Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Way to go on the 5 mile hike, fantastic NSV!

@Samgrim91 Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Glad that you're starting to be able to incorporate movement back in

@ngolden and @health_guard Weekends are so hard! Great job getting right back at it though

I tweaked my back during practice Saturday so I wasn't able to go hard on Sunday and was really disappointed, especially since I'm going to be out of town all next weekend :( I threw myself a pity party and stayed on the couch all weekend. I started watching Real Housewives (I know I'm a late adopter but I avoided it for ages) and it definitely distracted me, I can see why there are so many now! My one NSV is that I bought myself a pint of Halo Top to eat my feelings with instead of a pint of Ben and Jerrys.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we all had our struggles this weekend. Food Cravings, emotional stress eating kicked my butt. My babysitter up and quit on me Friday. I have no clue what I am going to do now. Makes working hard to do. Trying to get over the need to eat everything in sight.
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Gibbsy21 wrote: »
    I have maybe 70+ lbs to lose, and sometimes, I just wish I could do one thing and have the weight all gone. I keep trying to convince myself that it is easy. That all I have to do is eat less than I normally do and excerise more. But its hard to stay motivated, so maybe this can help me because I think I could use a little push.

Motivation is the #1 most important thing in weight loss.

You have to get to a point in your life where you can't do something you want to do, and you need to lose weight to get there. Are you unhealthy? Back pains, foot pains? Want to zip line but are too heavy? Want to be able to walk around the block without being out of breath? Want to feel better about dating?

To me, I didn't like to walk. I remembered 10 years previous where walking was fun - something I did every night. It was relaxing. I had back pains and foot pains, and it was easier sitting on the couch. I had a baby boy less than a year old, and I wanted to be able to play ball and run around with him when he got older. I felt wiped out after playing for 5 minutes. I didn't like that feeling. I made excuses as to why I couldn't play. THAT was my motivation in losing the first 45 pounds.

Now that I've reached the point that I can run around the block without any heavy breathing, and I feel athletic, I want to work on going the extra step, becoming as fit as I've been since I was 20. This is more motivation for me now.
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @Gibbsy21 this is my motivation I hate this photo it was taken very recently 18th August at the zoo by the husband. I can't stand the way I look and have realised I need to do this for me and my health not for anyone else. I'm still getting there but have made it to the gym 4 out of the last 6 days. One thing helping me as odd as it sounds is not getting on the scales on a weekly basis. I know in my mind I will have water weight and will gain muscle from all the running I'm doing and that muscle weighs more than fat but if I get on those scales and see a gain I will be so demotivated and end up reaching for the junk food. It's a vicious circle so I've stopped weighing myself weekly. fbeznda3933y.jpeg
  • milliemu
    milliemu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have just rejoined and have my first day of calorie counting successfully behind me (well, nearly, there is still time for that evil Nutella jar to sneak up on me). Would it be ok to join you guys? I struggle most with keeping the motivation going and I hope that this post could help! I have around 2 st to lose, I am in my 40s and find that my weight makes me feel lethargic and exhausted all the time, I have a very busy job and by the time I come home I just want to collapse on the couch with a glass of wine (not a great role model for my 13 year old son!). I am ready for change!! Tami x
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @rachel0778 - congrats on your 8 hours. You can do it. Regarding the training, I have to tell you I did a 40 miler last year over 2 days and we walked A LOT the 3 months before. They gave us a training schedule. See if they have one. Great job on the Halo Top. I love that stuff.

@bluepoppies777 - once again you had a wonderful time. Sounds like a great time. It is great once you don't have to cook for the kids all the time.

@janetay01 - I love the name Alistair, glad he is feeling better and up for the visit. Enjoy your week off.

@jdelaroy - great job on the hike. It is beautiful country out there. I love it when we head west on vacation.

@Samgrim91 - great job going to the gym still sick. I normally hit the couch :(

@ngolden3320 - Loved your NSV from last week!! I am with you on eating bad this weekend. Please see the below, lol

First off, welcome new people, feel free to friend me.

Well it was one wonderful weekend.
    We went to see our nephew in Rhode Island and OMG did the diet go out the window. He has his pilots license and a plane (what a life) and we flew over the Martha's Vineyard for breakfast on Saturday, hello Lobster Benedict, which was followed up by a wonderful Lobster Roll and a Zoo Brew that night. There was also a steak dinner and massive amounts of other not good for me stuff tossed in there, then pizza when we got home as it was really late. The one good part was I did get plenty of steps in. Unfortunately is the scale was WAY up this morning but I am going with salt and other stuff which is quickly going to go away.

Goal - 135 by 10/6

7/11: 150................ 8/1: 144.5
    7/18: 145.9............. 8/8: 145.7
    7/26: 146.3............. 8/15: 143.7
    .................................8/22: 142.7
    .................................8/30: 145.2
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile That sounds like such an idyllic weekend! That water weight will be gone in no time, and that food sounds totally worth it

@jdelaroy So sorry to hear about the babysitter. Were you able to work past eating your feelings?

@beaglebrandon Great fitness accomplishments, way to go!

@Samgrim91 I'm with you on staying away from the scale. It messes with my brain and I start to get obsessive. I think you look really cute and happy in your before photo, it looks like you had a ton of fun at the zoo!

@milliemu Welcome!!!

I had a morning today...dumped hot coffee on myself in the car, dropped my hardboiled egg on the ground, dropped my sunglasses (which promptly broke), and got swarmed by mosquitos while taking my dog on a walk. Ugh.

Ever since I tweaked my back this weekend I've just been feeling really lethargic and heavy :( Part of it is likely the humidity that has descended the town and my mood, but I want my energy back darnit!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @health_guard Your dinner sounds yummy especially the chocolate tort.

@Rachel0778 I hope your day has improved.

@FitEqualsSmile your weekend sounds like so much fun. And the food. I say totally worth it. We all need a treat once in a while.

@milliemu & @Samgrim91 welcome to the group. Feel free to add me as a friend. You have come to the right place for motivation. Everyone her has the same struggles and this is a great group for all of the ups downs and everything in between.

Went to the gym last night. Couldn't get in as it was closed due to no electricity. Went to visit my mom instead. No electricity there either. Took her dog for a walk. Went home took a shower then no electricity at my house. They said it was from the weather. Wth. It actually wasn't as hot and humid as it has been for the past month and a half. Today no gym either as Cassidy has a volleyball game. Ugh.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Sorry guys that I have been so quiet this week. I have been majorly stressed out without having daycare for the kids. Luckily my boss has been super cool about it. Still trying to figure it out. Plus Aunt Flo came for a visit. I think I managed to eat at a slight deficit-maintenance levels for the week. I only had one super stressed out day where I ate my feelings. So while I didn't do great I was able to minimize the damage. Yesterday was weigh in, and It said I was up 2 pounds. I told the scale it was lying and I would check in again today. Today I am down a half a pound from last week. Had this been 3 months ago. I would have binged all week and not felt bad about it. Gained 3-4 pounds and said whatever. Instead, I kept it to more of a slow graze, kept track of the calories, made sure I still got my exercise in.

Yesterday, I was ready to have a good day. Ended up making it half way through the day and then felt like crap. So, I only ate half my calories, and MFP gave me a lecture on it. Today, I am starving.

Yesterday I also did my monthly measurements. This is the first time I had something to compare them to. I lost inches everywhere except my left arm. My breasts shrank the most, a total of 3 inches in a month. I can now comfortably stick a pair of socks in my bra. I am not sure if I am happy about this or not.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @jdelaroy Don't worry! I'm glad to hear you're doing so well taking care of yourself amidst the craziness and that your job is being understanding

@health_guard Great job sticking with your calorie goals! I am sooo glad that it's Wednesday

@ngolden3320 That is so frustrating about the power outages!!! Great job still fitting a walk in and getting some movement in

This week at work is insane. I need a 3 day weekend so bad right now it's not even funny. I'm glad I'm getting away from everything and going to my Grandma's this weekend.

I feel like I've been in a rut lately. I'm hoping the busy social season of fall and the holidays right around the corner will help to perk me up a bit. This week I've been doing really well with calorie totals/cravings so I'm hoping to ride this train through the next 3 months!
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    So here I am again exactly 3 months since my dad passed away sitting in the ICU w my sister. Sugar 738 heart stopped had to revive her sky high potassium. And organs not work correctly. Please pray for her. Not sure I'm strong enough to go through this again
  • tercasey
    tercasey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't set an overall target for myself. I'm taking every half stone at a time. I sometimes get overwhelmed looking at the bigger number. I could definitely do with new friends for motivation and help! Feel free to add me
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @ngolden3320 That is devastating. You are in my thoughts today. I hope everything works out okay

@tercasey Welcome! Keep posting!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    The SO is taking me out tonight for music in the park and dinner out and a coworker brought my favorite doughnuts for her birthday. I'm shuffling my planned food around and making it work. That doughnut was worth every last bite (and I'm glad I went for a 6 mile run this morning so I could have the extra wiggle room!)
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @health_guard Great job on your weight loss. Yeah, I didn't think I would be overly worried about losing weight in my bust as I was an H cup. But it is coming off faster there than anywhere else, and now they look all lumpy. I swear I am going to stuff them just so they look okay under my clothes.

@rachel0778 I like being busy on the weekends too, but right now I wouldn't mind having a quiet one. Yummy donuts are the best! Glad to hear you will be able to make it work out for your calories.

