Options
2»

Replies

• Goatsmith
    Goatsmith Posts: 29 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    As for suppliments:

No weight loss suppliments are worth the money. They either don't work, or they don't work very well, and both of those cases are money better spent on time at the gym, or on healthy food, or both.

What works for me:

Focus on easy-to-count meals, so think "a couple full meals". SKip the snacking totally. It's way too easy for me to derail myself by trying to do many small meals.

Figure your calories like a budget. You start the day wit XYZ budget, every time you eat you're spending your budget. If you overdo it, you need to "pay it off". That means exercise. Tis actually can work in your favor if you tend to do food as a social ting, though, because if you know in advance that you're going to probably eat more on, say, saturday? You set aside some time before or after to build up your "credit".

Also, as hard as it sounds from the start? Try to build a habit. Until you've got the habits built, forget about "cheat days". Try to go a month solid without cheating, logging everything. If you can do it for a month, then you've got some momentum behind you and you can keep it up easier. For now, though, focus on te first week, then the first month, etc.

• bblue656
    bblue656 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone, you just have to find the routine that fits your lifestyle.
    See for me, I prep my lunch for work and snacks at work the night before. And when I get to work, i log onto MFP
    and log EVERYTHING i prepped, and what i will be eating for dinner. Then completely my diary. I don't stray from it.
    Every morning I have a set schedule through out the week as for what workout i'm doing. Always 45 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of weight lifting ( m -f ) and 60 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight lifting on Saturday. Sunday being a rest day. That's what works for me, and it might be too soft or too intense for some people. You just gotta roll with what you feel comfortable with and it will come off :)
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you again to all who helped. Which I feel it DID HELP. I've committed to logging and end with a small deficit. I am grateful there was no judgement about the supplements comment, but I am feeling desperate. I just need to settle down and try harder.