1200-1300 cals a day, looking for friends, inspiration, and recipes

Options
scrocke
scrocke Posts: 39 Member
edited October 2016 in Motivation and Support
As the title suggests, I have between 1200 and 1300 cals a day (trying to lose weight). It would be great to find people with similar goals and new ideas for mixing up my diet. Also, my diary is open if you just want to offer suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• titusmp
    titusmp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is me too. I have been doing this for 3 months, lost 15 lbs but stuck now. I took a week off but ready to jump back in. Motivation has been a challenge at month 3. Months 1 and 2 went really well.
  • jasimm109
    jasimm109 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar spot. I try to stay within a certain calorie range, and I'll do great for a few weeks. Then I'll give myself a cheat/treat day that turns into over eating and lasting at least a week. Maybe my food choices are to bland to keep me interested,any suggestion on how to keep it interesting would be great.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to hit 1300 cals a day. I'm not the best at keeping my diary up-to-date, particularly in the evenings or on weekends...But I think I've got some good stuff going for work days!
  • being_camille
    being_camille Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also aiming to be in the 1200/1300 range! I don't log my evening meals much as I have them w my husband or with friends and I tend to forget- but I'm a pretty healthy eater - plus a little chocolate a day to keep the cravings away- so I know my evening meals arnt too bad. ;)
  • Kitzy2016
    Kitzy2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm going for 1200 call a day.
  • EmPersson
    EmPersson Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I'm jumping back in to MFP after having been away for a few months. Got out my winter wardrobe recently and realized I have zero time to turn myself around before I don't fit my clothes anymore! You all say you're looking for recipes and inspiration. Tell me, what does your average day look like, meal-wise? What do you find yourself tired of eating more than others?
  • scrocke
    scrocke Posts: 39 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Breakfast has the most variety for me (depending on class schedule). Protein pancakes, plain yogurt with bulgur, and an apple, eggs. I feel like I am stuck in a lunch rut trying to get enough protein that is portable. Usually it is a salad with either tuna or eggs. Dinner is almost always eggs or chicken, and roasted veggies. No matter how I spice them differently it's still eggs or chicken with vegetables.
    My biggest challenges are time and portability (for lunch). I don't have a ton of time to devote to preparation. I love to cook, but am used to cooking without worrying about calories, so the change is more difficult than expected.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi! U can friend me! I usually stay anywhere from 1250-1350 calories per day and my diary is open
  • pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am going for 1200 calories a day, the struggle is real sometimes! Feel free to add me
  • jess427
    jess427 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    jasimm109 wrote: »
    I'm in a similar spot. I try to stay within a certain calorie range, and I'll do great for a few weeks. Then I'll give myself a cheat/treat day that turns into over eating and lasting at least a week. Maybe my food choices are to bland to keep me interested,any suggestion on how to keep it interesting would be great.

Exactly how this last week just went for me I had a cheat meal Saturday and just now feeling motivated to control my choicds again. I think the same maybe i get bored of my meals but idk what else to change to keep me going some days 1200 calories is ok and others it's way too little especially with how much I use to eat
  • lynalyei
    lynalyei Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can i join in?my biggest challenge is consistency with my calories and to be in this challenge will help me greatly with accountability.i want to eat up to 1300kcal.do we report here or something like that? i eat bf and lunch at work cantine and i am always very tempted to overeat and also cant weigh my food but this challenge will help me stick to more salads and plain foods.
  • connie_la
    connie_la Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - you can add me. I am joining MFP again today after about year and half absence. I gained 19 lbs and enthusiastic about losing these lbs.
  • lynalyei
    lynalyei Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    its amazing how i am accurate with my logging today.thanks to this challenge.i have of oats and apple for dinner.
    connie_la wrote: »
    Hi - you can add me. I am joining MFP again today after about year and half absence. I gained 19 lbs and enthusiastic about losing these lbs.
    welcome connie_la
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I try to stay between 1200 - 1500 calories each day. I don't eat back any "exercise" calories. Feel free to add me. I have an open diary to my friends (might even be open to the public - i'm not sure). I don't work out anywhere near like I used to - but I am hoping to find some motivation to get back on track with that.
  • chasady31
    chasady31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am aiming for 1200 calories a day. I have started this journey on Monday.
  • iwtbh3
    iwtbh3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also aiming for 1200-1400 calories a day for weight loss but I need help with recipie/food ideas, I'd love to have some accountability friends!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I have added a few of you if you don't mind? I am in the 1200 calories a day too. Not too daunting.......yet.....LOL
  • mairesile
    mairesile Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • MrsWilson110418
    MrsWilson110418 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 too. Please feel free to add me, I need friends on here!
  • DawnSober
    DawnSober Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1200 a day. Lost 42 pounds. On last ten....for over a year and a half! Lost my mind with traveling and eating this last week. Diary closed at the moment but will be reopening very soon.