Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Apparently I can't
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Nichole - Totally. I will be so bloody pleased when that clock strikes 12 at New Year, 2016 has sucked big time!

Oh and don't be fooled, that pic was taken from a very flattering angle lol
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cari - so sorry to hear about the job, you are right - the universe has a warped sense of humour sometimes. I know this is easy to say but hopefully you can use it as an opportunity - I was made redundant years ago and, gutted as I was at the time, in hindsight it was the best thing that could have happened to me. And great attitude on the exercise - you looked like you had a lot of fun on your mud run!

@jdelaroy - you are right about the teeth, he has 4 pushing through at the moment poor lad! He's also on such a development spurt at the moment with his talking so I think there is just too much going on for him right now. He's always been a great sleeper but that's gone in the last week - he clearly wants to get to sleep but can't - so whilst all the development stuff is good, I think he's a bit overwhelmed by it all. Oh and he's learnt how to open the fridge this week - not sure this is a good thing!

Rachel - I had one of those sugar days yesterday, working from home and just ate everything sweet in sight - oh well, today is a new day. Glad you had a fun weekend with your grandma!

Nichole - feel free to vent here, you certainly have due cause at the moment! Hope the week is treating you better and that your fighting teenage girls are sorting themselves out - reading about that just makes me realise that I am better off with the tantrums for now! I might be tempted to smack their heads together given the time you have had - but appreciate that's probably not the done thing!!! Great news about your sister being out of the hospital though - hopefully she's on the mend now.

Not much going on here - feeling a little sleep deprived with a little one who wakes up sobbing at about 3am and 4.30am every night at the moment - hoping this will pass as whatever developmental leap he is in passes! Making good if slow progress on the blanket that I'm sewing for Alistair - will post a pic later as I'm finding that sharing my progress with people keeps me going on it when it all seems a bit too huge. And husband is out tomorrow night for a meal with a bunch of the people that he used to work with - this is quite an event as he's not the most sociable of souls so I will have a rare night in with the tv, the blanket and some nice (healthy of course!) food - assuming I can get Alistair to go to sleep of course :(
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy You're a rockstar for pushing through and completing the race, way to go!

@CariTJR Jeez when it rains, it pours. I'm so sorry to hear about the job news :( There's something else awesome for you out there though. You're looking great in that mud run pic!

@janetay01 Your evening sounds so relaxing. You're inspiring me to try to take up crafting again. I used to love doing projects but I fell off the wagon

So I've been living in my community for over a year now and I've been doing a decent job of making friends and local connections, but I still haven't found a core group of friends yet, just a lot of friend acquaintances. Yesterday I took action! I'm now registered for a 6 week pole dancing class to hopefully meet other women in the community (since I'm the sole girl at my current gym there's not a lot of opportunities to make female friends). I'm also going to go to a Roller Derby informational meeting to see if they might be a good fit too. Hopefully something sticks!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 Sorry that talking to them didn't help. When my sisters would fight all the time, my mom would make us sit in the living room facing each other, and hold hands. We would end up getting bored and start making faces and stuff at each other. I have resorted to this a few times with my kids. However, they aren't teenagers yet. Hang in there.

@CariTJR Well that sucks! I am sorry you lost your job. Hopefully something better will be found quickly. Great job on being productive on your down time.

@janetay01 4 teeth?! Poor guy, no wonder he is cranky and having a hard time sleeping. When my kids had trouble sleeping for more than a couple of days, and were teething I would give them a half dose of children's tylenol. It seemed to help them sleep better. Good luck getting through it, and enjoy your quiet evening.

@Rachel0778 I suck at making new friends, good for you for doing something to actively look for new ones. I had a friend into roller derby, she loved it.

Yesterday, was just a quiet evening, didn't do anything but make, and clean up after dinner. It was a much needed break. This morning started out with Yoga for the abs.. I have no abs, the muscles are now yelling at me.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry, I've totally been MIA (again), but I am BACK now for good. :) Mostly because I have no vacation time until christmas now! haha! I had the best time off to end the summer, it was my birthday and I had a blast. This summer was so fun, I almost felt like crying yesterday on the first day of school! LOL! But honestly, it is going to be very nice to get back into a routine and it was good to get back to the gym again after 2 months off. I'm doing my fav - spin class after work tonight! Yeah!

Holy, it took me a while to catch up on everyone. Nichole - sorry about your sister, thankfully she's out of the woods and back at home, resting. What a stress!

Cari, you look so awesome and so happy with all that mud on you! Totally sucks ballz that you lost your job - I'm sorry!!! That is stressful! What a year, but what can we do but keep moving forward.

Dana, I am totally in the same boat - only I am not sure of the exact number I am up from this summer, but I am sure it's 10 lbs. Last time I weighed, I was at least 6-7 lbs up, and due to my birthday week of indulgence, I'm sure I am up more! But you know what? We can do this! We just need to log everything, and make smart choices. Let's up our water, and fruit and veggies... and just get sweating.

Shy - love it that Lexi made the vball team! And it sounds like you had a fun summer too!

Janetay - oh those tantrums! But brace yourself for older teens! I have said before, I'd rather have colicky triplets than 1 older teenager! (my older son is 21 and I think he may just be coming out of it, but I'm not holding my breath!) And I agree, more sleep will help with Alistair, and also have you tried giving him baby tylenol (not sure if you have that in the UK), but it's liquid, and for fever and pain, it really does help with the teething. I gave it to my kids right before they went to bed, and it helped them sleep through better during the teething!

Jdelroy - hopefully you have found some suitable (and affordable) child care for your kids! That is totally stressful! I know, why is daycare so expensive? I wish it was free for everyone!

Rachel - so glad you had a nice weekend with your gma. I wish I still had my grandma's around, aren't they the most special people in the world!

It sounds like we are all ready for the fall, ready to recommit to our health, and to kick some *kittens!!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    med2141etm1n.jpg

apparently this is me after having so much time off.... all I want is food all the time! LOL!!
  • janetay01
    Options
    Joy - a number of people are warning me about the teen years, I'm glad at this point that I have a long time to go to get there! We have Calpol in this country which is great for teething pain, fevers etc so we always have a stock of that in the house. We did better last night - no tears in the period between getting him home and getting him into bed and a quick peek in the mouth showed that the 4 teeth have pushed through the skin now so hopefully the most painful bit has passed. And he didn't wake crying over night - woohoo! I'm loving the sound of your summer - sounds like you've had an absolute blast. But I'm with you - I'm looking forward to the autumn and getting myself back on track - hope the spin class went well.

Jen - ha, I know the problem of no abs! I've started doing some abs workouts from my phone app during the lunchtimes when I'm working from home - it's near enough killing me but I tell myself that it might actually be doing me some good as well - she says hopefully :)

Rachel - good for you on hunting out new friends. I'm awful at it - I have a very small group of good friends (all of whom seemed able to see past the fact that I'm terrible at talking to people I don't know!) but I really have to be pushed in social circles to talk to new people. Let us know how you got on at Roller Derby - that sounds like fun!

Not much going on here - looking forward to my quiet evening in. Enjoy your days all.
  • janetay01
    Options
    eqbwk0fbm112.jpeg

Blanket progress!
  • turtlemama68
    turtlemama68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a core group. I am about 2 weeks into a renewed focus on health and tracking. My daughter was diagnosed recently with diabetes and is also very overweight. I want so much to change things for our family, but its hard. I am a single mom, work crazy hours and have very little help. It's hard to stay focussed and motivated... and not get depressed.
    Does this group have name? How do I see it in my community?
  • janetay01
    Options
    @turtlemama68 - welcome! There is no group as such - just this thread full of supportive people. Come back, post often - your successes, your slip ups, what's going on in your life etc etc. Probably the easiest way to keep track of the thread is to save the link to your favourites or you can bookmark it (click the little star to the rigth of the thread on the board - I've just done it but I've no idea how it actually works - thoughts anybody?). Anyway, come back and talk to us often - we're a good bunch :)
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @jdelaroy Making friends is hard! I live in MN and everyone seems to still have the same core group of friends they've had since high school. Here's to hoping there's at least one other transplant I can bond with!

@bluepoppies777 Welcome back! Glad you had a blast for your birthday. How was spin class?

@janetay01 I'll keep you posted! That blanket is absolutely gorgeous, you're making great progress

@turtlemama68 Welcome! Hit the star button on the top of the page to put the group thread in your favorites and post as much as you'd like :) It'll notify you anytime someone else posts in the group when you log into the community

@health_guard Ice hockey sounds like so much fun! Making new connections as an adult is frustrating. I miss being in school with tons of people in the same age range as me all day. It made finding new friends so easy

Nothing new to report here. I snuggled on the couch with the puppy and read last night, which was so relaxing. I love getting lost in a new book. Half the time lately I've been feeling really body positive, but then any time I see an old picture of myself at a lower weight I get envious. Comparison really is the stealer of joy :/

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Holy crap.. this week has gotten away from me!! My days are flying!!
    Welcome Amanda! Don’t let it get you done. Focus on a small goal at a time… Little picture… turns into big picture!
    Jane: Yikes… Christmas talk already! LOL! I hear you though… you really need to plan and budget for those things! Glad you had a great time off! Don’t you wish kids had instructions… that would be a life saver! Hope you got some more accomplished on the blanket… Love the picture of the blacnket it is beautiful!!
    Nicole: Prayers still for your sister, glad she is doing better!! Pry two teeneage girls with TOM as well… that makes for a bad week. =)
    JenHul: Love the schedule!
    Rachel: Weekend was awesome… Way to get back at it after grandma’s! =) Way to go… Put yourself out there and you are bound to meet some women… You are braver than I! Way to go!! I stayed up way too late the other night with a good book!! Love reading!
    Cari: Love the picture! So sorry about the job situation… Yikes! Prayers for something you love to come along! Looks like you enjoyed the mud run… And hope focusing on exercising helps you stay on track and gives you motivation!!
    Joy: Happy Birthday!!! I’m out of vacation for awhile now too!! =) “sucks ballz”… my twin for sure!! I would so say that! Love the cartoon… so me!
    Turtlemama: Welcome!!!
    Health_guard: Yikes… guess you are catching up on some much needed sleep…
    Sorry I’ve been MIA! This week has seriously got away from me!!! My weekend was great! Last hoorah of summer! Friday we laid low and packed up for the weekend… Sat. mornign, my sister, Lexi and I went to a area craft fair… then off to the river kayaking with the boys. Sat. night went to the drive-in with a bunch of friends! Sunday, helped weed the garden at my folks, more kayaking at the lake, then off for a bonfire… Monday, Lexi and I went to my folks again and she had a friends over there as well and we 4-wheeled and hung out with family! This week, I have been focusing on all my loot from my parents garden… We froze a bunch of green peppers, canned 9 qts of apple pie filling, made an apple pie and did 8 qts of Dill pickles! Tonight I am off to a volleyball game.. I wish I had more motivation to get up and get my workout in in the morning!! Ugh! My fitbit broke over the weekend and I am hoping they send me a repalcement as it isn’t that old. So I’m disappointed I don’t have that to focus on! This weekend, I have no plans! Babysitting the neighbors puppy on Sat. night so that will be fun. She plays really well with Bentley. Hope you all have a great week and I will check in tomorrow!! Promise!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 Sounds like a good time. It will be great to see you on more often.

@janetay01 My abs are still killing me. Gah! Glad little guy felt better last night, hope it keeps up. How was your quiet night?

@turtlemama68 Welcome to the group, just jump on in. I was a single mom of 3 kids for a few years, and it can be very difficult. One thing that I have found that helps me tremendously is pre-planning meals for the weak/grocery shopping on that. I utilize my crock pot 3-4 times a week, and have a designated leftover night. There are a couple of great threads in the recipe section for slow cooker meals.

@health_guard I missed this semester too. Between moving, car accident, and day care issues I just didn't get my act together on time. Next semester. Have you looked into online classes?

@rachel0778 I just have problems making friends. I tend to be blunt, which means some crazy things come out of my mouth at times, and overly cautious when it comes to asking about personal stuff. I love a good book!

@ngolden3320 Just a hi, hang in there, and wishing you the best.

@ShyCush6 sounds like a fantastic time, I want some apple pie please.

My evening was spent eating not so great (remained under calories) and watching the Broncos barely win.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @jdelaroy Eating under calories is always a win, way to go!

@health_guard Work schedules always make things difficult, especially since you're juggling school too

@ShyCush6 A weekend with no plans?! What are you going to do with yourself? lol

Thank god it's Friday. Seriously this has been the longest week ever. It's been a constant swarm at work since both of my coworkers have been out of the office. Tonight the SO is taking me out to a local one act play competition which I'm really excited for. Hope everyone else is having an awesome weekend too.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    juvw1ja7w59z.jpg
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Football Football and more Football is my next two months! I have two kids in Football so Monday to Sat I'll be at the field/games, bonus thou on practice nights I walk around and around the football field and get lots of steps! lol
  • janetay01
    Options
    Shy - seriously, that sounds like a truly hectic and busy few days if really nice. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! And yes please to some apple pie :)

@health_guard - sorry to hear about the sleeping in, I did it earlier this week and it really throws my day out. At least you have an understanding work!

Rachel - snuggled on the sofa with the puppy and a good book sounds great.

So, how was my quiet night?? Mixed! Alistair decided that bedtime without daddy was worthy of a mega, mega meltdown - took my ages to calm him down enough to read him his bedtime stories then after I got him to bed, he periodically woke up whimpering for daddy :(. So to counter all of that, I consoled myself with far too much food (not good, it's not my usual response to eat when I'm stressed) but it's also TOM which isn't helping. And then husband got home shortly after midnight - why do boys never come home quietly??? So anyways! My diary yesterday was an absolute disaster and I'm tired today but at least it's Friday. Hair cut and swimming with Alistair tomorrow then house cleaning on Sunday - happy weekend all!

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread! But I just wanted to check in and say hey, I'm still here. :)

I'm frustrated; I have been in a plateau now for about 3 months, and I think it's time for a change. My boyfriend thinks I may have overestimated my calories, but I just got my BF percentage done, and I work out between 5-6 hours a week, so I don't think my calorie count is unreasonable, I think it's down to weighing food.

For instance, last night, my boyfriend made grilled pork tenderloin (which we've had plenty of times), and roasted potatoes with parmesan. When I asked if he weighed the potatoes, he said no, so I ended up having to "guess" how many ounces of potatoes I was eating. I told him this morning, I need to weigh everything, because I have a feeling I'm eating at maintenance, and that's why I haven't seen any progress.

It's tough; how do you guys handle plateaus?
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @health_guard - I lift 3-4 times a week, go to spin class once a week, go to yoga once a week, and I'm swimming once a week. When I lift, I do supersets, so I really get my heart-rate up. I've been doing these supersets for about 7 weeks now. I am trying to increase my weights. On Tuesday, I squatted (past tense?) 135lbs for 60 reps.