Golo 'Release' Anybody tried it?

Golo 'Release' Anybody tried it?
https://www.golo.com/?variant=b

I woke up at 2am one night,couldn't sleep, and turned on the tv as this infomerical was starting. What they were saying made a lot of sense to me, and it sounded as if they were talking about my specific weight problem,so I decided to buy it. Starting it today, and fingers crossed, hope it helps. I know there's no magic pill to lose weight and stay healthy, but if this can assist me, I will be thankful.

Just curious, has anybody tried this or had success with it? Thanks

Replies

• morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    I appreciate the responses,and opinions, but I hope to hear from People who have tried it.
  • cjej126
    cjej126 Posts: 1 Member
    So how is it going? I've only been at this (MFP) one week. Just trying to figure things out.
    We all try something.... hope that works for you.
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    cjej126 wrote: »
    So how is it going? I've only been at this (MFP) one week. Just trying to figure things out.

I certainly don't think it will hurt,my food intake is terrible from terrible sources. Took the pill about 2.5 hours with small breakfast,so far,no hunger,I took it with a 20oz water, and have been nursing a cup of coffee for 90 minutes,so,some combination is holding me over, normally with a real light breakfast,I am starting to get hungry around 11:30. Today's lunch, 2 hardboiled eggs,celery,carrots,and peanut butter
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    morf13 wrote: »
    Weight loss is simple mathematics - taking in fewer calories than you burn.

Of course,I understand that,but there's obviously differences in one person's Body to another person's,and their metabolism is different. What reasons can cause these differences? For example, I work with a Guy that leads a sedentary lifestyle like me, and we will both eat the same bad things at the same times, I continue to gain weight, and he can't put on weight and has resorted to drinking shakes to gain. Neither of us exercises like we should, yet,we have completely different outcomes.

I like MFP because you can track your exercise & calories, and I agree, burn more calories then you take in,and you should lose weight. But the reason I even tried these pills is, because the weight seems to add on me very quickly yet is hard to shed. I guess I am looking for anything as an aide to my weight loss.

Do you want to be spending money on these pills the rest of your life? Because like most of these late night products and work out fads, most people just bloat back to their original weight once they stop because they don't learn anything. Once you stop taking the pills and your old appetite comes back, you won't have learned how to control and regulate yourself and will binge eat.

Do it right, do it slow and do it permanently. I've done many crash diets and failed because I wanted to keep my lifestyle the same. Only now when I'm working towards a better and healthier eating habit does it feel like I can keep the weight off. I tried to binge eat a dinner the other day, and just couldn't come close to eating how much I use to, and I've only been at this for around 40 days. I have a long way to go, but I definitely feel like I have changed for the better with my eating habits instead of relying on a crutch to cover up the main issue, which is just that I had no idea how little my body actually needed compared to these massive serving sizes are available to us.
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Weight loss is simple mathematics - taking in fewer calories than you burn.

Of course,I understand that,but there's obviously differences in one person's Body to another person's,and their metabolism is different. What reasons can cause these differences? For example, I work with a Guy that leads a sedentary lifestyle like me, and we will both eat the same bad things at the same times, I continue to gain weight, and he can't put on weight and has resorted to drinking shakes to gain. Neither of us exercises like we should, yet,we have completely different outcomes.

I like MFP because you can track your exercise & calories, and I agree, burn more calories then you take in,and you should lose weight. But the reason I even tried these pills is, because the weight seems to add on me very quickly yet is hard to shed. I guess I am looking for anything as an aide to my weight loss.

Is he younger than you? Is he tall? He may be more active than he lets on. All those things factor into how many calories HIS body needs to sustain life vs how many YOUR body needs. There are many, many more factors than just the ones I mentioned. You cannot compare yourself to anyone else.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    cjej126 wrote: »

I certainly don't think it will hurt,my food intake is terrible from terrible sources. Took the pill about 2.5 hours with small breakfast,so far,no hunger,I took it with a 20oz water, and have been nursing a cup of coffee for 90 minutes,so,some combination is holding me over, normally with a real light breakfast,I am starting to get hungry around 11:30. Today's lunch, 2 hardboiled eggs,celery,carrots,and peanut butter

I'm not commenting on the useless woo pills, but why are you eating so little? You said you had a small breakfast, and then for lunch you only had two eggs, some veggies, and peanut butter? What's your calorie goal for the day?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I disagree with most of the posters here, I think its pretty important to release your golos now and again.

Well, yeah... they do need to air out.