Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Trying to get Cut

I'm 20 years old I weigh 160, I'm trying to get cut . I'm working out 6 times a week I was wondering how much calories should I be taking in to get cut instead of bulk

Replies

• FelonE1
    FelonE1 Posts: 96 Member
    I use a site called Freedieting.com it has a good calorie calculator
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Firstly, you posted this in the Gaining Weight thread, you may get more advice in the diet thread.

Secondly; enter you weight and weight loss goal (1lb a week is a good rate) on here and eat the allotted calories. Keep protein relatively high (1g/lb of lean mass) and keep weight lifting to preserve muscle mass.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Firstly, you posted this in the Gaining Weight thread, you may get more advice in the diet thread.

Secondly; enter you weight and weight loss goal (1lb a week is a good rate) on here and eat the allotted calories. Keep protein relatively high (1g/lb of lean mass) and keep weight lifting to preserve muscle mass.

It's ok. We tend to use this section to cover all things bulks/cuts outside of those just losing weight. It's more bodybuilding. I should probably get the name changed to reflect that though.

OP, how many calories were you consuming during your bulk? How much weight did you gain per week on average?
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Gender? Height?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    psulemon wrote: »

It's ok. We tend to use this section to cover all things bulks/cuts outside of those just losing weight. It's more bodybuilding. I should probably get the name changed to reflect that though.

Noted thanks.