Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can a 19 year old guy be with 38 years old woman

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I could never date a boy that is 19. I would still be calling him baby.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Well, men have their sexual peak around 18...for women, it is around 40. It makes sense to me--men in their 40s and 50s generally cannot keep up. At all.

19 is a bit young, but age gaps are far less important than the personalities of the people involved.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    I can relate to the OP in preferring women that were older than me. When I was 16 I had a ...well, I wouldn't call it a relationship, but it was more than just a hookup with a lady who was 16yrs older. Even today at 48, I smile when I think back to that positive experience with her.

I feel that if it makes the 2 of you happy, then age shouldn't be an issue.

One thing to consider... A good friend of mine married a girl who was 20 when he was 43. They have 2 wonderful children and have been together 22 years. Now though, he is 65 and has ED. His 42 yr old wife is incredibly frustrated by his failing body due to hereditary health issues.

He is so very distraught as he loves his family. The age difference wasn't a big deal at 20 and 43, but now at 42 and 65, their ages are a much bigger deal.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    projectsix wrote: »
    As a 39 year old man, I say yes, all the power to them! I intend to trade my spouse in for 2 x 20 year olds once she turns 40.

i've gone so far as telling mine i'm trading her for 3x 20yo when she terns 60... she slept on the couch for 3 nights, which is weird because we have a "guest suite" and most of the kids have moved out of their rooms... for a total of 5 empty beds, yet she chose the couch, some people.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Everyone likes different qualities in partners. I tend to go for guys about 10-15 years older than I am. Do whatever floats your boat.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Well, men have their sexual peak around 18...for women, it is around 40. It makes sense to me--men in their 40s and 50s generally cannot keep up.

Meh. Total BS.

Men get to the 40's and 50's and look to younger women for exactly the same reasons women look to younger men. It isn't about energy, but the lack of excitement with who they are with and trying to recapture some part of their fleeting youth.

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Weird, some guy just said the same thing as this post.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    No do not date anyone please
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Of course. 19 goes into 38 twice.
  • ashlepersuasion
    ashlepersuasion Posts: 51 Member
    "Do most of the women like young boys?"

:|

• ashlepersuasion
    ashlepersuasion Posts: 51 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Weird, some guy just said the same thing as this post.

I was gonna say the same thing and has a similar profile pic, hummm.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    eugh, not for me. i've got a son in his 20's; couldn't possibly.

it's working great for a 30's friend of mine though. his wife is about 18 years older than him and they seem really happy. but no not nope never for me. it's got nothing to do with their maturity level individually. having a kid of my own has perma-mommed me towards anyone more than a couple years younger than me.

tl;dr: if i'm old enough to be your mother, then i'm going to feel like your mother, whoever you are. then it's all way too icky for me.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Nope. I'm 38 and couldn't imagine being with someone much younger than 30-35. But I guess it has to do with maturity level too..

My husband is 15 years older, so I suppose it's a bit ironic, but in my experience, men do mature more slowly than women... (I know, going to get flamed for that one, lol).
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    I mean.... before I met my 2nd husband and I was out a lot ;) I was in my late 30s and probably ended up with a few youngens. Those were the days.

(Not really. My best days are now, with my super wonderful husband. Who actually is 10 years younger. :D )
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    eugh, not for me. i've got a son in his 20's; couldn't possibly.

it's working great for a 30's friend of mine though. his wife is about 18 years older than him and they seem really happy. but no not nope never for me. it's got nothing to do with their maturity level individually. having a kid of my own has perma-mommed me towards anyone more than a couple years younger than me.

tl;dr: if i'm old enough to be your mother, then i'm going to feel like your mother, whoever you are. then it's all way too icky for me.

Yup.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    I have a 24 year old son so no interest in younger guys I prefer older men.
  • Girl_has_no_name
    Girl_has_no_name Posts: 40 Member
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it IF there is a physical attraction from both sides, im 28 and personally I prefer older men and have never been with younger
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Maybe it's just me, but you referring to yourself as a "young boy" squicks me out beyond belief.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Shana67 wrote: »
    I mean.... before I met my 2nd husband and I was out a lot ;) I was in my late 30s and probably ended up with a few youngens. Those were the days.

(Not really. My best days are now, with my super wonderful husband. Who actually is 10 years younger. :D )

Ok, pop quiz. How many insightful conversations did you have with the young ones? Sheesh, I couldn't deal with talking to them WHEN I was that age. :dizzy: