Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Jdelaroy: So curious… what is your name… I like to go by names as much as I can. Not that I can remember all of them! =) I’m Shyanne… aka Shy. I had another slice of pie last night… =( Ugh!

Rachel: I am going to be lost!! Yikes! I am having a hard time with the no plan thing!! =)

JenHul: Enjoy the football! How fun! Enjoy it before they grow up… Lexi is a freshman and I dread the days when she is done with school and sports!

Janetay: Sounds like a rough night… Hope today is much better! Enjoy your weekend!! =)

June: Plateaus suck! It’s a lot about mixing things up for me… Switching things around… I tried the eating every few hours, smaller meals the last one I had and it seemed to mess my body up enough to restart it…

Hey ladies… so I finally got up early and went to the gym before work… If I don’t just hit it… I’m never going to spark myself into motivation!! I made up a chart for my own situp and pushup challenge, along with goals for weekly weighing and water consumption… Maybe a sheet staring me in the face everyday will spark something! Hit my goal of calorie burn today.. then ruined it with a cronut… have you had one of these? I highly recommend not trying one!! Holy yummo! It’s croissant-doughnut pastry….Lethal! No plans still for the weekend… kind of disappoints me… I am a planner and love staying active. Plans to hit the gym for sure!! Watching my neighbors puppy Sat night and hopefully getting stuff ready for my big cousin's reunion in two weeks at my house! Then planning for our trip to Florida next month... Time to start getting ready for that as well!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ❤️ cronuts. But that's half my problem lol.
  • Roadturn
    Roadturn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I first found MyFitnessPal over 4 years ago. I've lost one pound to date :smile: This time around, I'm taking caloric intake seriously. I used to think it's all about the exercise. Not so. I am what I eat!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune - good to see you back :). I agree with @health_guard about mixing up the exercise a bit - I'm no expert but I do think that mixing it up helps as I find my body settles if I do the same thing for too long. I do hear you on the plateaus - I think I'm stuck on one at the moment and it is tough to get out. I'm very guilty recently of 'eyeballing' my food on the basis that it will be 'close enough' - and I don't think it is!

Shy - good for you for getting to the gym. It is so easy to just not bother and I find that not doing it becomes a habit. I've never had a cronut before - they sound delicious if dangerous, I probably shouldn't have one!

@Roadturn - welcome!

Tell me folks, how does Monday come round so fast every time?? We had a lovely weekend but they go so quickly and before I know it, it's Monday morning again and I'm sat at my desk contemplating the week. Swimming with Alistair on Saturday then spent yesterday afternoon visiting my parents - Alistair is at the age where he is starting to create his own games with us and it is fascinating watching (and joining in) and seeing what kind of things he wants to do - good fun! Not much else going on - hope the day is good to us all.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune Being stuck is no fun. Have you considered that since you are doing weight training, you might not be able to lose weight as you are building muscle? Either way hang in there, you are doing fantastic.

@ShyCush6 My name is Jennifer, or Jen either is fine with me. Sounds like you have a busy few weeks.

@janetay01 My weekends disappear too, I never seem to know where they went. My BF accuses me of stealing his time...

I had a busy weekend, for one that was supposed to be an easy one. Went to a parade, mowed someones lawn for them, grocery shopping, flea market and laundry. Then a nap on the couch. :)

• JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Lost my daily log streak, dang weekend. Oh well Monday is here,so I guess another re-start. My own fault, I need to stay accountable. Scale is not moving because I'm not staying consistent with logging or walking.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @JenHul & @wishfuljune I'm right there with you both on being stuck in a plateau. I know what my problem is. Not hitting the gym enough do to life. And I have gotten really lazy with logging my food. Starting week off right today. No more screwing around. I'm only hurting myself.

@Rachel0778 love the meme. That was definitely me Friday.

So no school for Cassidy this morning as the school had a fire Saturday night. Not a big one contained to shop classroom. Hopefully she will b back tomorrow. Not much happened this weekend. Was really lazy. I need to get my *kitten* in gear. Hope everyone has a good week.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @JenHul It's hard to consistently log sometimes. I feel like I'm constantly guessing on calorie counts. Monday is a good time for a reset

@ngolden3320 Sorry to hear about the fire, glad it was contained. Lazy weekends are nice to have sometimes, you'll be back in the swing of things in no time

@jdelaroy Sounds like you had a great weekend! Mowing someone's lawn for them is such a nice way to help others and gain a bit of extra activity!

@janetay01 I was asking myself the same question this morning. I still haven't motivated myself to do actual work

@Roadturn Welcome!

@ShyCush6 I've been hearing about these magic cronuts for awhile but they haven't made it to my rural neck of the woods yet (probably a good thing from the sounds of it!).

@wishfuljune I've maintained all summer as well. Honestly I'm not upset because I haven't gained and I haven't felt deprived. I think you have the right idea to start weighing everything to get an idea of your true intake.

This weekend was amazing. I had two really good practices and I really feel like I'm improving a lot! The SO and I also went to an outdoor concert event where I had WAY too much wine (seriously, I counted it as most of my dinner calories). Today I'm back to the grindstone and looking forward to next weekend with the Renaissance Festival!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @ShyCush6 @janetay01 - I am going to try and mix things up this week. I'm changing up my exercise routine and adding more cardio. The last time I was in a plateau, I added more cardio and the weight started coming off again. I'm also going to eat more meals, but smaller plates throughout the day for 6 meals total. Hopefully that'll help!

@jdelaroy - I've thought about that! I think I'm going to track my body measurements a lot more closely. Since I started to seriously lose weight in January, I've dropped about 23lb, but I've gone from almost 50% BF to 34% BF in that amount of time, so I am probably adding a lot of muscle. :)

@Rachel0778 - That's a very optimistic way of thinking! I should be pleased that I've maintained all summer too despite all the barbecues and beer festivals.
  • countrygrace77
    countrygrace77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. Now that I figured out how to post something, I forgot to whom i'm posting. So here's a general out there post.
    As I'm navigating an improved 'Life Dietary Habit' (LDH; I refuse to use ' Diet' which refers to something temporary) which to keep me healthy and above 'grave', I've been taking my time with changes.
    The LDH I feel I need to gravitate to is a 'No bread, No sugar' lifestyle with carbs coming from veg. I adapt my life moto being centered on "knowlege and wisdom lends to change". So AS I learn I want to become better than what I was yesterday.
    With that being said, is excersize necessary to a weight loss program where a Ketogenic diet is in place? My understanding is that excersize expedites weight loss when in Ketosis.
    I want a lifestyle that is not overwhelming, so I implement change slowly. Its been difficult to adapt to ascertain a state of Ketosis. So that has been my focus for weeks now.
    I feel that by itself has been, "My mountain to climb'. I use another site to get recipes (a big fan of living smarter, not harder). Cooking all the meals, avoiding breads and pasta, sugary confection and what not is an extraordinary achievement I've yet to master. Not to mention the counting of Days, Proteins, Carbs and Calories and then logging them daily. Oh My!
    This is a struggle for me. I was reluctant to change my eating habits because it all was easy and comforting...but I did without hesitation the day my doctor implied it was necessary to my physical health. So, I feel I've been a pretty good sport. But I'm still craving and have quite literally become bitter at life because of it. That's to other mountain to climb. Just not sure if it's that important. In time I should just have a slow attitude change I would think. Maybe just stay the course.
    Any thoughts?
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Cari: Cronuts are seriously my new kryptonite!

Health-Guard: Stay away… far, far away from the cronut!

Janetay: Sounds like a great weekend! Doesn’t Monday just sneak up on ya!

Jennifer: Thanks! Seems like Jen is a popular one in this group! Glad you had a good weekend!

