Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @health_guard way to improvise. You go girl.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    iz856gv10c49.jpeg
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    fenv4xhhuej4.jpeg
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - I've only tried the chocolate, but I loved how malty it was! I'm going to go back to the store and find out which flavors I should try next. I'll be on the lookout for the Lemon one. I saw they had birthday cake flavor too. :)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Saw this today and it made me laugh. :D
    gaspkdw6vdrm.jpg
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    So, London was great, we went to a Cuban restaurant for dinner, then up to The Shard for drinks and the main attraction - the view. The picture below shows Tower Bridge, the Tower of London to the left, and the big ship on the Thames to the bottom is HMS Belfast. Stunning. I do love my home town. <3
    uq9gvhhdb89h.jpg
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi all - well I'm back, kind off! Feeling a whole lot healthier than I did last week although still coughing too much. Finishing off my round of antibiotics and back at work this morning trying to catch up with everything that happened last week - how can one week generate so much work??

Cari - what a great photograph! The Shard is definitely something I want to do and given that I work in London there is little excuse!!

@health_guard - I like the sound of your workout room, that sounds brilliant. You are so right about being thankful for the good stuff - it's easy sometimes to forget what we have and that life isn't so awful.

Have a good week all - I have to pop out at lunchtime to pick up my new glasses and also rearrange my dentist appointment, just not sure I can face him prodding and poking in my mouth right now!!
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Went to a WW meeting for the first time and ages and didn't recognise most of the people there. I was sitting there bored for like half an hour waiting for the meeting to start. I read through the material they gave us, than looked around at the faces in the room a few times, most of them friendly. Afterwards, I walked outside and heard this group of girls talking about me.

It is annoying, they had each other to talk to, why did they care if I spent a few seconds studying their faces? it was so boring in there! I can't see that I did anything wrong. Most of the people there didn't seem to care. I thought in social situations where you interact with the same people every week, that sort of thing is to be expected. If I had a friend there, I would have talked to them, instead of getting angry at someone trying to catch my eye. I didn't have any bad intent. Now I don't really want to go back next week, but if I don't, who wins? not me.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Went to a WW meeting for the first time and ages and didn't recognise most of the people there. I was sitting there bored for like half an hour waiting for the meeting to start. I read through the material they gave us, than looked around at the faces in the room a few times, most of them friendly. Afterwards, I walked outside and heard this group of girls talking about me.

It is annoying, they had each other to talk to, why did they care if I spent a few seconds studying their faces? it was so boring in there! I can't see that I did anything wrong. Most of the people there didn't seem to care. I thought in social situations where you interact with the same people every week, that sort of thing is to be expected. If I had a friend there, I would have talked to them, instead of getting angry at someone trying to catch my eye. I didn't have any bad intent. Now I don't really want to go back next week, but if I don't, who wins? not me.

People can be judgemental and rude. Don't let it get to you. If you keep going, who knows? Maybe you'll get to know them and they'll be cooler than you thoughr.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune Let me know how you like the birthday cake one. I love that it has sprinkles!

@health_guard Sorry to hear about the AC, although what a workout! Your workout room sounds fantastic, as someone who lives in a smaller space I am completely jealous!

@janetay01 Welcome back! So glad you're feeling better

@CariTJR what a gorgeous view! As someone who looks out into cornfields all day I am completely jealous

@magicpickles Screw them. I have zero patience for gossips, especially in a setting where people are supposed to talk to each other, interact, and be friendly. You did nothing wrong. Is there a different meeting you can try?

My weekend was fantastic (and I'm really sad it has come to an end). The SO and I went biking on the local trails and my favorite instructor was in town and taught both classes this weekend. My body is wrecked! Today is the first day of student's starting school so it is crazy around here! Wish me luck :)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Wow, quiet morning here today.

@janetay01 Glad to hear you are feeling better.

@Rachel0778 sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. Give your body a break today and good luck with work.

