Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Oops I forgot my update. Last night I was had by the Twinkies. I hadn't had any in years. The BF bought them to give one to the dog for his birthday (Weird family tradition thing) Needless to say I couldn't say no to Twinkies. I had two :( . I did say not right now to the Snickers bar the BF brought home for me. It is sitting in my freezer. Now it will be too cold to take more than a bite or two.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @health_guard It must have been the night for tough workout classes, my instructor kicked our butts too

@jdelaroy At least you counted them and it didn't lead to a free for all, that's a win!

I have my first pole dancing class tonight. I'm such an uncoordinated mess it's going to be hilarious but hopefully I meet some cool new people in the community!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Janetay: Thanks Hon! Atleast I am not the only one!

Jdelaroy: You are fortunate! I like most of them but the one just overpowers them all and sends me over the edge! Hope TOM is nice to you this month… Great job being down!! Those damn twinkies… I haven’t had one in years either are they as good as they were 30 years ago as a kid? =)

Health_guard: I guess we all have that one co-worker! =) I like a good mix of frosting and cake! Great job with zumba and eating!! Keep it up!

Stewatz: Welcome!!

Rachel: Way to make good choices!! Inspiring to all of us that grabbed a donut at the office this morning… <- That’s me! =( Hope the pole dance class went great!! Meeting new people… =) Fun!

Well, this has been a bad week for me… I knew it would be going into it… Monday was busy with getting Lexi to school in the morning, so I missed that workout, then working until 5 and picking her up by 5:30, didn’t leave me much time either… We had to make a treat for work on Tuesday and I’m having a party so cleaning the house and getting food prepped… Tuesday, getting Lexi to school again… then she had an away volleyball game so that took my night. I did pretty good on eating despite the treat day! Damn brownies! Yum! This morning, ran her to school and had to get to work early, big project started yesterday so I was swamped… Working ate today… On my birthday at that! Hubby wants to take me out tonight but I have so much to get ready for the party still to do! Yikes! Tomorrow I have a volleyball and that will consume most of the night, meeting my girlfriends for cocktails after that and then heading to a craft fair bright and early on Friday, it’s 2 hours away! So Friday night I might get a little time for preparing for the party but not much and everyone will be here Sat. morning! I did not plan my week very well… did not leave much time for exercise! Plus we have had horrible storms, so my entire yard needs to be cleaned up… one thing I was not prepared to do on top of everything else! Ugh! Hope you all are eating healthy and making up for me this week!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Shy - wow, I felt tired just reading about your week - on the plus side, you may not be getting a formal workout but you are certainly keeping moving naturally. Happy Birthday for yesterday!

Rachel - hope the pole dancing class went well and that you met some nice people there.

Jen - good work avoiding the Snickers bar. Not sure I've ever had a twinkie - don't know that they have found their way over to this side of the water. Given all the comments about them, it may be just as well :smiley: Well done on a great loss - you are doing so well.

@stewratz - welcome to the thread!

@wishfuljune - that's a good point about listening to podcasts/music etc. I used to plug my headphones in at work as I have a particularly loud woman on the team and it used to work well to drown her out a bit! Might go back to doing that and avoid all the distractions around me.

@health_guard - too much talk about cupcakes - yum!

Well, after two awful nights, I finally got a decent nights sleep last night and I'm feeling a little more human as a result. And my husband appeared to have a breakthrough at work yesterday about what he should or shouldn't be doing - basically, i think he's been trying to do too much and get too involved rather than managing what all those around him need to be doing. So he's feeling a bit more chipper about life which is good!

Working from home today and tomorrow and trying to make some plans for what to do on Sunday. Saturdays tend to take care of themselves with food shopping and swimming with Alistair in the afternoon but Sundays are a bit harder and not having anything to do/anywhere to go tends to lead to a bored toddler - and a bored toddler is soon up to no good! Have a good day all!
  • nahid101
    nahid101 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i would love to join your group
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @ShyCush6 Wow! You are busy busy busy this week. Yes the Twinkies were damn good. (Had another one last night) Happy belated birthday. Can you have Lexi or Hubby help out with the yard work? Sometimes stressful weeks happen. Maybe try to go for a light walk at lunch? Help clear some of the stress and retain your sanity! Either way, just do the best you can with what you can.