JenHul: Here’s to a new fresh start and it will be greater than your last! =) Happy Monday!

Nicole: Yikes about the school, thank goodness it wasn’t so bad! Let’s all get our *kitten* in gear… I know I need a switft kick! =)

Rachel: Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Glad you had fun! But you got in two good practices so you earned it!

June: Good luck! I hope it all kicks the weight loss in gear!!

Welcome Grace!

Hey ladies! What a *kitten* weekend! I was awful! I was lazy and I ate bad! Great combination when you are trying to lose weight! I had depression eating yesterday… I got engrossed in 9/11 shows/movies... So today is a new day! I hit the gym early this morning and made the checks on my new weight/exercise chart! Damn it I am doing this!!
    Overall the weekend was slow… I hate not having a plan! … I did get a few projects done… but overall nothing exciting to report. I had fun with two cute puppies racing around my house all weekend…
  • ohiowatching
    ohiowatching Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello gals..I'm Becky! I need to drop 25 lbs...I have been battling this forever!!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Countrygrace77 Welcome to the group! As far as advice, if you're bitter about life with what you are currently eating, do you feel that it is really sustainable? Is there a reason you have to eat low carb instead of just cutting back on portions? Other than that, my advice on exercise is that it is the #1 habit change that is correlated with increased longevity (besides quitting smoking). If your goal is to live a longer, healthier life definitely find a way to incorporate movement in :)

@ohiowatching Welcome to the group!

@ShyCush6 Depression eating sucks, I'm sorry to hear that your weekend ended with that :( Great job on getting back on the wagon today!

After practice yesterday I am completely wiped out! I'm taking tonight off to recover and then maybe doing a run tomorrow. I've been feeling really body confident this week so I'm hoping that feeling rides through this weekend and the Renaissance Festival! Going is seriously one of the highlights of my year :)
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @jenhul you can do this. Sometimes we just need a break, just don't go crazy and when it is time, hop back on.

@ngolden3320 You have had a crazy couple of weeks. You can get back on the wagon, even if you have to take baby steps to get back on. Glad that was a small fire.

@rachel0778 Yeah, it is hard for them... It is my exes mom and grandma, grandma is in her 80's and his mom is on disability. My ex is in jail, and his sister was recently murdered. The rest of their family lives at least 2-3 hours away. I try to help with what I can.

Sounds like the concert was fun, and the Ren fair is always a blast.

@wishfuljune Sounds like you are doing great. What a fantastic improvement. You should be so proud of yourself. All your hard work is really paying off.

@countrygrace77 Welcome to MFP and this thread. I don't think there is anyone on this thread that is using the Ketogenic diet as part of their lifestyle. However, there are a few threads out there (Try the general diet nutrition one for help with that, also look for references to LCHF or HFLC I forget which, low carb, high fat is what it stands for). Most people will tell you that making such extreme restrictions on what you can and can't eat will lead to resentment and will have you falling off this way of eating. Sounds like you might be experiencing it now. I am not telling you that this is wrong, as each of us has to find our own path and way to reach a healthier us. As to exercising being necessary to losing weight, it isn't. You can lose weight in the simplest terms by eating less calories than your body burns. This causes a deficit that requires your body to use its fat stores to function. However, exercise provides many other benefits. It will help you limit muscle loss while losing weight, help your heart become healthier, stronger, helps manage and eliminate stress, and can aid in weight loss. Just remember this is a journey, it will take a long time, you will have some not so great days, just see what you can do better the next time and keep going forward. Make small sustainable changes and you will be a success!

Weigh in was today...

SW 250.8
    LW 227 (up 2 pounds) :(
    CW 225 Back down those 2 pounds....
    GW for end of September 220.

Went to a concert last night, it was in the beautiful Red Rocks Amphitheater. This requires a long walk up a steep hill, tons of stairs. It provides some of the best acoustics, a beautiful view of the metro Denver area, a back drop of the mountains, and Rain! I ate like crap, managed to stay under calories if I count my exercise calories. Had one of the most wonderful times. I didn't even mind getting rained on for the whole thing.

