Tips from a Guy who dropped 180lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is motivation. I have chronic migraine headaches and can't workout or eat some days. When I do feel well enough to workout I have no motivation I want to workout but it seems that it's pointless because I can't do it consistently. Any advice?

I have a post coming for you shortly, sent you a friends request add me and go back through my wall and you will see it and many other post I've done.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress!
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    akf2000 wrote: »
    This person has earned 2,788 calories logging their exercise (must have been something quite intense).

Calories In:1,977
    Calories Out: 2,788 + Daily allowance of 1,423 = 4,211

4,211 - 1,977 = 2,234

Honestly, I want to know what has he been doing to burn that amount. Must have been super vigorous and super long.

i have a hard time trusting my fitbit HR

for example, tues and thurs are big calorie burning days for me. i do 30 minutes cardio in the morning, weight lift, then regular walking around at work which usually puts me at about a deficit of 400. those night i play about 90 minutes of basketball and when i finish that up im at a 1300-1600 cal deficit.

some days i get upwards of about 1800-1900 calories burned which just seems ridiculous to me

I train about 120-240 minutes a day depending on what type of training I have that day. I then swim for about 30 minutes, sometimes squeeze in a run for about 20-30 minutes at night and I burn about 1100-1400 calories. I think HRM with a chest strap gives somewhat accurate calorie burn than an activity tracker with HR.

You know, my fitbit blaze is actually just as accurate as any hr monitor (chest strap) I've used, the numbers are near identical. Just remember to wear it high on your wrist... About 3 fingers from our your wrist bone.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    leann8939 wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I think he said I'd lose better with my calories up because of my workouts.

Completely agree with the protein powder! I'll look into the kind you mentioned and "Vega" which is plant based. I hate the flavor and they are loaded with crap.
    Salsa and tortillas are homemade so no secret crap and the almond/flax milks are unsweetened.
    Great idea about the coconut oil. I'll add some in somewhere.
    I guess I'm too full from all the water too!

I'm just 6 weeks in, so I'm sure my appetite will increase more with the million squats and rep after rep of weights.

Thanks again!
    Leann

Honestly, my biggest tip, the single thing that helped me the most is, get tested for sleep apnea. If you have it (and it's common if you are over weight) wear the mask (CPAP machine) at night... It really will change your life... Other than that, how I started and this was my Docs advice, I wouldn't eat anything after 6p and I would go on a walk after dinner.... The battle is fought in the kitchen and gym, but it's won first in the mind

@JstTheWayIam I agree with you about the CPAP based on my experience after using one for 12 years.

cpapcentral.com/online-store/product/344/5/dreamweartrade-nasal-mask-fitpack-with-headgear?keyword=%2Bdreamwear%20%2Bcpap%20%2Bmask&gclid=Cj0KEQjw1ee_BRD3hK6x993YzeoBEiQA5RH_BOthtSdwesLqagEQ0dLoqskmabvypy3YV1rOo9v1k-UaAncL8P8HAQ

I slept 13 hours last night without getting up last night accidentally. I have fought with CPAP masks for 12 years. This new Dreamwear mask is the best I have found. I provided the link above because it contains some videos but I got my off Amazon for $60. I did order a new light weight hose as well.

When I got home UPS had delivered it yesterday go I got it out and read how to set it up and how it should fit. The medium wide nasal piece made it large enough to fit my head. A 4 pm I got in bed just to test it for a few minutes because I needed to go spray some Roundup before dark. I woke at sundown and said screw it and fell back to sleep. I did wake up a few more times but always fell right back to sleep. After 13 hours I decided I needed not put off going to the bathroom any longer. It was 5 am.
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great progress, thanks for sharing!
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options

Completely agree with the protein powder! I'll look into the kind you mentioned and "Vega" which is plant based. I hate the flavor and they are loaded with crap.
    Salsa and tortillas are homemade so no secret crap and the almond/flax milks are unsweetened.

I'm just 6 weeks in, so I'm sure my appetite will increase more with the million squats and rep after rep of weights.