@ngolden3320 Oh my you are having it rought, Hugs, good thoughts and prayers. I hope it turns out okay. We are here if you need a virtual shoulder to cry on.

@tercasey Welcome to the thread. Small goals are a great way to help you get to where you want to be. Jump on in post whenever you want. We like to offer encouragement, and share in the pain and misery to make it a little easier for everyone.

Well I still haven't quite figured out day care, and now my dryer went out. Grr. Sigh oh well. my NSV for the month of August, I managed to walk 430K steps. my goal was 375K.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 so sorry to hear about your sister. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

@jdelaroy hope you can get daycare figured out soon! Great job on the steps!

@Rachel0778 have fun out tonight! Sounds fun!

Sorry I have not been posting lately. Im still here. Just really struggling with the eating lately (well-enjoying eating way too much and eating everything in sight). I really need to get myself back on track! I have about a 10lb weight gain since April. Ugh. Backtracking. Since I was told that I will be laid off back in July I keep telling myself I will get back on track once they let me go. First it was mid August, then mid September. Now they are telling me that it might be mid October before I actually get let go. The extra paychecks are great-but I keep waiting to start over with the weight loss and I am just getting further and further away from where I want to be. I need to start now-not wait until who knows when. I am struggling with the motivation lately and seeing the scale go up is just making it worse, and I am just eating more and more because why not? OK-enough venting. Now I just need to set myself some new goals and get back to it! I can do this! I just have to start! Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Its almost Friday!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Joy: Sounds like you had a great weekend!!! And even more fun to come!! Love it!! Got to make the most of summer!! School started today here and it’s back to reality!

Jane: Glad you are feeling better… Hope the little guy is as well! Have fun on your week off!!!

Jdekaroy: I’m jealous of your hike! Sounds beautiful!! Sorry about your babysitter… ugh! That’s stressful! LOL… on the bra comment! Sorry babe! It’s always where we don’t want to lose! Glad your boss is being cool about things! Hope you figure out something soon! Great job on the inches lost!!!

JenHul: Baby steps are all you need… they keep you going when you can’t focus hard… =)

Nicole: Sorry you had a couple bad days… it happens… shake it off and start anew! =) So sorry to hear about your sister… Sending prayers for her and for you… tough times.

Health_guard: Way to start your Monday healthy… Weekends are so hard! Sounds like you had a great dinner! Way to go with the boxing… sounds fun! Way to go on the calorie goals girl!!

Rachel: Sorry about your back…. Our bodies need a break here and there… Looks like you did good with the Halo Top… I still need to stop and get some!! =) Here’s to better days… Sounds like my Wednesday! Everything went wrong! Nice job on your run and making room for a donut! Yum!

Karen: OOOOhhh la la! What a great weekend… I think you can cut yourself some slack for that!

Dana: You can do this Dana.. step up and start now… You’re right… you can’t put it off… You will feel better and more motivated the sooner you start! You got this girl! Let’s do it!!

Sorry I’ve been MIA…. I had last Friday and Monday and Tuesday off… Weekend was crazy… I did ok on the booze and food for the parties… Those damn hot mini donuts snuck up on me though! Sunday night Lexi and I went to my parents and rode 4-wheelers and then worked in their garden on Monday. Tuesday, we went kayaking and swimming at the lake. Wednesday was stressful as back to work and plus a treat day. So unburying myself lead to eating not so good treats… Today is the first day of school and Lexi’s first volleyball game. Excited to see her play! Looking forward to camping this weekend… Have to plan my meals still though!
  • hopejaye75
    hopejaye75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Hope and I'm looking to lose about 50lbs or so I lost some on another app but decided to try this with friends also..
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Hi Hope welcome to the group. Great place for support. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.

Thanks everyone for your support. My sister is off the vent but still not out of the woods. Ate like crap today. And am starving now but to tired to fix anything.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @jdelaroy Great NSV for the month, that's some serious movement!

@danan01 Sorry to hear about your recent struggles with the scale. Summer is hard and it's stressful to have a tenuous employment situation! Great job taking control of it and jumping right back on the wagon!

@ShyCush6 How'd the first day of school go? I hope you have a great time camping this weekend!

@hopejaye75 Welcome!

@ngolden3320 So glad to hear your sister is doing better. Hopefully she'll be out of the woods soon. No shame in eating like crap amidst all that stress!

I am really proud of how I did last night. I had a snack before I went to the event and then I stuck with my pre-planned glass of wine, ate the delicious pizza that fit into my calories, and stopped there! No extra treats or indulgences and I was actually full! Plus we walked a ton since my SO had to walk off a few too many before he could drive home lol. I ended out being out way later than expected so I missed my morning workout, but after all the walking last night I'm calling it even. Today I'm all packed to go to my Grandma's house and I can't wait! I feel so fortunate that I still have her around and that I can spend so much time with her one on one. I hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend!