Where do I store my keys when running outside?

Options
13»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap little wrist wrap that has a pocket big enough for a key and some money or even a card. Search "wrist wallet" on Amazon.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    I safety pin my key ring to the inside of my pocket or waistband.

This is also what I do.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I installed a deadbolt on my door that opens with a code rather than a key. Problem solved! Before that I would often hide the key somewhere outside or stick it in my bra (I wear a sports bra with a pocket in the front for phone/ID/key. I also have a runners belt that will let me store things and carry a bottle of water.

Not to be alarmist or anything, but if I'm wandering too far I usually bring along identification, my insurance card, some money, and a phone with a properly set up Uber app. Just in case I get hit by a bus and someone needs to figure out who I am and take me to the hospital....the phone/Uber is if I am miles from home and injure myself (twisted ankle) and need to call someone or get a ride home (and I also use Spotify and Runkeeper). The cash in case I underestimate how much water/food I need and want to run by the store to grab some (I live in an area where stores and fast food places are nearby). So far the extra cash for a drink is the only thing I've had to use in emergencies but it was much appreciated since I was about to keel over from the heat (spring day that heated up quickly and I wasn't acclimated). I almost called an Uber one time when a severe pop up storm happened while I was several miles from home and in a residential area with nowhere to seek shelter....ended up just toughing it out but was glad to have the option.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I tend to carry very little when I'm out running, but I do have one of these Road ID shoe pouches. It holds a key and has my ID details.

https://www.roadid.com/p/the-Shoe-Pouch-ID?SC=Shoe
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I take my key off the key ring and carry it in my hand.
  • rubydrm
    rubydrm Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The shirt I wear has a tiny zip pocket on the bottom right. It's perfect for my keys!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    That's the reason (plus teenage kids always forgetting their keys) that I put a keyless entry system on the front door at home.

When I go somewhere in the car to run I'll wear my shorts with the zippered pocket and recently picked up running belt that will hold my obscenely large new smartphone and a set of keys (it was $12 on amazon)
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I recommend the kangaroo jogging suit, with built in tummy storage.
    adult-kangaroo-costume-video-thumbnail.jpg
  • WaCowboy
    WaCowboy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I put mine inside my arm band for my ipod. That way I don't have to worry about it flopping around in my pocket or holding it in my hands. If you are carrying your car keys you can get a slim set just to unlock the door and store your keys inside the car.

On a side note most hotels use key cards and they fit in the arm bands behind the ipod quite well.
  • rogertoliver
    rogertoliver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I carry my spare keys in waist pack along with my CCW weapon.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just leave your place unlocked, we live in a safe world B)
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I snap mine into a ring on my IWB holster.