Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    44qjmfys3obv.jpeg
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry to have been missing in action but having felt generally under the weather last week by last night I think it's turned into full on flu
  • janetay01
    Options
    Aargh only posted half my messages
  • janetay01
    Options
    Have a good week all!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wow girls… last week was crazy busy and just got away from me! So I’m here to catch up!! I’m kind of ready for school to start and things to get less crazy! Not wishing away summer but would like the routine of it!
    Janetay: Hope you are all healthy and feeling up to speed again!
    Cari: So sorry you have so much on your plate, glad things are unwinding and you can get back you focusing on yourself… One day at a time. Hang in there… Way to go on 4.46 miles… not bad at all! That’s a great start!! Keep up the great work! 3 lbs down! Yay!!! Love your meme!
    Karen: Way to get back to yoga! Where you going on your cruise? Sounds fun! I’d be packing already too! Sounds super busy! I think summer just bring that on!
    Rachel: Way to realize what you need to not comfort yourself with food. It’s very hard to see that and to focus on it! Way to go! Glad kickboxing was just what you needed!! Bagels get ya everytime… It’s the go to snack for people at work and so easy to grab and regret! Hope the mud run was a hit. I’ve done the Warrior Dash and the Dirty Girl! Fun times!! Hope you have a good rest day and glad you enjoyed your run!
    Joy: I am with you… life is so busy n the summer!! This has been my best summer in a long time too!! We really need to hang out girl!! Seriously… we are two peas in a pod!! ;) It comes on so damn quick… you have a bad weekend and the scale jumps! Yikes… at least you owned up to it and are facing it… I’m right there with ya sister! Hope you had a great weekend camping!!! Way to go with the alcohol on the camping trip!!! So many empty calories! You got this lady!
    Irivera54: Great job journaling!! Keep it up… We WILL do this!!

Nicole: Hope work is getting better for you… bad days at work make for bad days overall…

Health_Guard: I wish there was a zumba class near me that I could afford… It’s so fun! Way to go n your steps!!! Nice job!

June: Good luck on your 5k training… You got this!! I know you can beat your time! Hope your back feels better and you made it to the concert Friday night! Nice planning… you have your work cut out for you! Way to train!

Jdelaroy: Way to get in an extra walk!! Glad your BBQ was a success and that you are feeling better after your fall.. Yikes!

JenHul: reboot is right… Been there, done that! You got this!

Dana: Oh no! Hope all drys up and your house in Florida sells quickly!! Glad your house was not affected by the flooding… I’d take locked at home dry over that!!

So I was pretty good last week, the weekend, actually I was pretty good as well… I didn’t do great on my steps over the weekend, but then again, I didn’t wear my fitbit a lot as I was always in or around the water! Friday, I took Lexi and a friend to a local swimming/hiking hole… it was very fun and the girls climbed all over the water falls. Saturday Lexi and I went to my parents and pulled weeds in the garden… came home with lots of fresh goodies! In the afternoon, we met some friends at the lake and went out for pizza that evening… All was good until we hit the pizza and beer! Sunday, Lexi and I headed to the lake with a blanket and a good book… We enjoyed the breeze while soaking up the sunshine!! Back to the grind today! 5K steps by lunch today… Shake for breakfast, grapes for snack… BLT’s for dinner! Going to be a good day!!
  • jodenaz
    jodenaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

• jodenaz
    jodenaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this group! I need more friends on here that share my struggles and victories!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that getting back to work after vacation totally sucks!! Gahhhh! The struggle is real today - LOL!
    Rachel - you look totally amazeballs, and don't think anything otherwise! Good idea to just stay off the scale for the next little while and go by feel. Congrats on a good mud run! Looked like fun!!
    Dana - congrats on selling the house so fast, holy! makes all that hard work worthwhile. Glad to hear you are safe and dry right now too!
    Karen, you always make me laugh - going around to all of your appointments stinky. Ha! You are doing great, keep up the good work and enjoy your results! You are doing way better than me, that's for sure! LOL! And yup, guaranteed I'll be packing for my cruise next year early too!
    Janetay - hope you are feeling better soon. Flu's suck! I got a bit of a head cold when we were camping, but nothing too crazy. Still had a blast.
    Shy - All of your summer activities sound so fun, exactly the things I like to do too! So cool that you and your daughter are so close, you are very lucky living that awesome life of yours! :)

Well, camping was sooooo good, we had the best site and the weather was gorgeous and HOT! It was so hard to come home! Wahh wahhhh... I did really well with the drinking this time, which I'm really proud of... but not as good with the eating as I could have, that's for sure. We went kayaking and swimming lots, and I tried to get my fam out for a hike, but it was so hot they said no! so we just floated around in the lake and had fun with the frisbee in the water.

I've got a few days back at work to get caught up and then we are going camping again on Friday to a family reunion. Talk about busy summer! I feel the same way Shy, not wishing summer away, but holy no routine is crazytown! I know that when school starts again and fall hits, I'll be wishing summer was lasting longer, so I'm going to have as much fun as possible for the next few weeks!!!

Hope you all have an awesome day! Keep up the good work!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @danan01 I can't even imagine being trapped all weekend like that. I hope you're going easy on yourself, that's a really stressful situation

@bluepoppies777 I'm glad to hear you're living up summer to the fullest and get to go camping again this weekend!

Welcome @jodenaz!

@ShyCush You are amazing at living up summer to the fullest! I love hearing all of your and your daughter's adventures!

@janetay01 Sorry to hear about the flu, that's awful! I hope you're feeling better now!

@jdelaroy Great job preparing the healthy choices for the BBQ! I can't wait to hear how your 7K goes, that's a sizable hike!

It's definitely getting to be the dog days of summer. I'm trying to figure out how to fit everything in before summer is gone! On the bright side, another pair of my pants feels loose this morning so even if I'm not dropping pounds quickly my clothes are reflecting my effort. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @danan01 Eek! Flooding is no fun at all, glad you are safe and sound, please stay that way. Congrats on such a quick turn around. One of these days you will have to tell me how you got into it, what kind of work it entails.

@janetay01 Feel better soon! lots of rest.

@jodenaz welcome to the thread! Jump on it.

@bluepoppies777 Sounds like so much fun. We have't been able to make it camping once this summer and the kids go back to school on Thursday.

@rachel0778 I am a little nervous about it, but I think it will be fun. It comes with a t-shirt, a medal and I will get to meet some of the Broncos, and their mascot. I am a huge Broncos fan.

Started off my morning with some yoga. The bf laughed at me when I lost my balance, I was laughing pretty hard too. So now he has to do yoga with me tonight. I did my official weigh in today. Lost a half a pound. If I used what the scale said yesterday I would be down a pound. Stupid fluctuations. I think it is time to get a scale.

SW 250.8
    LW 230.8
    CW 230.4
    GW 220.00

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • cballers23
    cballers23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in the exact same boat as you and would love to be part of this motivation group!! I initially want to loose 30 lbs then maybe another 10lbs and toning. Accountability plays a huge role in motivating me to keep going. We can do this!!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @health_guard Great job! You worked hard for those 2 lbs

@cballers23 Welcome!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Jodenaz: Welcome!

Joy: I hear ya girl… back to reality stinks! I so want a t-shirt that says “The struggle is real”! Glad your camping trip was a success! I can’t blame the fam for not wanting to hike in the heat…. Humidity is the worst! Another camping trip coming up? You rock! I so want to come and live by you… we could def hang out!! I am living summer up to the fullest as well… School starts WAY too soon!! Before we know it that darn snow will be back! Hate it!!

Dana: I misread… congrats on selling the Florida house so quickly! That’s awesome… Hope you are drying out!

Rachel: I hear you on fitting everything in… I am still working on that!! =) Great NSV that the pants feel loose… it’s the non scale victories that really do feel great!

Jdelaoy: Have fun laughing at the bf tonight doing yoga! =) Way to go on the loss!

Health_Guard: Way to go on your loss!!! Great job!!

Cballers23: Welcome… check in often!

Well, yesterday.. I hit my step goal… did great in the morning but afternoon kicked my *kitten* so I went home and mowed the lawn, so I got the steps in at least… So this morning I got up and went for a 2.5 mile walk with Bentley… 7500 steps and it’s not noon yet…. I am happy! Planning on raking my lawn tonight as, I have acorns all over my yard... It's awful... My oak tree is about 100 years old and HUGE! So that will be a workout. Hopefully the mosquitoes don't eat me alive! Nothing too exciting to report otherwise… Lexi has tryouts for volleyball every morning this week, so I took Wednesday afternoon off and we will hopefully do something fun and I also took Friday off. I will be working the morning canning all my pickles, salsa and tomato sauce!! And in the afternoon, I think we will go kayaking/swimming at Devil’s Lake and maybe take in a movie at the drive-in Friday night!
  • initials1248
    initials1248 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy i... just cant
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @health_guard Yes, I would be disowned if I wasn't. Aren't you in Highlands Ranch?
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, well what can I say, the weekend was a total disaster!
    My carefully planned weekend ended up being a bingefest of the highest order and it's all my OH's fault (that's, my excuse and i'm sticking to it!).
    In my head it was going to go like this -
    Friday - OH out on his bike, I do the housework and have one of my low cal tortilla pizzas.
    Saturday - Lots or errands, shopping, general running about all day, nice chilled evening with a healthy dinner.
    Sunday - OH out on his bike, finish off any gardening etc, go for a run, nice chilled day with a healthy dinner.
    Great right?
    This is the reality -
    Friday - OH calls, he's not going out on his bike, shall we go to the local for drinks and curry? He'll meet me there. I decide one night won't hurt, it is Friday after all and i've been good all week, just be super careful Sat/Sun.
    Saturday - Lots of errands, shopping, general running around, except now I also have to prepare a BBQ as my drunken OH invited half the pub round for the evening - out goes my healthy dinner and instead is replaced by burgers, sausages, kebabs, pasta salad etc and copious amounts of alcohol. And I mean COPIOUS - i'm bloody 40, what am I doing drinking vodka shots for heavens sake?
    Sunday - Nothing gets done, I feel like hell, I am old, I should not be drinking like a 20 year old. The day is spent lounging about with a bottle of water feeling very sorry for myself, barely able to function let alone go for a run.
    So there you have it. A prime example of how my best laid plans can be scuppered so easily. My own fault for having absolutely no willpower I know, but it's just so hard! Must try harder!
    Anyways, i've been really good for the last few days, lets hope this weekend doesn't throw me off course again.
    Keep at it everyone, we'll get there eventually...
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Shy Tell Lexi good luck with her volleyball tryouts. I know how you feel. Cassidy has her first volleyball scrimmage this evening. She is trying to get to play on varsity.

Dana Congrats on selling your house in less than 24 hours. When I hit the lottery flipping houses is what I want to grow up and do.

Rachel Great NSV on the pants fitting better. I know when I was struggling with the scale not moving and was thinking about throwing in the towel one of you guys suggested measuring myself. That is what got me through the urge to throw in the towel.

Joy Your camping trips sound like great fun.

Janet Are you feeling better? That bug sure kicked your *kitten*.

Cari Shake off the weekend it's over and done with. I hate when OH/hubby screws up what we had planned in our heads with other plans.

Well this new AX system at work is still not working correctly. Every time I try to do something that worked in the test program is missing a step in the live program. UGH! I need a vacation. I got the fridge and cabinets cleaned on Saturday. Sunday it rained pretty much all day so I didn't have to help hubby with his side job (my son did) so I trucked up and down the steps all day and did laundry. I don't know how we can wear so little clothing in the summer but have so much laundry. According to the weather lady there will be a front coming in this weekend that will change are weather for the rest of the summer. It is supposed to get rid of the humidity and place temps closer to normal (low 80's). I sure hope she is right cause I done with this 90 with a feels like 100 crap. I would be happy if it was 75 all year long.

SW: 179
    8/5: 167.8
    8/12 164.8
    8/17: 164.3
    GW: 157
  • janetay01
    Options
    @ngolden3320 - sounds like you are having a shocker with this new system. Sounds similar to a setup we've got at work at the moment - new system (all singing all dancing really good once it works properly!) however it's a long way from working properly at the moment and is just causing more work and grief than it is solving at the moment.

Cari - I'm so sorry about your weekend (although your telling of the story did make me laugh so thank you for that :). I hear you on the question of why we drink like 20 year olds when we are double the age - I did it back in June for my 40th (gin cocktails for the record) and spent the rest of the weekend wondering what on earth possessed me.

Joy - coming back to work from a lovely break absolutely sucks, hopefully you've got back into the swing of things now and looking forward to the next one!

Shy - you always have such fun sounding weeks lined up, hope you haven't been too overrun with the acorns!

So I went to the doctor this morning and she has put me on antibiotics for a chest infection and signed me off work for the rest of the week! this sucks but at least it proves me right that this was more than just a cough and a cold. I've been so immobilised over the last few days it's just not funny - husband has been running the house single handed and doing everything with Alistair (he thinks all this daddy time is brilliant of course!) and husband has taught him the words 'mummy poorly' so every time he sees me in a sickly drape somewhere in the house he points at me and says 'mummy poorly'! And my husband arranged to go into work a bit later today so that he could drive me up to the doctor and bring me home - and the price we've paid for that - someone backed into him as he was driving onto the car park at work so we'll be trying to sort out the insurance claim over the next few days. Sometimes, you just can't catch a break!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So I think my body just wants me to by fat. This weekend I started to develop the lovely (not so much) pain in my side which continued to get worse so off I go to the doctor Monday. I ended up with a CT scan yesterday - meaning I had to cancel my lunch date and my pedicure :( ), so today we just wait for the results. She is thinking it is diverticulitis or a cyst on my ovary. What really sucks is I am on a bland/clear liquid diet until it is all figured out. I AM SO HUNGRY and have been unable to workout due to the additional pain. On a positive note, since I am starving the scale is going down some, hehe.

Have a great and positive day everyone. See yea!

@wishfuljulia - love how you have all your workouts planned. Great job.

@rachel0778 - nothing wrong with stepping away from the scale, I sometimes need to do that as well. It can be a fickle beast.

@danan01 - great news about the house, really back news about the flooding. I have been watching it on the news. It is so scary. Good luck with everything.

Shy - we are heading through the Panama Canal on our cruise. Leaving from San Diego and end up in Ft. Lauderdale. Super excited. I love how you talk about your adventures with your family. It sounds like you are always having fun.

Joy - you are another one. What great family time you guys have. My kids are all gotta go to work, my friends, school. I never see them anymore. It is so sad. Enjoy it while you can.

Cari - get right back on the wagon girl you can do it. I am 45 and overtime that happens to me I am the same why; "I am never drinking this much again" I will say I think it has been about 3 years since I have been that bad off.

Nicole - I hate new computer systems. I hope I live near you. I would love to get back to our "normal" weather. This hot/humid crap is killing me.

Janet - what a great husband. Appreciate him for sure. Love the "mummy poorly"
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I want a cheeseburger!!