Real Life Ghost Stories

Options

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    have any? Seen one? Do you believe in them?

go ahead. scare meh.

No such thing as ghosts.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you could call it a 'ghost' story but the strangest thing happened...

When I was a little girl, probably 4ish, I had this crazy dream involving my family in this house and some creepy monster tried to kill us (blah blah blah). I told my Mom and she just gave me the its just a dream speech. I got nightmares frequently (still do actually...) so it wasn't uncommon for me to wake up and tell my mom some crazy dream.

One day my Mom comes into my room and starts screaming at me for scaring the heck out of my little sister (whom is 8 1/2 years younger than I). I was like what in heavens name are you yelling about. My Mom accused me of telling my little sister (who also has nightmares like crazy) about the dream I had when I was around 4. Weird part, my little sister was about 4 when it happened. Also, she was describing relatives she hadn't met yet, or she never got to really know because they passed when she was much younger.

It was very strange...Took YEARS for me to make my Mom believe me.

It took YEARS for my Mom to believe I didn't tell my little sister.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    bump! I love these stories!
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I work overnights in a group home, and through that I have a bunch of pretty weird little things that have happened. The most notable one for me though was in the early morning when I was walking down the hallway to get one of our ladies ready for work. As I was walking, I suddenly heard a male voice whisper my name in my right ear like he was standing right next to me. I stopped, turned around, and saw no one there. No one else was around at all and it wasn't a voice I recognized. It was pretty eerie.
  • BuddhaBabeee
    BuddhaBabeee Posts: 105
    Options
    My grandparent's house is 100% occupied by spirits! I remember a couple years ago going to sleep in my room (I live with them) and then at about 2:30 AM, hearing clashing pans, glass breaking, TV turning on and off. My bedroom door was closed and I saw the lights go on and off about three times from under the door.

My grandparents totally know, so when my half-brothers/sisters come over, I always tell them there are ghosts here and to not act like you're scared because they might try to mess with you. Then my grandma tells them I'm lying and gives me a dirty look hahaha.
    Yeah, but I love them there. They're really fun to have in a home.

Every night I sit out in the living room until like 4 AM (I have insomnia) and they're always around me. I feel them. Like when someone walks in a room, you can feel their energy? That's what it's like. Sometimes I hear whispers, I'M NOT PSYCHO! Haha. But yeah.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump.
    i still haven't read these
    (that's how scared i am of this crap)
    but i'm gonna....

so anyone else?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Dammit it, I keep seeing this thread and I want to open and read but then I know I'll be a chicken **** at night and leave the light on :/
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Dammit it, I keep seeing this thread and I want to open and read but then I know I'll be a chicken **** at night and leave the light on :/
    ^5
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    When ghosts go to bed at night, they check under their bed for me.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    When ghosts go to bed at night, they check under their bed for me.

^^ This is sooooo true!! :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • kscutie
    kscutie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Since we've moved into this house, I catch "movements" out of the corner of my eyes here all the time. No matter the room or time of day.

Wish I could catch them cleaning. :laugh:

That would be great! hahaa!
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    When I was in high school, I had a room with my bed against a wall, then a small side table that was round. The side table had a linen on top, then a class top on top of the linen. On top of that were my alarm clock, lamp, and a book.

For some reason, I woke up in the middle of the night (not sure why, there wasn't a noise or anything) and I look over and my side table is completely upside down. not knocked over, just upside down, with the linen and glass still in place (impossible). And then my clock, lamp, and book where all neatly in a line.

I was almost frozen, I didnt' know what to do, I couldn't move, I forced myself to sleep.

When I woke up, it was all back to normal.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    So many, I was just talking to an MFP'er about this today!

In college I used to wake up to the face of a girl near my bed, EVERY night i pushed my chair under my desk (which was under my lofted bed) and there she would be. apparently a girl had died in the building before it was a dorm room.

I always hear my great grandmother when I'm at my family farm, she died there and I hear her all the time in her room (writing letters, grocery lists). Even as a kid I never slept there because it felt occupied. It wasn't until I was older that I found out she died in there.
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    Bump! TELL ME MORE TELL ME MORE!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    How do I upload a picture?? My husband was in our house one night taking pictures and I swear, he got a picture of a ghost. The picture was taken on a G1 camera phone.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    tag
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just loving this thread. Have a few stories, but don't have the time now to get them posted..

Will be back!!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    I loooooveee reading these stories! I get goosebumps all over! :)

I've only had an experience when I was younger, and it could have just been overactive imaginations. I was sleeping over at my best friend's house and we were talking about ghosts. Her house has several spirits, all of them friendly and helpful to her family if I remember correctly. Anyway, we were sitting on her bed with our legs over the edge, talking about pets that had died. At one point, we both felt something like a cat had rubbed against our legs. Neadless to say, mine stayed on top of the bed from that point on! :laugh: