Can a 19 year old guy be with 38 years old woman

Options

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    What could a teenager possibly offer an older woman outside of sex? And even that is questionable. Chances are at 19 you're limited in experience. Conversation? Hmm, what shall we talk about? Prom? Maybe the new wheels you want for your Honda Civic? You're broke so I guess I'm treating if we want to go out and I can't imagine you've developed at palette for adult cuisine yet. So I guess our dates will be comprised of me buying you a 6 pack of mikes hard lemonade and taking you back to my house to teach you how to do something special with your tongue. Meh, I'm bored already.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about younger men.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 years younger than me. I dont think it's the gap so much as the maturity. Once (both) are at least approximately 30, then age matters much less, up to a point where the generation gap becomes intrusive. Where that falls is an individual subjective matter.
    As for me preferring a younger man, I actually didn't know his age for awhile because we met in an online game, so it wasn't the case. It just happened that way, and I didnt mind and neither did he.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 years younger than me. I dont think it's the gap so much as the maturity. Once (both) are at least approximately 30, then age matters much less, up to a point where the generation gap becomes intrusive. Where that falls is an individual subjective matter.
    As for me preferring a younger man, I actually didn't know his age for awhile because we met in an online game, so it wasn't the case. It just happened that way, and I didnt mind and neither did he.

Yeah, I think the vast, overwhelming majority of age gap relationships are like this, where the couple meets and clicks and the age difference doesn't matter, rather than what the OP seems to suggest, which is 38 year old women actively seeking 19 year olds boys.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I cannot even fathom being with a 19 year old, and I'm 36. Like, are we going to have sex to Bieber? :confounded:
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Zee_0100 wrote: »
    Do most of the women like young boys?
    Why is it said that girl should be smaller than you?
    A guy being in relationship with elder women is some kind of taboo?
    majority of men like milfs why?
    Alot of questions coming into my mind by watching a movie name "A Teacher".

First off...can a woman? Sure why can't she? Sorry semantics
    No one's says a girl should be smaller than a guy.
    I think the age things go both ways as far as taboo.
    Do men like milfs? lots of men like younger women I think
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    well my sister who just turned 37 is dating a just turned 20 year old so yeah its possible
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I don't ever see myself dating someone younger than me. I like a little salt and pepper on my men.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    No. A 19 year old is still a child, at least to me lol
  • pasandoval
    pasandoval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and would never hook up with someone under 25. 30 is about as young as I am willing to go.

Hook up with, yes!

Actually go out with, no way!

Even hook ups under 25 are a no no for me. I don't want to have to hold someone's hand and teach them how to do things. I'm experienced and know what I like and expect the same. I appreciate the stamina of someone young, but stamina doesn't necessarily make sex good.
  • Svanel
    Options
    I'm 32 and would never hook up with someone under 25. 30 is about as young as I am willing to go.

Hook up with, yes!

Actually go out with, no way!

Even hook ups under 25 are a no no for me. I don't want to have to hold someone's hand and teach them how to do things. I'm experienced and know what I like and expect the same. I appreciate the stamina of someone young, but stamina doesn't necessarily make sex good.

totally agree haha stamina does not make for good sex. that comes from feeling that connection which in turn ignites passion. where there is passion, there is the desire to please and so on and so forth lol
  • Svanel
    Options
    I'm 40 and have nothing in common with 19 year olds....

exactly - i would feel like i was babysitting lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Zee_0100 wrote: »
    Do most of the women like young boys?
    Why is it said that girl should be smaller than you?
    A guy being in relationship with elder women is some kind of taboo?
    majority of men like milfs why?
    Alot of questions coming into my mind by watching a movie name "A Teacher".

Historically women probably married older men because they were more settled and prosperous... better providers, better connections. So it is the custom in many cultures.
    Most women marry men who are the same age or 4-5 years older. A 19 year age gap is uncommon.
    If you are wanting an actual long term relationship with an older person- not just sex- there could be some difficulties due to the age-life experience gap. Most women would not want take a relationship with a 19 year old seriously.

I married a man 6 years younger than me when he was 19. I did not go looking for someone younger than me. I was not and am not attracted to young boys. He was a very mature person and we had many things in common. I still had reservations about his age when I found out and this was only 6 years gap.
    We have been married almost 17 years now. There were some issues I think early on with his friends being in a very different place in their lives (living with parents,college, partying) while he was independent, getting married, working, having a child. We had some bad reactions from family and friends because he was 19 and I was older.
    A 19 year age gap seems like it would be even more difficult socially unless both people were over 30 years and relatively more settled in life and common experiences.