My NSV, I made it up all those freaking stairs with only a couple of quick rest breaks, my shirt I wore was way too big, and the BF has convinced me I need to go buy some new bras.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    @health_guard - King Richard's Faire!!!!! I am so excited for the events they have coming up. I'm planning to hit up Game of Thrones weekend. :)

@jdelaroy - I've heard great things about Red Rocks. Good for you for staying under your calorie goal and still having fun. Also, great job on the NSV!

@ohiowatching - welcome to the group! you'll be able to lose those 25lbs on MFP. :)

@countrygrace77 - I'm not super familiar with Ketogenic diet, but I know a few people who do it. I'm sure there are plenty of threads/groups here on MFP that have a lot more information about it. I agree with health_guard too: exercise is a benefit. Most of your weight loss will come from better nutrition, but exercise will help you get there faster.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @health_guard I love CO as well. I can't imagine living anywhere else. When you come, definitely check out Red Rocks. It is open to the public for free when there isn't an event going on. Last month we parked in Morrison (small town at the base of the mountains) walked from there up to the amphitheater. It was a blast, and very beautiful. We took the trail instead of the road.
  • ohiowatching
    ohiowatching Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune ..thank you..I hope so!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Welcome Becky! Post often!!
    Rachel: Glad you are feeling good about yourself! As you should!! Be proud! You are rocking it!
    jdalaroy: The concert venue sounds awesome!! Sorry about the rain… But glad you had fun!! I love Colorado!!
    Health_guard: Great goals!!
    So yesterday I hit the gym for a quick 15 after work as well. I had the time so I squeezed it in… You can burn quite a few calories in 15 min! Skipped this morning as I had to get Lexi off to school but hitting the gym tonight after work! Feels great!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Man this week is getting away on me! I have been crazy busy at work, and don't want to complain because over the summer it was so slow I was going crazy. Would love in between!!
    Shy, we are twins for sure! Haha! Ooohhh cronuts! I went to the gym yesterday at 6am and this morning hit snooze! Man I have to get my butt in gear with you!
    Rachel, I hope you have a blast at the renaissance fair! Sounds fun!
    Nichole and June: I'm so with you, what is up with us lately. I'm maintaining (maybe gaining?!) too... Have to just get with it once and for all. The plateau is sucking!!
    Seriously guys, I say to myself ok, I'm going to do this! (Very enthusiastically!) and then it is so effing easy to fall off the wagon. Like, one little temptation and it's like "I surrender, pass the platter of cronuts "!!! Good grief. Need control and discipline!
    I'm so glad I have you guys, or I would be going nuts trying to fight through this on my own!!
    I'm going for a walk with my dog and friend tonight, and tomorrow I am getting up and going to the gym early again. Just gonna keep kicking my own kitten until I smarten up!!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Shy great job on squeezing 15 minutes in at the gym. Every little bit helps.

Joy I am right there with you. If I didn't have you guys I'm sure I would have quit for the millionth time by now. I have been maintaining, but I need to start losing again.

@jdelaroy great job making it up the steps for you concert. We are all getting stronger and more fit even if we don't always see it. It sounds like it was amazing.

Rachel enjoy you Renaissance Festival this weekend sounds cool.

So Monday I didn't make it to the gym as I had to see lawyer form my dads lack of estate. I will sure be glad in December when this is over. I probably could have went when I was done as that was the plan, but my head hurt so bad I probably would have dropped a weight on it. :s Did make it yesterday and it felt good. Since I restarted in February I have really come to like the gym and miss it when I don't go. So after having 2 days off Cassidy is back to school after the fire. They blocked off the section with temporary walls so the students can get back to class and the workers don't have to rush. win win for everyone except Cassidy. She stated last night she was going to drop out and mooch off of us the rest of her life. :D

happy hump day.