I had a busy weekend, I did a 2 hour walk at the flea market, 3 hours of weeding (ugh), and 30 minutes playing ball with my oldest while making dinner. Yes we kicked the ball back and forth in the kitchen while dinner was simmering on the stove. Was a blast. My body is sore today though.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well the Olympics are over so hopefully my husband will find his way off the couch, lol. I am trying to be super careful with my diet this week as we have to have dinner with clients twice this week and then we are headed to RI to visit our nephew and his wife for the weekend and he LOVES to cook so I am sure it is not going to be calorie friendly.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday and keep working the plan!!

Goal - 135 by 10/6

7/11: 150................ 8/1: 144.5
    7/18: 145.9............. 8/8: 145.7
    7/26: 146.3............. 8/15: 143.7
    .................................8/22: 142.7

Joy -good luck on the 30 day challenge. Once I am over everything I am differently going back to them. I want to do plank, pushup and squat.

Cari - I did Making of a Murderer over Christmas last year. It was awesome. I here they are making more. Can't wait. What a great picture. It must have been a great night.

@health_guard - it sounds like you are developing quite a work out room. Sorry about the AC system but love the accidental exercise :)

@magicpickles - is there another meeting you can go to? Girls can be *itchy for sure. Don't let them bother you if there is not another meeting you can attend. They are not worth your time.

@jdelaroy - sounds like you had a great weekend.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Karen: Glad you found out the cause and will be back to normal soon! Yes, yard work is invigorating and it feels so good when it’s done! Beer in a coffee cup… I may need to remember that!

Joy: Sorry to hear about your mom… hope all is ok now. I hear you… I took the weekend off and chilled at home.. It did feel good. We have to do that sometimes. Beach and drive in sound fun too though!!
    Health_guard: Sounds like a great cool down… keep up the good work girl!! Sounds like you have a great plan… I want your workout room! =) Loved that your guys had your own class too! Sorry about your AC… ugh!

Cari: Don’t you hate when they offer us drinks and sabotage our good merits! Hope your night in London rocked! Sounds wonderful! Love the picture of London! So jealous!

Nicole: I hear ya Nicole… the best I get is Madison, Milwaukee and an occasionally trip to Chicago. =) Thanks for the suggestion! I think I need one of those!! I need to get into those challenges… I don’t have room on my phone for yet another app so I was going to fire up my tablet that I never use… Always needs to be charged…. Maybe tonight would be a great night to start! I’m waiting for a schedule for vball as well.. I would think anytime now. Love the memes!

June: Way to go on the loss! Go find those Pokemon!!

Jdelaroy: I do love my yard and I really enjoy making it pretty! I started with a blank slate. Hope your weekend went well and BF straightened up. ;) 3 hours of weeding… ugh… I was right there with you though! Only I had two cute puppies coming by to play A LOT… they would chase my weeds when I threw them in the bucket!

Rachel: Ok… where can I find this yummy ice cream? Halo Top? Hope your week continues to be as good as your weekend. Sounds great!!

Janetay: Glad you are feeling better!!

MagicPickles: You have to go back to that meeting, for yourself. Who cares about mean people… You are there for one reason and that is helping yourself. Hope you can find someone nice to sit and chat with. Maybe that person will stop in next week, but you don’t know unless you go!

So I really need to check out Stranger Things!! I almost jumped into the Making a murderer… I might have to still check that one out… Lots of people liked it a lot but not sure I want to watch it or not… So Friday, Lexi and I baked cookies for her volleyball tournament, she helped me finish my canning my salsa and then we hit a movie. Her dad picked her up that evening and they are headed off on vacation for a week, so I am sad and will miss her… been text and snap chatting though. Saturday & Sunday my hubby was over at his parents working on their front porch, so that left me to fend for myself… Since I had the canning all done for what I had (more is coming from my mom) I started in one room and cleaned top to bottom. Dusting light fixtures, tops of cabinets, the works… So now, I have the house pretty spotless… a little more in the kitchen tonight and I’ll be done. I also painted the interior of my back door... Now to do the rest of the interiors as it looks really nice! I also pulled more weeds (a never ending task) and I had quite a few visitors stop over as well. Neighbors, friends, and family. So it wasn’t all just work. Last night the in-laws took us to Red Lobster for thanks for the boys working… Yum! I love sea food and I did pretty good… if they would just leave those damn biscuits off the table! =) Saturday night we stayed home and watched the rained out Nascar race, then changed to the Brewer game… Had a few beers with my brother in-law as he stopped over. It was a nice “get’r done” weekend. All ready for our big party this weekend for our city’s festival. Yikes!
  • fontoniajff
    fontoniajff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I actually just started vlogging my weight loss on YouTube. So if anyone is interested my user name is either Fontonia or Jessica Fortner
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Joy - once again you had a great weekend. I think I want to be your friend.

