Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! Sorry I have been MIA in the last week - life has been crazytown, not even in a good way! my family was all sick (thankfully I didn't get it), work was bananas, company and events, and just life in general. I'm happy that fall is here and to have a routine, but I am driving around everywhere for soccer, swimming, volleyball etc!
    Also I was feeling really down the last week because I weighed myself and I am up TEN lbs since my lowest. WTF!!!??? So I had a pity party on the weekend and on Monday I started logging again. I've noticed that my friends and coworkers are all talking about how they have gained too, so we're all in it together. I think a lot of my eating is stress eating - It's not easy having my 21 year old son living at home. Have had some roller coaster bumpy rides the last week or so, and I think I just deal with it by eating... mostly carbs!!! GAH!

Stewratz - welcome to the group! I sent you a friend request. I live above you in British Columbia! I love Seattle, my brother used to live there so I've spent lots of time there. I also love craft beer (but mostly wine), and I have 35 lbs to lose. STILL. haha!

June - I laughed when I read champage is really just air. HA! Love that. You've been doing great with your weight loss, keep it up!

Jen - 3.2 lbs is awesome! Good job! Or "swasome" (sweet + awesome) as my 9 year old likes to say. :)

Rachel - floods SUCK BALLZ! We had one a few summers ago, had to replace all flooring downstairs and some of the drywall. It's a big job, hopefully your insurance co is taking charge of it. and boo about your class being cancelled, what a bummer! at least you have roller derby. maybe pole dancing will be the weekly thing instead? I'm sure I would fall on my head/*kitten* if I ever tried pole dancing. I would probably win America's funniest home videos on that one!

Nic - happy belated birthday, even though it wasn't a good one. Hopefully time will heal your grief more, even if it will never be gone. Hopefully you can focus on good memories and things will settle down with everything else. Thinking about you!

Who ever mentioned the crock pot thread, I'm going to have to check that out. I love mine! Will be nice to find some new recipes to try.

Hope everyone has a good day! I'm working 7:30am- 8pm today, so I'm having a rest day. Did a pound class (drum sticks) on Monday, and cardio yesterday. Will get back to the gym tomorrow!
  • BReallyYou
    BReallyYou Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looking for new friends and accountability. Add me and I'll add you.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @BReallyYou, @roblesl65 and @chamberlainsamantha46 - welcome :)

Joy - welcome back, we were concerned about you! Sorry to hear about all the ill health - well done for avoiding it so far. I sympathise on the 'pity party' and stress eating - it is so easy to do and it can't be easy having your 21 year old back when you'd got used to him not being around. Good luck getting back on the horse and don't forget we are here to support you :)

Jen - you may have gone by now, have a great holiday! And well done for hitting your goal :smiley:

@wishfuljune - welcome to a fellow bottomless pit! I don't know what has happened to me in the past week but I don't like it - I'm eating everything in sight!

Rachel - that's not good news about your gym - at least you've got a few other things to possibly take it's place though - hope roller derby works out for you.

Nicole - sorry to hear you had such a tough time over your birthday. What a lovely gift from Jenna though - even if it did cause more tears - and well done on the loss. Take your time and take care of yourself - you've had a very hard year.

Not much happening here - husband is out on a community day with work - clearing some allotments apparently! He's so not the gardening type, it makes me laugh - hopefully he'll get through it in one piece! I'm sat at home trying to get some work done and trying not to eat us out of house and home - not sure what has got into me this week! But on the plus side, I have tomorrow off - woohoo! I've got a great long list of things I want to get done - let's see how many I strike off the list. Have a good day everyone.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    @health_guard - that looks so delicious! And it must have felt great just grabbing it this morning without having to worry about prepping something or running out for something. :)

@BReallyYou - welcome!

@janetay01 - That sounds like a fun day for your husband! Good luck with your bottomless tummy too. I'm going to keep mine in check today!

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I was able to go to REI last night and get a pair of water shoes. They are from NRS and they are paddle shoes. They let the water in, but the neoprene (wetsuit material) will "warm" up the water. They also have good solid grips on the feet, and they zip up a little past my ankle, so I think I'll be all set for Saturday's sunset kayak tour in the ocean. :)

We also did a shopping spree at LL Bean last night. That place is amazing. I got a fleece zipup, a flannel shirt that's so ridiculously soft, and some trail hiking pants. When I started my fitness journey, I was a US size 16/14. I'm now a comfortable with some wiggle room US size 12, or a tight US size 10 (If I squeeze in my belly, I can zip them all the way up and they are snug).