@janetay01 So glad you got some much needed sleep, and Hubby is feeling better. That in itself has to relieve a lot of stress in the house. You don't want to eat a Twinkie. They are cream filled yellow cake, calorie laden deliciousness with no redeeming health value whatsoever. However, they do make you smile when you eat them. LOL Take your son to feed the ducks on Sunday. That was the first thing that popped into my head for some reason.

@nahid101 Hop on in. Just post what is going right, not going right, encourage the others!

@health_guard Sounds like it will be crazy busy. Hope you are able to use your day off to do some meal/snack planning, and do a little rest too. Way to be proactive on those upcoming problems.

@rachel0778 I am so excited to hear how pole dancing class went! Please share soon.

I am not winning the calorie war this week. Damn Twinkies. I think we have two left. Hopefully, the BF eats them. I had planned a healthy stir fry dinner last night, so had a heavier lunch. Well I forgot to take the chicken out. So that was out. (No one else would have eaten it without the chicken) Sigh. We had leftovers, which were yummy, but twice the amount of calories I had planned on.

Tonight is parent teacher conferences for the younger two kids. I am always excited and nervous to do these. I am pretty sure they will go well. None of the teachers have mentioned any problems.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Morning, still very busy with football here! Having a hard time with late suppers, by the time I get home from work, get kids to football, then have to come home a make supper......well some nite's I cheat, like last nite it was Burger King that did the cooking after Jessica's game :neutral: I need to plan out meals and put in crock pot, I just need to find time to plan, prepare and have meals ready to put into crockpot :wink:
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - how was the pole dancing class?! I hear those classes are quite the workout!

@health_guard - I hope you enjoyed your day off! While OT is nice (especially if you know you're going to have to replace some very expensive things) sometimes, having a day off is a great mental break. Crockpot recipes are the best! You can just pop everything in, leave it and go to work, and when you come back, your house smells amazing, like someone has spent all day slaving over a meal for you. :D

@ShyCush6 - Happy belated birthday!

@janetay01 - I'm glad to hear you finally got a good night's sleep, and that your husband is in a much better mood!

@nahid101 - welcome! :)

@JenHul - wow, sounds like a super busy schedule!! if you need suggestions for crockpot recipes, Skinnytaste has some of the best my boyfriend and I have ever had. Her chili recipes alone are delicious.

Last night was spin class for me. Our spin instructor complimented us on our form: she says we are doing a lot better. We're also the only frequent faces in her Wednesday class, so she's been upping the intensity in our spin classes. We did 4 counts yesterday alternating between 2nd position and 3rd position at a heavy level, and my quads, butt, and core are feeling it today.

Tonight is legs day (yay squats!), and then tomorrow is shoulders and arms. Saturday will be a much-needed rest day (and carb loading day) because Sunday my boyfriend and I will be running the Color Run in the morning. I haven't been training for it like I did for my first 5K, but my boyfriend and I think it'll be okay overall. We've been doing HIIT cardio, weightlifting, and spin, so what's a measly 3.1 miles? :P I've also lost at least 5lb of fat since my first 5K that I did in June, so we'll see. I'd love to do it in under 40 minutes.

And tomorrow is my official weigh-in, but I had to do a sneak peek today...

SW: 207lb
    CW: 177.3lb (-1.5lb since last week!)
    GW: 150lb

I really think this counting macros thing is working out for me. It's finally helped me get over my plateau, and I'm way more diligent in weighing my food.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This year can not end soon enough for me. I'm in a really dark place right now. Missing my dad. Worrying about my mom and sister. Having major financial trouble. Jenna and boyfriend r taking a break. And she has been so down. Told me today she is wanting to join military to b a nurse. I think she is just running away. Scared to death. This world sucks. Haven't ate much and made it to gym twice so far this wk. can't go tonight as Cassidy has a volleyball game and then cheers. For some reason they decide Thursday was a good night for a Friday night game. WTH. Late night tonight :'(:#
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    And to top it off next Tuesday is my birthday and I really need my dad.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @ngolden3320 I am so sorry you are hurting/stressing having a crappy time right now. I had a couple of years in the past. I just wanted to bury my head and sleep forever (not dying, literally sleep) Now is the time to do something nice for you. Did you and your dad have any special traditions, or something that just the two of you did? If you did, maybe doing that by yourself, will help you remember the special times, or passing the tradition down to your kids? I haven't lost anyone super close to me (knock on wood) so I know I can only imagine what you are going through. Either way, love, prayers and good vibes coming your way.

