Apple Watch users

Options

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes please! I think I am using my gmail.com address [edited by mods] (don't want to type it out, in case of crawlers/spam). If it's not that it's icloud.com user [edited by mods].
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Chez doesnt work bc it said mail. It actually [edited by mods]
  • MelanieCN77
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Now I can start getting self conscious about my move goal :D
    Also I just got up, don't judge my rings or lack thereof.
  • Misspinklift
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Now I can start getting self conscious about my move goal :D
    Also I just got up, don't judge my rings or lack thereof.

[edited by mods - please do not ask others to post their personal contact information on the open boards]
  • Misspinklift
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jfrye85 wrote: »
    I'm in!

[edited by mods - please do not ask others to post their personal contact information on the open boards]
  • MelanieCN77
    edited January 2017
    Options
    [edited by mods]

Paranoid about bot crawling for email addresses even though this is a closed forum, so sorry for the format.
  • Misspinklift
    edited January 2017
    Options
    [edited by mods]

Paranoid about bot crawling for email addresses even though this is a closed forum, so sorry for the format.

Oh I got you then. Don't worry so much. I met some real nice ppl so far.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Oh I'm sure the people here are fine, I just know that writing emails out can get you spam sometimes.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    True.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have met some great people from this group. It helps me to keep going to see how everyone is getting to their goals when I'm not. @MelanieCN77 I'll try to send you a sharing request
  • brileylmt
    Options
    Im going to try to add those from this group that I have not yet. (I have been slow in my friend finding, sorry) My account will come from a gmail
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    What kind of workouts do you guys all do, and how do you have your watch log? I do intervals on the treadmill to hopefully assist me in the kind of endurance I need for roller derby. I'm using "indoor walk" even though I run for about half the time. As I'm not running I don't feel like "indoor run" would be right either. Sometimes I let the watch pick it up without starting a workout. Wondering if there is a difference in how it tracks and which is most accurate overall. Apple keep the exact way it calculates things fairly secret it seems.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    Work out videos and stationary bike
  • brileylmt
    Options
    I do primarily workout videos. I do take some walks outside on nice days. I select outdoor walk or strength training on the apple watch when I want to count the workout. I mainly use it to mark that I have done a workout. I am not needing to get specific with tracking what type of workout I am doing to compare to any other workout. I want to track that I am working out.
  • chez1230
    chez1230 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I do gym classes, body pump, body fit and clubbercise. Love it. Thanks for the add guys, bring the challenges on!!! :)
  • jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm walking/hiking & doing some weights. Just finishing out my fun summer workouts - kayaking/cycling. Hoping to get back into cross-country skiing this winter.

I'm finding the watch tracking to be problematic - if I select "outdoor walk" and walk for an hour, it may only give me 15 minutes workout credit. I am walking briskly, working up a sweat, & get my heart rate elevated. It's frustrating when I'm trying to close that circle! If I select "outdoor, other", I'll get full credit for the time, but too much credit for calories burned. I need a happy medium!
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    I'd like to see them update the workouts, it's possible we need to look for third party apps in the meantime. In particular I'd love something apart from "other" to track my free weights workouts. One thing to check if you don't think you are getting credit is if your heart rate is truly up as consistently as you think, and the Cardiogram app is pretty good for sessions of continuous monitoring so you can investigate.

"Other" you can set to go, sit on your butt, and it will give you credit for every minute at a 4mph brisk walk. Is it measuring anything else? Giving you credit on the exercise ring is, best I can understand, based on you reaching a percentage of your resting heart rate, but how it figures what that is for any of us I do not know.

For outdoor walk/run, unless you have the new watch, taking your phone with you is important for the GPS.

I wish Apple would be more forthcoming with how they measure, but they are very vague. People are already learning how to cheat the system and while I understand they want to keep us honest, I feel like that should be up to us as they're not responsible for my health, I am. I don't want max credit for my effort, I just want to know it's accurate.
  • rescuedelta8
    rescuedelta8 Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've added a few of you on here. Add me if you want:
    [edited by mods]
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Message me for my Apple ID - I'll add the ones listed here!
  • Fit4Life_62
    Fit4Life_62 Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sounds like a great way for added motivation, accountability and fun to me. Count me in too please!
    My Apple ID / e-mail is: [edited by mods] , if you want to add me.