I'll show you my pumpkin recipes if you show me yours!

Options
2»

Replies

• ccbuchanan883
    ccbuchanan883 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just Roast Pumpkin in the oven with Roast vegetables sprinkles (spice mix). Mix with a stick mixer and add some water (to taste) and you will have the creamiest and tastiest pumpkin soup, why make it harder that it is :)
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Smoothie:

VERY DELICIOUS.

1 cup pumpkin purée
    1 large ripe banana
    1 cup unsweetened soymilk or coconut milk beverage
    1 tablespoon honey
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    5 ice cubes

(Taken from Whole Foods http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/pumpkin-pie-smoothie)
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few pumpkin pancake recipes out there. I adapted several of them to make my own version. I made this this weekend and they were scrumptious. Feel free to try them or adapt them however you like. :)

Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes- Yield: 12 pancakes

Ingredients

• 1½ cups buttermilk
    • 1 cup pumpkin puree
    • 1/3 cup eggbeaters
    • 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
    • 1 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 cup whey protein powder
    • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
    • 2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • ½ teaspoon ground ginger
    • ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
    • ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
    • ½ teaspoon salt

1. In a bowl, mix together 1½ cups buttermilk, pumpkin, egg, and butter. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
    2. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine. Add extra buttermilk if the batter is too thick.
    3. Let batter rest on the counter for 15-20 minutes.
    4. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. , and then scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake. Flip when bubbles form and pop, and when a lifted edge is golden brown.
    5. Serve warm with maple syrup and butter.

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 12.0 (1 pancake)
    Amount Per Serving calories 114
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 2g 4 % Total Carbohydrate 15g 5 %
    Saturated Fat 1g 7 % Dietary Fiber 1g 4 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g Sugars 6g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Protein 8g 16 %
    Trans Fat 0g Vitamin A 38 %
    Cholesterol 7mg 2 % Vitamin C 1 %
    Sodium 281mg 12 % Calcium 7 %
    Potassium 18mg 1 % Iron 2 %

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Bump. I bought a 16 pounds cheese pumpkin and so far all I can think of doing with it is a pumpkin pecan cheesecake and some pumpkin soup (might try those pumpkin rolls though).
  • restrict_ed
    restrict_ed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a pumpkin soup recipe I love. It's very simple and low in calories.

~ a cup of canned pumpkin purée
    ~ a cup of unsweetened almond milk
    ~ a teaspoon of onion powder
    ~ a quarter of a teaspoon of salt
    ~ a packet of Splenda

Just blend it together then simmer on the stove until bubbling and hot. Stir it continueously, watch closely and don't let it burn. A meduim to medium high heat is what I use.

It's very thick, creamy, and filling

Around 70 calories a cup, 140 for the whole recipe.
  • KateQuattro
    KateQuattro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OMG I'M HAVING A WHITE GIRL MOMENT READING THESE.

Saving this post for later! :p
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    You guys are so fancy. Lately I have just been opening a 29 oz can of pure pumpkin, adding 1.5Tbls of pumpkin pie spice, 1/3 cup of powdered Swerve, a pinch of salt and just eating it straight like that or dipping my pumpkin spice cake into it. Tastes like delicious.
  • Francl27
    Options
    This was breakfast. Tasty! Can easily use pumpkin instead of squash, obviously.

http://www.agardenforthehouse.com/2013/10/butternut-squash-pancakes/
  • firlena227
    firlena227 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    These all sound good... re the canned pumpkin, is this just cooked pureed pumpkin? I'm in England & I've never seen it for sale canned, but there are whole pumpkins for sale everywhere and really cheap, so thinking I could just chop boil & puree it myself?
  • Francl27
    edited October 2016
    Options
    firlena227 wrote: »
    These all sound good... re the canned pumpkin, is this just cooked pureed pumpkin? I'm in England & I've never seen it for sale canned, but there are whole pumpkins for sale everywhere and really cheap, so thinking I could just chop boil & puree it myself?

Yeah it's the same (I roast it).
  • Cheerios0392
    Cheerios0392 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yum.. the pumpkin latte sounds so good. I made a pumpkin pie on the weekend.. never had one before and had been meaning to try it! Im in Australia so it's not readily available. It was so delicious. I think I'm gonna be obsessed for a while.. I'm already planning to make another one next weekend omggg
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin soup.

1 small butternut pumpkin (or any other kind will do)
    about 3 large potatoes
    2 onions
    1 carrot
    chicken or vegetable stock (stock cubes will do)
    1large tin creamed corn (400g I think)
    1 small container (200ml) sour cream
    Spices - paprika, cayenne pepper, to taste

dice all fresh vegetables and then cook on stove top or in slow cooker in stock and water to cover until vegetables soft enough to mash.
    Mash with a hand held blender or in food processor or with fork or potato masher
    Then add tin of creamed corn and sour cream and spices and stir until all mixed through.

Very easy.

Exact quantities do not matter - 2 carrots or 4 potatoes or the exact size of the pumpkin - slightly different results still taste as good.