Pms and just going crazy!!!! Ugh!

Options
bnmoyler
bnmoyler Posts: 133 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm seriously so hungry, I'm going to die. I even went running today because that seems to always kill my appetite. No luck. Within an hour, I was scarfing my face down with tomato floretine. So for breakfast, I had a Luna bar(5 grams of sugar ones). That's been my thing here lately. Been feeling icky so shortly after I made some hot ginger lemon juice- just raw so I passed the sweetener on that. Was ok for a while. But then I ended up grabbing an unsweetened Vietnamese coffee. I just don't do condensed milk... Yuck. Had so much I ran a couple miles. Later, I scarfed down some tomato Floretine and the for dinner, I ate a sandwhich and plain salad.... And another Luna bar! Ugh. I don't think my selections are necessarily bad, I just think that my eating frequency is just out of control. And as I write, I'm eyeballing this delicious looking Banana. I racked up about 1400-1500 calories so far which isn't the end of the world. What's bothering me is that in still very very hungry. Yikes! Does anyone else suffer this madness? I left and went out for a while and just couldn't stop thinking about food.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You had very little protein, very little volume...I'd be hungry too.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Good point. I just googled tomato florentine. I thought it was a heartier pasta dish but it is just a veggie noodle soup. I would be starving as well.
  • bnmoyler
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Yea, I guess you're right. Every calorie is not created equal. I probably should go and grab a bowl of tofu or something. That always seems to hit the spot.
  • lissmayer
    lissmayer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Eat up to maintenance?
  • bnmoyler
    Options
    lissmayer wrote: »
    Eat up to maintenance?

Might have to... Too hungry. I can't sleep while I'm hungry.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Eating maintenance for a day never hurt anyone. I often do it for a day or two during PMS.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Eating maintenance for a day never hurt anyone. I often do it for a day or two during PMS.

This.
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I overeat during my PMS. God bless!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I overeat during my PMS. God bless!

Ditto. And yeah, try to eat more protein (which doesn't fill me up during PMS sadly).
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Those foods have more sugar than you'd expect. Tomato based sauces invariably have sugar in them to counteract the acidity, plus a Luna bar and a banana. That intake needed protein to balance the insulin spikes.

Sometimes before shark week, I find that actually I'm running warm and need cold things so I try grapes or a hard boiled egg.

It's really hard for to eat maintenance at that time too. I'm get so irrationally hungry that I feel I could eat the very table I'm sitting at. And then I'm hungry 2 hours later. It's not real, but I just can't handle being hungry like that. Fortunately the week after I am satisfied after 3 bites of something so it evens out, just over 2 weeks instead of 2 days.
  • applesandtapeline
    applesandtapeline Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Best you can do when on your PMS is to avoid caffeine, drink plenty of water and minimise sugar intake as much as you can, because sugary foods like bars etc. are not filling and makes you even hungrier than eating whole foods. Instead of bars eat porridge or rice bowl with some veggies and spices etc. Simply make sure you have actual meals instead of snacks. Hope that helps :)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Best you can do when on your PMS is to avoid caffeine, drink plenty of water and minimise sugar intake as much as you can, because sugary foods like bars etc. are not filling and makes you even hungrier than eating whole foods. Instead of bars eat porridge or rice bowl with some veggies and spices etc. Simply make sure you have actual meals instead of snacks. Hope that helps :)

That is a recipe for disaster for me. Don't you dare touch my coffee and chocolate during my PMS. It's enough that my hormones are completely out of whack without taking out two of my greatest pleasures on top of it.

But I do agree with the drink plenty of water. :smile:
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

That is a recipe for disaster for me. Don't you dare touch my coffee and chocolate during my PMS. It's enough that my hormones are completely out of whack without taking out two of my greatest pleasures on top of it.

Mhmm. I've found my PMS haven. xD Chocolate Mocha Chip ice cream from Halo Top. 280 calories for the whole pint.. But DAMN is it chocolaty. I nibble it through the day.

I need to change my username to Halo Top, or start getting paid by them, or something. xD; I mention them a lot.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »

Mhmm. I've found my PMS haven. xD Chocolate Mocha Chip ice cream from Halo Top. 280 calories for the whole pint.. But DAMN is it chocolaty. I nibble it through the day.

I need to change my username to Halo Top, or start getting paid by them, or something. xD; I mention them a lot.

No halo top around these parts... so I can't even try it to see if it's as good as everyone tells me it is :disappointed:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »

Problem with me is that if I'm cramping too much I get diarrhea, and Halo Top just makes it worse!

I actually tried it for a month and it kinda worked - no bread, no rice, no pasta, basically only whole grains like steel cut oats, barley etc... lots of beans. That week was easier on me, but I tried it again another time and it just didn't work. So who knows. I tried cutting caffeine but it was a fail though.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    bnmoyler wrote: »
    I'm seriously so hungry, I'm going to die. I even went running today because that seems to always kill my appetite. No luck. Within an hour, I was scarfing my face down with tomato floretine. So for breakfast, I had a Luna bar(5 grams of sugar ones). That's been my thing here lately. Been feeling icky so shortly after I made some hot ginger lemon juice- just raw so I passed the sweetener on that. Was ok for a while. But then I ended up grabbing an unsweetened Vietnamese coffee. I just don't do condensed milk... Yuck. Had so much I ran a couple miles. Later, I scarfed down some tomato Floretine and the for dinner, I ate a sandwhich and plain salad.... And another Luna bar! Ugh. I don't think my selections are necessarily bad, I just think that my eating frequency is just out of control. And as I write, I'm eyeballing this delicious looking Banana. I racked up about 1400-1500 calories so far which isn't the end of the world. What's bothering me is that in still very very hungry. Yikes! Does anyone else suffer this madness? I left and went out for a while and just couldn't stop thinking about food.

Yes, it happens to me. The only time I overeat now is hormonal related. I'm like a bottomless pit. It usually lasts for a day or two then back to normal. For that reason, I try to eat at a slight deficit the rest of the month or so. This allows me to balance it out because I eat way over 1500 calories--- more like 3,500 or more.

It hasn't impacted my maintenance though. I have been doing it for some months now. Just hang in there. It will be over in a few days. :)