Who wants to weigh in everyday?

Options

Replies

• laurenmt82
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, but I only post when I lose. A lot of people say it's bad to weigh in daily, but I can't help myself. It's actually very motivating for me.
  • emmafarrell
    Options
    I weight every morning too! I don't expect to see the pounds drop every day by any means but I think it just keeps me focused on my goals! I only log any weight change every week or so.

This morning I weighed in at 210 (a gain of five pounds that's appeared over the past few days but instead of getting frustrated and binging, I'm being more careful than ever! :))

See you all in the morning:)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day usually sometimes if I notice a gain because of a bad day Ill weigh like every day for three days after eating really good and drinking lots of water to see how my body works and to see if it really goes back down however I only record it on here once a week and only losses I never post a gain just wait until I have a loss
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I may be the only person that doesn't weigh in everyday.....I find it more rewarding after a month to weigh in and see a big number! Much more exciting to me. And I don't have that disappointment that I used to have (before I started exercising and eating right) weighing in every morning and seeing that number go up and down day after day!
  • dsreilly
    dsreilly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself several times a day!!! Makes me work harder!!!! :)
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day around the same time but I only post once a week. I do this so I can see how my body reacts to certain foods or too much sodium and stuff.

If I didn't do this, I wouldn't realize that I ate something to cause water retention.

This is what I do. I get on the scale once or twice each day but I generally only log it in my diary once or twice a week.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, but I only post when I lose. A lot of people say it's bad to weigh in daily, but I can't help myself. It's actually very motivating for me.

I do the same! I weigh in twice a day sometimes. if i weight less before bed then i know tomorrow will be even better. it keeps me on track even though it sounds super super OCD. it does motivate me though!
  • leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning. I know so many people say that you shouldn't do it, but i think it really works for me. I feel like it helps me stay on track...to each there own!
  • disappearingact206
    Options

i do the same thing! Daily motivation.
  • cocoanicky
    cocoanicky Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yeah i weigh in everyday and it really makes me upset because my weight changes everyday, ive been working out for about 3weeks and i lost 5 pounds but then that time of the month came and gained 6 pounds of water then after my period i lost the weight back and then the day after that i gained 4 pounds back so i really dont know whats going on.
  • wschaffel
    wschaffel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was doing strict Atkins diet and weighed myself every morning. On Atkins, you loose a lot of weight fast and then plateau, then loose. I found that daily weigh-ins could become frustrating. Now I weigh myself once or twice a week. Always at the same time on the same scale. Perhaps more important is to measure your body. If your exercising as well as dieting, you will trade fat with muscle and you will not see the results on the scale.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I weighed daily but recorded weekly when I was losing, but I weigh and record every day now that I'm maintaining.

I'm pretty sure one reason I've always yo yoed is that I stopped weighing each time I reached goal, and a daily habit is easier to remember than a weekly one, so I'm all for daily weigh-ins.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

I do the same! I weigh in twice a day sometimes. if i weight less before bed then i know tomorrow will be even better. it keeps me on track even though it sounds super super OCD. it does motivate me though!

I do this, too, sometimes. I find it interesting how much weight I can lose overnight while sleeping. Some nights it's much higher than others. My record is 2.1 pounds. :laugh:
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    I weigh myself every day around the same time but I only post once a week. I do this so I can see how my body reacts to certain foods or too much sodium and stuff.

If I didn't do this, I wouldn't realize that I ate something to cause water retention.

Agreed! I do it and i notice that on the weekend i gain a little, but by my weigh in day on Friday I've lost what i gained and more. Its helpful for me. To each his own tho. :)
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    weighed myself this morning and I was up 2 pounds UGH!!! But I eat horrible this weekend and just got back on track yesterday
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    I definitely get on the scale every morning, but in my mind it doesn't "count" until I log it on MFP - which I've been doing every Wednesday morning.
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    yesterday 163.6, today 162.8!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    lately I have been weighing more.. seeing the change helps motivate me
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    just my two cents... but you CANNOT live by the scale. the scale should not be your source of motivation OR guilt. it's just not accurate and it can change on a whim.

PLUS. when you reach goal... you will go crazy because your weight naturally fluctuates.

i am a HUGE advocate of looking to other indicators for success. how do you feel? are you eating healthy? do you have enough energy to get through the day? are you active? do your clothes fit?

THESE are the real things that matter.... NOT the number on the scale. it is after all, just a number. YOU ARE MORE THAN YOUR WEIGHT.
  • pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i have been weighing myself every day. Not that i have allowed it to reflect how I behave on that day but just to see the natural ups and downs. In a way it has helped me have the healthy attitude on 'weigh in day' that it doesn't matter if I have stayed the same because two days ago or in an hour or too it may actually be 1lb or 2 lb lighter. Therefore I dont worry about 'the' figure on weigh in day but look at it as I am +/- 2lb from this weight.
    I have been doing this since i started and have seen a 10lb weight loss (but if I go by this mornings its only 8lb) i am not worried by it though. For me its healthy to weigh more often. xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!