Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 That salad looks delicious! And that sounds like a steal for fresh apples. Let us know how everything turns out

@wishfuljune I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better. The job hunt is such a mind*kitten*!

@jdelaroy Awesome challenge! Do you guys get prizes for when you complete the tasks? Can you sub in wall pushups or incline pushups?

I decided to skip class last night and go for a 2 hour walk with my dog instead. The weather was gorgeous and being outdoors with the dog and good podcast refreshed my soul.

I have this fear that if I don't work out intensely then the weight is going to pile back on and I will continue to gain. Rationally I know this is not the case. Moderate exercise and healthy eating are what regulate my weight, but I can't help the underlying fears associated with switching my physical activity and the looming holiday season.

I ignored the little voice in my head, listened to my body, and feel a million times better today as a result. My body is a reflection of my lifestyle and I'm proud to take part in a lot of different activities for enjoyment and not just for the calorie burn.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing ok - there were some ups and downs while I was off, but they are all sorted out it seems! thankfully!

We have such a great group here - love you all!! I've been around on MFP for a year now, I started Oct 8th last year, and I've had so much support and made great friends here. Thank you all!

I didn't really log this weekend, wanted to enjoy the Canadian Thanksgiving without feeling stressed about going over cals etc. I did really well, only had 2 glasses of wine, didn't over indulge on the dinner, ate healthy pretty much all weekend (minus left over pumpkin pie for breakfast yesterday! LOL). I exercised every day, and felt good - all in all it was a success because I weighed today and I am down a lb! WOO HOO!

So 3 down since I am back on track. 34 left to go. Hoping to lose 1 a week or around that average. Feeling positive, even though this morning on the news they said that this is the thinnest we will be this year, because people usually start gaining weight now until the end of the year, and it is average of 5-10 lbs!! Yikes! So I will definitely pay attention and not let things slide this fall, they already slid this summer! haha!

Hope everyone is getting in some good work outs today! It's a beautiful sunny day here! Nice and crisp, with blue skies. This is my favorite time of year!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune Glad to hear the BF is in a better frame of mind. A part time job is a great solution. I wish him luck.

@rachel0778 I completely understand that fear. It is good that you are able to realize it, and then you can logically control the fear. Some of it is probably good, will keep you on your toes, so you don't slide to far, but you need to be able to say no when your body needs a rest. I struggle with this part of it. Since I started this in June I have had 3 days where I have walked less than 10000 steps. I felt guilty all 3 days, but I needed the break.

Yes, there are prizes awarded. We get so many points for each task, we then get tickets based on points. There are 6 prizes a week drawn randomly from the tickets. I am hoping to win game tickets. But I would be happy with any of the prizes they are giving away. It is just an added bonus to the healthy benefits that I am getting from it.

@bluepoppies777 Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, and you did a great job keeping the balance. Congrats on the 1 pound loss. I love this group of people too, it is great to see you back here.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I made all my goals, completed each task for the 45 day challenge I am working on. Today I am in a pissy mood. so going to try to not eat my feelings, and let the grumpiness go. Wish me luck.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 You started off the holiday season so well, and you didn't even track! You're going to rock it this year! Also, congrats on your one year of logging!

@jdelaroy That challenge sounds like a lot of fun, I wish you the best on getting the prize you're after!

Roller derby last night was amazing. I was the only newbie who showed up, so it was basically a two hour personal training session! By the end of the practice, they had me doing plyometric 180 jump squats while roller skating. I didn't even know that was possible! I'm starting to feel a lot more confident about passing the test and making the team. If I stick with the training plan the next 8.5 weeks I'll hopefully be ready to go!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 - Congrats on your one year MFP anniversary, and for being diligent during the holiday season! You're going to crush it the rest of this year. :)

@jdelaroy - That sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with the challenge and I hope you get a good prize. I totally know what you mean. I'm tracking anytime I feel grumpy or bored and why that makes me want to eat food. I almost got a muffin (500+ calories) at work, but I didn't this morning because I told myself it's because I'm bored.

@Rachel0778 - Way to stick with it! That sounds really fun, and great job on doing 180 jump squats while skating!! I hope that you're able to make the team; it sounds like you're one of the few really dedicated, and you're making great progress so far!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm still here and am now officially a whiner. No have not been shopping yet for new jeans and a belt. Caught some sort of head cold Friday morning that is still hanging out. And to top it off I now have a kidney stone. So needless to say no gym. I came home from work early Monday took my drugs and tried to sleep. Sucked it up yesterday but the whole day I walked around w my fist in my back to get so relief. Finally got home to get drugged up again. Today it hurts but not as bad. I think I will take one more day off from gym. Don't want to giggle it around so it starts moving again. A trip to hospital is NOT in my future. I'll catch up w everyone tomorrow. HAPPY HUMP DAY.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Wow.. do I have some catching up to do!!! Just got back yesterday!! So proud of myself as I woke up and worked out this morning.. right back in to the routine!! I did pretty good eating on my trip as well... With the exception of a couple buffets! Yikes... they will get you every time!! I did skip the weigh-in this morning... just in case! I will get on it tomorrow!
    Had a fab vacation! Lots of sunshine, considering the hurricane! We had one day of gloom and actual lock down in the hotel, but with the help of friends and the fact that we just missed a conference day... it was all good! Would have been sad if it was one of my beach days scheduled!!!
    I read a quote the other day that said "Chin Up: This Is the Lightest You'll Weigh This Entire Year
    Once you gain those holiday pounds, it'll take about five months to lose them" I am going to prove that quote wrong!! Who's with me?! I hate when someone tries to tell me how it's going to be...
    Time for me to catch up reading! Hope all is well!!
  • JessicaT1299
    JessicaT1299 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "One workout at a time, One day at a time, One meal at a time." "Be patient, your body will reward you". My reminder for today.... :)

Feel free to add me, I need all the motivation I can get! Best of luck to you all!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Joy: Hope you had fun at the wedding and did enjoy that salad instead of high cal. aps! And we know you behaved yourself at the bar! LOL! ;) Sounds like a interesting Monday lady… so something I would do!! =) I am with you… always something… we just have to be good and enjoy the events… yes, over eat a little but change another couple days to help make up for it… squeeze in an extra workout… You got this!! Homemade pumpkin pie is amazing!!! I did that a few years ago, as my parents grow pumpkins too! Yummo!!! Way to go on the loss!! That’s so funny… you heard the same thing that motivated me!! This is not the thinnest I will be… they can not put me in that corner… =) You are so my sister.. we have to be related down the road somewhere! LOL!

Rachel: Nice on the 90 minutes of free personal trainer… score! Glad you enjoyed time with mom!! No regrets for a great weekend!! You rock girl… Love all your new challenges!! Meeting new people and putting yourself out there!!! So happy for you!! Don’t let the work get you down.. things happen and if you’re juggling that much it is bound to happen! Shake it off… you got this! Love your meme… you are awesome!! Sounds like you had a super fun weekend!! But yes… alcohol can bite back… ugh! I know you will get right back and into things… you are too busy not too!! Great job at roller derby… that’s awesome!

JenHul: I’m not looking forward to indoor walks… I love walking outside! =(

Gem: Great job at the gym! You are rocking it!!! Hope all your winter clothes are too small!! =) Awhhh! A new puppy!!! Jealous!!! Bring on the weekend…

Janetay: Sounds very busy! I have a very hard time falling back sleep after 4-5 as well.. Now that my hubby is working in Milwaukee his 4am alarm is going to suck! =( This morning I was worried he didn’t hear it so I laid there making sure he got up! Sounds like you had a great weekend!!

June: Your sea kayaking trip sounds amazing!!!! Acadia looks beautiful… on my list for vacation…. Sorry to hear about your BF’s job situation… I know with my sister-in-law it was depression that hit really… She had good intentions, but just was depressed and had a very hard time overcoming it! Sounds like it would be hard to get a job in that field not living in an area that it relates too. Hope things turn around for him!

Nicole: Hope you are doing better! Doesn’t sound like a fun… The volleyball season is wrapping up.. so sad to see it go… Great NSV… I would do the same thing!! Go out there and splurge!! =) You deserve it! Hope you are feeling better… New jeans will be in your future soon though! I had the head cold before we left for Florida! Yuck.. no fun! And a kidney stone on top… isn’t your lucky week… Hope you are up and running soon!

Jdelaroy: Where all did you travel in FL? I stayed in Orlando and traveled to Daytona Beach, St. Pete Beach and Clearwater Beach! Fun! Your trip sounds awesome!! I hate pushups… I suck at them! Great job with the challenge though! Fun idea! Great job keeping on task! And go out there and win some fun stuff!!