The BF and I are hosting game night tonight with some friends right after work. We're going to be cooking some mini apple crisp bites and making our own whipped cream! I think my friends are bringing pizza so not a super healthy evening, but that's okay. We're going to get all of our packing done before they get here though.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy I hope you have a great time on vacation! I look forward to hearing all bout it

@wishfuljune Sounds like a fun night tonight, those apple crisp bites sound amazing! Congrats on the NSV with the size 10s, that's fantastic!

@health_guard Those overnight oats look delicious! I might have to start making those again too. Great job on the loss! Sadly I live in a small(er) community so my options are limited, but hopefully something new sticks!

@janetay01 I hope you have a great day off, I'm super jealous!

@BReallyYou and @chamberlains Welcome!

I had my second pole dancing class last night in combination with my noon-time yoga. I usually consider them both more relaxing classes since I'm not dripping with sweat after, but I'm definitely sore today! My abs and shoulders got one heck of a workout! Tonight is my last night of boxing...I'm going to miss it but I'm feeling much better about the change this morning after a good night's sleep. It just means new opportunities, right?

• BReallyYou
    BReallyYou Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 Thank you! What awesome fun workouts!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Sorry... I've been super swamped... Work is killing me trying to work ahead for my trip next week, between being sick, volleyball, packing, laundry, work and getting someone ready for homecoming... I am swimming... yes I got some gym time in as well! Yay!!! I've read some posts and need to catch up but hope all is well! I'm off on vacation starting next week so hopefully you will hear more from me after Oct. 11th!! Keep going strong and I will try to check in again before I leave!
  • Playball549
    Playball549 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love MFP! I love my friends who motivate me and keep me on track. Looking to pay it forward to help motivate some new friends. Anyone feel free to send me a friend request!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Missy, those overnight oats look awesome! Just what a needed - a new idea for breakfast tomorrow. I have been eating oatmeal at my desk, but I am so bored of it. I'm going to try that one with peanut butter in it! Thank you! and great job on the loss! you are doing great.

June, that kayaking sounds so awesome! Glad you got the shoes so you can enjoy it. I'm going to have to look up the mini apple crisp bites, never heard of that, but it's right up my alley!

Jane - enjoy your day off tomorrow. I need a mental health day myself (call in sick when you aren't - LOL). But I will drag myself into work tomorrow... it will be Friday, I can handle one more day!

This weekend I have my coworker's wedding on Saturday. she is doing an appy thing instead of a sit down dinner. I'm a bit worried about high calorie appy's so my hubs and I decided to go to one of our fav restaurants in between the ceremony and reception (we have a few hours) and I am going to order my fav salad that has chicken and avocado in it. There is a $2 per drink bar, so I'll try to behave myself! HA!

hope everyone had a great day today - I'm off to the gym!!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @ShyCush6 I hope you have a great vacation!

Welcome @Playball549!

@bluepoppies777 I love your idea of getting real food so you don't have to worry about the aps. And it's still a treat since it's one of your favorite restaurants! ($2 a drink is a steal lol, good luck!)

Happy Friday!!! My heart has just not been into work this week, so I'm excited for the weekend so I can refresh and start Monday fresh. Last night I went to my last kickboxing class...and I was the only one who showed up. Apparently everyone else already jumped ship. On the bright side I basically got 90 minutes of free personal training so that was an unexpected bonus! Tomorrow I'm going to go back to BodyPump in the AM to still get a weekend workout in. It's not as fun as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but it'll get the job done. My Mom is in town so at least I'll have someone to come with me.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    usvkrys4gdgu.jpg

Happy Meme Friday!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Rachel, that is funny that no one else showed up to the class! That's awesome for it to turn into a 1:1!! Have fun with your mom this weekend!

I tried those peanut butter overnight oats this morning, and they were good! I haven't done overnight oats before, will have to check out more recipes on pinterest.