@health_guard - isn't great when a home repair is almost done, it is always a great since of accomplishment.

@fontoniajff - you have more guts then I do. No way would I put myself out there that much. Good for you and good luck.

Yesterday was lots of errands and I was able to take the dogs for a little walk which was nice. Today is wash/iron/clean the bathrooms and go the dentist. I hate the dentist.

Have a great day everyone.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile Sounds like a busy and fun week, Hard on the calories though. Good job planning ahead for those events though. I hate the dentist too. Good luck.

@shycush6 while your pups sound adorable, I put my two youngest to work. They got to help bag the weeds. They were actually pretty helpful, and super adorable. I am so happy with how much better the yards look. I want to turn one area into a garden for next year. Not too sure where to start with it though. Guess I need to read up on gardening. Sounds like you had a very productive weekend. :)

@health_guard you are getting your calorie burn one way or another this week. Glad you aren't too upset about this. Sounds like you will have some "fun" projects coming up.

Today was weigh in, My jaw almost hit the floor. :) Almost 5 pounds.

SW 250.2
    LW 230.2
    CW 225.6
    GW 220.00 (For Our September/October loss)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile - I too have a dentist appointment tomorrow which I'm going to have to move. I hate the dentist with a passion. In a way I'm glad the Olympics are done - I love them but I was feeling so awful last week that I spent most of the time draped on the sofa watching them - by the weekend, I was definitely feeling Olympic overdose!

@health_guard - sounds like quite the job to sort out everything to do with your AC but at least you've got it done without too much damage.

@ShyCush6 - you are always so busy! Hope the week without Lexi goes ok - it will be gone before you know it and she'll be back to tell you all about it!

@jdelaroy - busy weekend, love the idea of you kicking the ball around whilst cooking. What a good way to get a workout in :)

@Rachel0778 - lovely sounding weekend and hooray for getting both classes in. Good luck with the start of school!

Not much to report here - just battling through another day at work. We have a week off next week so really looking forward to that - get some much needed 'us time'. Hope the day is treating you all well.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone! First week of classes are crazy here. I think I'm going to pick up a bottle of wine of my way home. We've got out of town friends coming tonight, so I'm skipping kickboxing for game night. I have to remind myself that skipping class every once and awhile is okay! Chance (the dog) is excited since his best friend Dunkle (Great Dane) is coming to visit too!

@jdelaroy WOW! Amazing loss, way to go! All that activity is paying off!

@FitEqualsSmile Sounds like a fun week ahead. Great job planning ahead for those high calorie days

@ShyCush6 Red lobster biscuits are almost solely the reason I go there, they're so good! I have found HaloTop at Hyvee and Whole Foods. It's expensive, but delicious for special occasions

@health_guard That sounds like a mess! I'm glad to hear your belongings didn't get destroyed

@janetay01 Anything fun planned for your week off?

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @jdelaroy on your weight loss! That's fantastic!

@Rachel0778 - My friends and I do a game night as well! What kind of games do you and your friends play? We've been into card games recently.

@health_guard - That sounds like a lot of work, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end!

I went swimming in my gym's pool this morning and got in 700 meters. My whole body felt exhausted after - abs, shoulders, legs, back, everything, but it felt so good too. I think I'm going to go again tomorrow morning as well. Swimming in the morning seems like a great routine to get some low-impact cardio in. :)
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @jdelaroy - awesome job on the lose. Stick to the hard work.

@Rachel0778 - enjoy the company and the wine. Nothing wrong with taking a day off. Some even day it is good for you. Enjoy.

@wishfuljune - i used to swim almost every morning then had to switch gyms and they no longer have a pool. I do miss it especially when I have an injury. It is a great all over boy workout. I especially noticed an difference in my lower abs region.