Jessica: Welcome!! Post often!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Gem: a new puppy! My last pooch was a husky shepherd with one blue eye and one brown. She was awesome. Now we have a love sponge, golden retriever who thinks she is a lap dog! I love dogs!
    Shy: yes we are twins for sure! I heard that on the news and thought no effing way am I going to gain 5-10 this fall! So I'm on a mission to lose 10 by New Years! Sounds like your trip was awesome besides the one day. Fun for you to get away!
    Nichole: i can't believe you have a kidney stone now! What else can go wrong this year?? Good grief girl, you need a break, and a vacation to Florida!! I hope things turn around fast for you and you feel better soon. Def take another day or two off!!
    Rachel: sounds like you are doing awesome at the roller derby stuff! Good for you! I have total faith that you will make that team, and I'm sure that it won't take that many months!! You are doing great!
    I better get to bed, did spin class after work and then walked the dog for over an hour over some big hills! I'm pooped. Spin and sculpt class tomorrow after work! Yikes!
  • being_camille
    being_camille Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I don't have as much to loose but I love encouraging one another to be healthy and love ourselves to reach our goals! (Big self love fan here!!) so encouragement is something I love to give and receive!! ❤️❤️❤️ also trying to cut down on sugar (big sweet toothe) and I don't believe in cutting out dessert! Haha- but I have found that baking healthy chocolate cookies (stevia and honey as the sweetener) really has let me have my dessert in the evenings but not the mega calories! Yay for healthy dessert
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @rachel0778 a 2 hour personal training session in roller derby sounds great. Be careful it is addicting. LOL I bet yu will be fantastic.

@ngolden3320 Whine away! Sometimes you need to. A cold and a kidney stone with a loss of gym time sounds like good reasons to me. I hope you feel better soon.

@shycush6 I am so happy you are safe and had an overall good vacation. Great job getting back in routine. It took me a few days after I got back. I am totally with you. I have a new goal for the end of the year. It is going to be a huge stretch, but even if I don't make it, I do not plan on gaining weight. My fat can BITE ME. It has been given its eviction notice, and its time is limited. We stayed with family in a small town just north of Tampa Bay. We visited Clear Water Beach. It was so beautiful, and all 3 of my kids fell in love with the beach.

@gemwolf110 Sounds like a great weekend. I had a husky when I was a teenager she was so mellow, and beautiful. I miss her.

@bluepoppies777 Welcome back, it is so great to see all the motivation you have. You are going to rock the rest of the year. I bet you make you 10 pound goal. Mine is 19.

@camille426 We love have new friends join us on this thread. Please share your chocolate cookies recipe!

I walked over 24000 steps yesterday. Most of it was pacing the house. I was aiming for 20000. I reached that goal, but the BF had more steps to make his goal, so I joined him in pacing the house. I also did 25 flights of stairs. I hate stairs so this is amazing to me.

This has not been a good week in the BF department. I have fought with him every single day since Monday. I feel like I am always walking on egg shells, and have just gotten sick of it. Apparently all I want to do is fight, and I make all the rules in the house. I wish I had known this, there would be some changes. Sigh, hopefully this passes soon. I see a bunch of walking in my future today.. Or a trip to Mom's house for the evening.

Anyways lets kick some butt today!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @jdelaroy 24000 steps is amazing! It sounds like you are funneling your relationship frustrations in a positive way. Some weeks they can be so frustrating! I hope you two are able to work things out quickly so things go back to normal

@camille426 Welcome! I'm a fellow dessert person who is all about body love, you've come to the right place!

@bluepoppies777 You are killing it in the exercise department. I bet that 10lbs is going to fly back off of you!

@ShyCush6 I'm so glad the hurricane didn't get in the way of your vacation! I agree that there's no reason we have to be a statistic. As long as we're mindful in the upcoming months we'll be off to a great start come new year!

@ngolden3320 You are allowed to whine as much as you want with a kidney stone, ouch! I hope it passes quickly, it stinks not being able to go to the gym

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the new puppy! I love puppy photos and would love to see one of your fur babies once she's home :) How many fur babies do you have?

@JessicaT1299 Welcome! Great quote, and a great reminder to get us through tough days

@wishfuljune great job avoiding that muffin and recognizing that you were about to eat your feelings instead of to fulfill hunger. That's something I still have to work on every day.

According to my landlord, the workers should be done working on my downstairs today so we can finally move our furniture back in! This has been a long 3 weeks post-flood, but it will be nice to have new flooring and professionally cleaned carpets so at least there's an upside. Plus now my significant other and I won't be living on top of each other navigating around our furniture in our upper floor. It was starting to really grate on him and he was starting to get pretty crabby! I hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

• ShyCush6
    Options
    Joy: I love golden retrievers…and huskies… I think our next dog will be a golden… Great job on spin class!!!

Camille: Yay! Welcome aboard! Please post often! And you can share that cookie recipe anytime! =)

Jdelaroy: I’m with you there… This fat can kiss my kitten bye bye! My daughter loves the beach as well but she did not go with us since she had homecoming and didn’t want to miss it…soooo we put her picture on a stick and took her with… she has lots of pictures at the beach! =) LOL! It was a great conversation item! Way to go on your steps yesterday!! Rock on!! Hope the BF front gets better… we all have those days!