Thanks again!
    Leann

Honestly, my biggest tip, the single thing that helped me the most is, get tested for sleep apnea. If you have it (and it's common if you are over weight) wear the mask (CPAP machine) at night... It really will change your life... Other than that, how I started and this was my Docs advice, I wouldn't eat anything after 6p and I would go on a walk after dinner.... The battle is fought in the kitchen and gym, but it's won first in the mind

@JstTheWayIam I agree with you about the CPAP based on my experience after using one for 12 years.

cpapcentral.com/online-store/product/344/5/dreamweartrade-nasal-mask-fitpack-with-headgear?keyword=%2Bdreamwear%20%2Bcpap%20%2Bmask&gclid=Cj0KEQjw1ee_BRD3hK6x993YzeoBEiQA5RH_BOthtSdwesLqagEQ0dLoqskmabvypy3YV1rOo9v1k-UaAncL8P8HAQ

I slept 13 hours last night without getting up last night accidentally. I have fought with CPAP masks for 12 years. This new Dreamwear mask is the best I have found. I provided the link above because it contains some videos but I got my off Amazon for $60. I did order a new light weight hose as well.

When I got home UPS had delivered it yesterday go I got it out and read how to set it up and how it should fit. The medium wide nasal piece made it large enough to fit my head. A 4 pm I got in bed just to test it for a few minutes because I needed to go spray some Roundup before dark. I woke at sundown and said screw it and fell back to sleep. I did wake up a few more times but always fell right back to sleep. After 13 hours I decided I needed not put off going to the bathroom any longer. It was 5 am.

Wow, lol... I so could use that myself. When I first got mine and used it, I woke up singing the next day... Think mine needs to be readjusted... 180lbs and I never could get rid of the apnea.
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Drawoc wrote: »
    Great progress, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for adding me
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

Thanks again!
    Leann

Wow, lol... I so could use that myself. When I first got mine and used it, I woke up singing the next day... Think mine needs to be readjusted... 180lbs and I never could get rid of the apnea.

You have done well with your weight loss. We all know the importance of macros and calories but for some of us that are other factors we have to address. Lack of sleep for any reason is negative for weigh, heart disease, dementia, type 2 diabetes, cancer, etc.

My Ultra Mirage II nasal mask as awesome when new but the plastic was failing and the head band was shot. Thursday I finally when by the home health store where I had purchased it years ago and their signs had been pulled down so I just came home and started looking online for any option and the Respironics DreamWear option popped up and I knew I had to spend $60 to check it out. I paid $9 for Saturday deliver and am glad I did. If it goes well tonight I will order another one and set it up for one of my spares so I do not have to move my home set up when I go on the road from time to time. I may not need it but I ordered a large size frame for $18 that is coming my snail mail and I will test it. With it I think the medium size nasal part by be fine. The manual is below and talks about the different sizes and how to fit them correctly. I have a very large head and weight 200 and the medium with wide medium nasal part worked ok but it should be a Medium based on the manual diagram. The DreamWear mask left NO marks on my face last night. Best of continued success. I am now thinking my weight is not the cause of my need for a CPAP either.

directhomemedical.com/masks-cpap-bipap/dreamwear-nasal-cpap-mask-instructions.pdf

• JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me, send me your friend request. Working on some videos for YouTubel, starting Happiest Healthiest You in the next few days. All my best advice
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Here is my first video
    https://youtu.be/6LyuYBKSO1w

Thanks for watching
  • gillmores
    gillmores Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's an amazing weight loss!
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Latest video, how I avoid Halloween candy.

https://youtu.be/b1pBpk40WDY

Jesse
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi Jesse!! My problem is controlling my cravings . my diary is open to friends and you can see I eat lots of fruits and veggies and my meals are made from the scratch with loads of garlic tomatoes and onions for curry. But I can't control myself if there's junk food in the house(sometimes bought by me, sometimes by mom) how do I distract myself? I drink lots of water too(8-10 cups)