You are such a great mom! I don't know how you keep up with all the activities they are in.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @jenhul There is a great Crock pot thread in the recipe area that is going on. There are a lot of quick, easy and healthy recipes on there.
  • JenHul
    Options
    @ngolden3320 sending hugs to you
  • JenHul
    Options
    @jdelaroy & @wishfuljune thanx ladies for the crockpot info!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @ngolden3320 I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. Holidays after losing a loved one is the worst :(

@JenHul If I didn't meal prep on Sunday it would never happen. There's a website called Once A Month Moms that has great quick prep recipes

@ShyCush6 That's a rough schedule! Can you do anything over the lunch break?

@jdelaroy How did conferences go?

@nahid101 Welcome

@health_guard 7 days straight sounds brutal. I understand the power if overtime though!

@wishfuljune You've been rocking it at the gym lately. Let us know how the 10K goes
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    So we had torrential rains last night and the entire lower level of my house is once again flooded. Thanks to a neighbor who rang our doorbell at 1am we were able to save our stuff but today were stuck taking off work and cleaning up the mess to make the place livable until the floors are all replaced :(

In better news, pole dancing was a lot of fun. It's something people of all body types can do (and I am not at all coordinated either!) so if you're at all interested I definitely recommend finding a class
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the hugs and well wishes. I really need them right now. :'(:)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Janetay: Thanks!! Glad you are feeling better! I won’t be on tomorrow, so have a great weekend and hope you find something fun to do Sunday!
    Health_guard: I feel your pain, we just got a new furnace, air conditioner & water heater… ugh! Sorry you have OT but like you said you will save up that way!
    Jdelaroy: Yes.. hubby helped a lot on the yard work so hopefully the rains stop and we can finish it up… Lexi is in charge of cleaning her room and making desserts! Plus helping me clean up the house overall! But slowly I am ticking away at it! Made a list and everyone if chipping in to tick them off! Hope the parent teacher conferences went great! =)
    JenHul: I am with you… those late night meals are a kicker! I was thinking the same thing about the crock pot!
    June: Thanks! I would love a spin class!
    Nicole: Sorry Nicole… Wish there was something that could help, but I know it all just piles on, one after another… Hope you can climb up and have a good birthday! Thinking of you!

Last night was a bust… bad meal… well yummy but bad for me… Did not get my exercise in but I was on my feet until late so I guess that counts for something… I wasn’t sitting on the couch watching tv. Hope you all have a great weekend!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Shy - hope the party goes well - have fun!

Rachel - sorry to hear about the flooding - such a horrible thing to have to deal with. Hope you aren't having to repair too much damage.

Nicole - so sorry you are having such a difficult time. I can't imagine how you must be feeling having lost someone that you clearly loved (and still do) so much - sending virtual hugs your way.

@wishfuljune - great loss :). Let us know how you get on with the colour run!

Jen - good thought about the ducks. The village pond near my parents has ducks and moorhens so we shall go and feed the ducks, run around on the village green and then invade my parents for cups of tea I think :smiley:

Thank heavens it's Friday - it's been a long time coming this week. Fairly standard weekend coming up - though my husband needs to find some wellington boots as he's doing a community gardening thing with work next week - hilarious, he is so not a gardener!! But we've got a babysitter tomorrow night so that we can go over to a friend for a 'curry and movie night' - home made curry and Catptain America - Civil War - so looking forward to it!

Have a lovely weekend all!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    zr4d20eqev3v.jpg

This is me today. Happy Meme Friday everyone! I am going to celebrate making it through this week with wine...lots of wine.