Sugar Fast....

Options

Replies

• Spears1354
    Spears1354 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    not good for you... hard to lose weight while using it... You just plain feel better physically without it... Mind over Matter- show that You are in control and not the Sugar.... Step Away From the Sugar!!! Seriously it's the ending of day 14 and I think its like another hurdle to get over. I think I dreamed about sugar last night... lol... I dreamed about that little bitty 1" brownie I put in the freezer during one of the first days on this Challenge. You know what though? I do feel better! I do feel more in Control! inches are falling really good right now. I can tell by my clothes. This is definitely doing me some good so I'm not giving up... Day 14 was a Success!
  • 1fitwong
    1fitwong Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Spears1354 wrote: »
    Day 14 was a Success!

Congrats! 2 weeks!
  • Spears1354
    Options
    Day 15... Done! Made it!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well done! My day 15 is over too. Bring on the next two weeks of sugar free living!
  • cobber01
    cobber01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In. So easy to mindlessly consume sugar!
  • Spears1354
    Options
    Day 16 Done! Made it!
  • ChaleGirl
    Options
    @Spears1354 what are you going to do when the challenge is over? Will you continue for longer or start to introduce sugar again in moderation? I've been thinking about that and what's sustainable. I definitely don't want to go back to how I was before. I was thinking I might do the first two weeks of November and then try maybe just having sugar at special occasions eg birthdays, parties, Christmas etc. All I know is I feel too good to go back!
  • ChaleGirl
    Options
    Welcome @cobber01! So true it's lurking everywhere!
  • summerlee00
    summerlee00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think I'd like to join! I've tried to do a sugar fast in the past and have failed miserably in the first week. I'll need your help, if that's alright.
  • Spears1354
    Options
    ChaleGirl wrote: »
    @Spears1354 what are you going to do when the challenge is over? Will you continue for longer or start to introduce sugar again in moderation? I've been thinking about that and what's sustainable. I definitely don't want to go back to how I was before. I was thinking I might do the first two weeks of November and then try maybe just having sugar at special occasions eg birthdays, parties, Christmas etc. All I know is I feel too good to go back!

I totally agree with you. I feel too good to go back to the way it was. I've been thinking about this also. I think I will definitely have something Chocolate on Nov 1rst...lol...probably that tiny brownie in the freezer also...haha... then I think what I'd like to try is pretty much staying most days like we're doing now but possibly pick one day out of the week that I can treat myself to something sweet if I really want it. if not then the next time I really want something I will have it... once I do eat something sweet then I have to wait another week, etc.... does this make sense? I was thinking that this way, with the holidays approaching, I can kind of manage to hold off for those days if need be so I can have that piece of pie on Thanksgiving, etc... Day 17 Done! :smiley:
  • ChaleGirl
    Options
    That sounds sensible. I think I'm going to stick to just special occasions. I would love to steer clear of alcohol completely though, but given how often I drink, I'm not sure that will be possible lol!
    Day 18 - done. It is getting much easier as time goes by. Im grateful that it isn't really an issue at the moment.
  • Spears1354
    Options
    day 18 done! also grateful that this isn't an issue anymore... feels good! i didn't get anything right except this one! my day was so bad yet i had no trouble keeping this challenge.
  • Spears1354
    Options
    Day 19 Done! Made it!
  • tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'd love to join in on this but we're nearly at the end of the month. Would anyone mind if I just reduced my sugar for the next week with all of you so I'm not going totally cold turkey, then start up a new challenge in November?
  • ChaleGirl
    Options
    Hey @tolkienite!
    Feel free to do whatever works for you. We are on day 22 today, depending on timezone (I think). I'm not sure what's going to happen in November. I have a few birthdays and so presume I will eat sugar on the special occasions, but otherwise I defo want to continue being sugar free!
    Welcome! :)
  • Spears1354
    Options
    Day 20 Done... Made it!
  • ChaleGirl
    Options
    For some reason I'm craving a fizzy drink. Think I haven't drank enough water today so I've bought some sparkling water and some limes. Will make my own refreshing drink!
  • Spears1354
    Options
    Day 21 Done... Today I was just really hungry all day but I made it on the Sugar Fasting part! :smiley:
  • Spears1354
    Options
    Day 22 Done! Made it!
  • Just_Kisha
    Just_Kisha Posts: 189 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I just found this post but I would like to join. I had a lot of sugar today....so tomorrow it is :D