I did go to the gym yesterday after work, but i forgot to log it. Dangit! I have to get back into the habit of logging!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!!! :)
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Morning everyone! I'm going to be a bit crazy at work this week (the FAFSA opened up this weekend for next year for all you parents out there with college aged kids) so I apologize for not being around much!

I ate like crap and drank my way through most of this weekend, but I honestly have no regrets. It was a fantastic weekend with my SO and my Mom and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

In other news, I went to Body Pump for the first time in over 6 months on Saturday, and it STILL hurts today. Holy DOMS!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Brrr it's starting to get cold outside, gonna have to go and find all my winter gear! Will have to move my walks from outside to the treadmill soon ;) Have a great Monday everyone
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Happy Monday!! My weekend was shot food and drink wise (thanks to the wedding I went to), but it was fun! I'm feeling really motivated today because my clothes are getting tight! Yikessss! So logging and pre logging stuff!!
    Yes it is getting chilly out now that we are into October! But I like fall the best so I am happy!
    Woke up totally tired from the weekend, and maybe the weather. Biked to work, was talking to all my coworkers... a while later I go to the bathroom to get changed and realize I'm not wearing any makeup!! Lmao! Scared myself! Was getting changed and realized I forgot my bra!!!! So I'm wearing a sports bra under my work clothes, so classy. Haha! Also forgot my glasses that I need for extended computer work, and my purse.... such a great start to the week! Called my 21 yo and he brought make up and glasses... didn't ask for a bra, didn't want to traumatize him!!
    At least I biked, and at least I brought a healthy lunch! But man, I feel like I could go back home and go to bed and just wait for tomorrow!!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @JenHul I was just thinking that too, but yesterday ended up being 80 degrees so I'm hoping I still have time!

@health_guard congrats on the workout and maintaining!!

@bluepoppies777 That is hilarious! You were definitely having a case of the "Mondays". Thank goodness sports bras are discreet

I had my first training session with my new team last night and it was a lot of fun! They use the gi (white martial arts uniform) so that will take some getting used to. Tonight is my first Roller Derby practice. I'm loving all the new exciting fitness changes in my life and I'm looking forward to all the new connections it will hopefully bring.
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Rachel that is an awesome attitude about your new fitness changes! Good for you! And yes, hopefully it will bring some new friendships and fun things like mud runs etc together.
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Oh crap, it cut off the rest of my post!!! Grrr!
    I'm happy to report that I have the right bra on today, make up is on, and I have my glasses and my purse! Glad Monday is behind me! Lol!
    This weekend is Canadian thanksgiving, and I cooking the big turkey dinner. Obviously I am going to try to keep the dishes as healthy as possible! But does anyone else feel like as soon as they try to recommit to their diet and health, events or dinners come up and you can get derailed so fast? I just need a period of time where it isn't a holiday or someone's birthday or an event, because my will power is so low!! I just lose it and eat too much!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Morning all and sorry for my silence/absence over the last few days - when did life get to be so busy?!

Joy - your Monday made me smile, we've all had days where we just want to go back to bed and give up on the day! Good luck with the Thanksgiving meal - I know exactly what you mean about recommiting and then something throwing me off track - and likewise, my will power is so low it's virtually non existent at the moment. No wonder I bounce cheerfully around losing and gaining the same 2-3lbs!

Rachel - glad you are enjoying all your new activities, hopefully they will bring the new connections that you are after as well.

@health_guard - I feel you on the three day weekend. I had last Friday off so had a lovely three days, got loads done - and then back to work (and earth) with a bang! E-mails to catch up on, work to be done - and back to not having the time that I want and need for me and my family.

Well, I've had a manic busy few days - we have a new computer system at work which isn't working as it should. So customer enquiries and complaints are building and it's all hands to the pump at the moment. So I've spent the last two days working with various customer support teams to help out - barely had time to stop and think. And Alistair is currently waking up between 4am and 5am each morning - I can generally get him back to sleep but getting myself back to sleep is a bigger challenge at that time of day. Spent some time over the weekend building two new IKEA filing cabinets for my home office to go with my new desk - now to start sorrtng the office out. So excited to finally be doing the room properly - we haven't touched it since we moved into the house 3 1/2 years ago and it really needs some TLC!