not something I'm going to compromise on.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    No sugar, just a splash of lite milk. I used to take sugar in my tea and my coffee, but I have dropped that. The milk is staying though.
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use Cashew Milk. It's pretty creamy and only 25 calories per cup.
  • MARILYNENA
    MARILYNENA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I usually take my 10-16 ounce cups of coffee with an ounce of 2 % milk or 2 tbs of flavored creamer and a 2 packets of stevia. Each cup is about 15-30 calories this way.
  • powercycle
    powercycle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    With sugar or plain black. I've never liked coffee with dairy.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee how I like my men; Strong and Irish.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    3-4 shots espresso in 3/4-1 cup of steamed whole milk. Sweet and fluffy with a bitter edge. I have 1-2 a day and i don't mind spending my calories there.
  • kalina1711
    kalina1711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always drink only black coffe but sometimes I really miss my mochiatto.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    1/4 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 packets of low cal sweetener, and cinnamon.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Black, black, black.
    Black as night.

I've been drinking it that way since I was in my late teens.

The only time I add a sweetener of some sort (sugar or other), is if the coffee is really bad. Think US hotel "complimentary breakfast" coffee. <<shudder>>

Or if I'm not feeling well and just need something to tone the coffee down a bit. Although usually in those cases, I switch to tea.
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    straight black
  • denisemcgee547
    denisemcgee547 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    love coffee of every kind, also taken a liking to chai tea has a nice cinnamon flavour, trying to cut the 1 sugar though
  • ArmyMedic2016
    ArmyMedic2016 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Black, nothing added
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    If it's hot, I drink it with just half & half. If it's iced, I like it with milk and 2 Splendas.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Again
    No matter how it is taken as long as it is not Coffee & Butter, AKA Bulletproof Coffee (butter coffee) :)

Cheers
    Roger