Trying to get Cut

Options
I'm 20 years old I weigh 160, I'm trying to get cut . I'm working out 6 times a week I was wondering how much calories should I be taking in to get cut instead of bulk

Replies

• FelonE1
    FelonE1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use a site called Freedieting.com it has a good calorie calculator
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you posted this in the Gaining Weight thread, you may get more advice in the diet thread.

Secondly; enter you weight and weight loss goal (1lb a week is a good rate) on here and eat the allotted calories. Keep protein relatively high (1g/lb of lean mass) and keep weight lifting to preserve muscle mass.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Firstly, you posted this in the Gaining Weight thread, you may get more advice in the diet thread.

Secondly; enter you weight and weight loss goal (1lb a week is a good rate) on here and eat the allotted calories. Keep protein relatively high (1g/lb of lean mass) and keep weight lifting to preserve muscle mass.

It's ok. We tend to use this section to cover all things bulks/cuts outside of those just losing weight. It's more bodybuilding. I should probably get the name changed to reflect that though.

OP, how many calories were you consuming during your bulk? How much weight did you gain per week on average?
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Gender? Height?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

It's ok. We tend to use this section to cover all things bulks/cuts outside of those just losing weight. It's more bodybuilding. I should probably get the name changed to reflect that though.

Noted thanks.