Rachel: Glad your downstairs will be fixed! That is hard when you are living on top of each other and your stuff is not where you want it to be! Hope you didn’t lose too much in the flooding.

Well, today I was not as good at getting up and exercising! I'm working a longer day today and then off to volleyball tonight... I think I will leave v-ball right after Lexi's game and skip the varsity game so I can get home and do the elliptical. It's better than nothing! I cooked a lasagna last night so it will be good for warming up for dinner... Bad at snacking today though... Ugh!! I will beat it!!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    I read a quote the other day that said "Chin Up: This Is the Lightest You'll Weigh This Entire Year
    Once you gain those holiday pounds, it'll take about five months to lose them" I am going to prove that quote wrong!! Who's with me?! I hate when someone tries to tell me how it's going to be...
    Time for me to catch up reading! Hope all is well!!

I'm with you. I may be boycotting Thanksgiving this year anyway and rarely have much holiday spirit...so it is not going to be that way for me, either! Apparently I have a different kind of spirit!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @rachel0778 Woo hoo for new flooring. I am glad it will be done soon. Living with chaos is very stressful.

@ShyCush6 Way to make a plan, hopefully you made the elliptical.

@gemwolf110 Those are some beautiful pups.

@melaniedscott Well if you boycott Thanksgiving send me your pie! LOL, Don't do that, then I would feel obligated to eat it.

Yesterday, was a weird day, I ate a whole bunch of crap, but did a lot of walking. So somehow I made it under my calories. I am counting that as a win. I didn't feel good yesterday so I didn't make dinner. BF brought home pizza including a smore pizza. I really wanted a second piece, but I said no. It is still sitting on my counter calling my name. Also, I ran out of oatmeal at work. I was going to boil some eggs to bring with me, but I was behind schedule this morning. Decided to stop by McDonald's on the way to work. They were closed... The one by my old house was 24 hours. So now I am at work with nothing for breakfast but dry cereal. :(
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @ShyCush6 - Way to go! Hope you made the elliptical last night. :)

@gemwolf110 - They are so beautiful and fluffy!! I love that photo of your puppy. :)

@melaniedscott - I agree! Let's tell that quote it's wrong and that we can continue to lose weight this year!!

@jdelaroy - That's definitely a win! Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well yesterday. I hope that you feel better today! At least it's Friday!!

My sisters are coming to visit this weekend, so I'll have to try and make some good, healthy decisions, when we go out to dinner/brunch this weekend. There's this amazing pumpkin display that happens in the zoo, so my boyfriend and I are going to take them to see that.

The BF and I are getting a "free" training session with a personal trainer today in our gym. He saw us doing standing military press and suggested that we do seated military press (my shoulders definitely feel it today), and then asked us if we were doing personal training. We said no because it's too expensive in our gym, but he said he'd squeeze in a free session and then see if we can do a discount of a "buy 1, get 1 free" kind of deal if my BF and I workout together.

This may sound weird, but I'm strangely proud of the program I've put together for my boyfriend and me, so I'm not sure I want to give that up. We'll see how this goes today. Our program is lifting 5 days a week, spin class 1 day a week, and I do yoga 1 day a week.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @gemwolf110 My heart is melting, they are soooo cute! And she's so tiny!

@ShyCush6 Were you able to fit the elliptical in amidst the craziness? Luckily nothing was lost in the flood. Our neighbor woke us up at 1am so we were able to move the furniture in time

@jdelaroy I've never seen a McDonalds closed, bummer! Is there at least a vending machine that you can grab peanuts from or something with a bit more staying power to get you through the day?

@wishfuljune It sounds like you've done a great job being your own personal trainer! Who knows, maybe he'll have some tips you can integrate into your current plan?

I got the news last night my dad is unexpectedly coming into town Thanksgiving week, so now I'm trying to juggle my Mom, my Dad, and my in-laws across 3 states all within a week. Sadly that was the only time I could request off work so we're going to have to make it work, but I'm exhausted just thinking about it. So much for a calm holiday season this year!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
  • redwolfpack04
    redwolfpack04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just happened upon this Feed and you all sound so friendly I thought I would try this out! I am Just starting on this Road to Healthy living and I got to say its not all Rainbows and Sunshine. HA!. I have about 40 lbs to lose so we shall see how this goes. I think being in a group like this will really help me to keep motivated. I already have motivation at home but this will keep me logging in and updating my food diary. I hope it also helps me motivate myself to work out too. Look forward to all the comments and I hope I can help be a motivator for some of you as well!