For those that eat breakfast.. what are you eating?

Options

Replies

• PaulaCribben
    PaulaCribben Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weekdays - One medium hard boiled egg w/a little salt and garlic, and a slice of turkey bacon (65 cals in the egg, 25 in the turkey bacon), plus coffee with a little creamer (I don't count that) - weekends, usually 1/4 cup egg whites, two small pinches of cheddar, and a slice of two of turkey bacon... depends on how hungry I am... (egg whites, 31 cals, cheese about 20 and I logged the turkey bacon above). 0 carbs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day...

During the work week I usually alternate between an omelette with red chile and cheese with sourdough or whole grain toast and a banana or whole oats with some peanut butter and sliced up banana and a drizzle of honey.

On the weekends I branch out a bit more and don't have a "regular"....this past Saturday for example I had some polenta with sauteed mushrooms and scrambled eggs. On Sunday I had scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes...

I can't give you the calorie or macros as I don't log.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same thing every morning. Mostly cereal with fruit (usually bananas or blueberries) and milk. Here's today's:

Mini Wheats Cereal - 55g
    Skim Milk - 1/2 cup
    Banana - 102g

Calories - 321
    Carbs - 74g
    Fat - 1g
    Protein - 11g
    Fibre - 9g
    Sodium - 54mg
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Typically 4 hard boiled egg and a couple servings of fruit.

I don't track calories or macros anymore...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Roughly 350-400 calories in one of three usual breakfasts:

Smoothie made mostly of veg (lately I like spaghetti squash, green pepper, and spinach, but it depends on what I have on hand), strawberries, protein powder, homemade cashew milk, and greek yogurt.

Steel cut oats with some kind of fruit and protein powder, and vegetables on the side, sometimes I add hemp hearts or have some smoked salmon or leftover chicken with the veg.

Vegetable omelet (usually 2-3 vegetables, at least one is greens like spinach or kale) with either smoked salmon or cottage cheese or greek yogurt on the side.

All have 30+ grams of protein, otherwise the macros vary a lot.
  • maryannklasna
    maryannklasna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I rotate my breakfasts...which includes 1 egg and dry whole grain toast ,1/2 cup OJ, or an Mandarin orange.....1/2 cup old fashion oatmeal 1/2 cup 2% milk ..OJ or orange....1cup raisin bran 1/2 cup 2%milk OJ or orange... I use artificial sweetener. Black coffee. These breakfast are under 300 calories and keep me satisfied til lunch
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever I'm in the mood for, honestly. Oatmeal, toast with eggs, toast with nut butter, Greek yogurt and granola bar, pancakes, last night's leftovers... Today I was naughty and had a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin and some rice pudding...

Usually it's around 350-450 calories and I try to have at least 20g of protein in there. On a good day it keeps me full for 3-4 hours.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This morning I'm having Moroccan lentil and chickpea stew. 191 calories 32/carbs 1/fat 10/protein 8/fibre
  • sinamarii
    sinamarii Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    two slices trader joes wheat toast - 200
    1 tbsp tjoes creamy peanut butter - 95
    1 banana - 100
    1 tbsp honey - 60

total - 455
    16 g protein
    92 g carbs.

satisfied til around 2pm if im eating at 9am. then i have a late lunch, small snack, then a workout!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    my breakfast varies. this morning i had -

92 grams egg whites (2 servings) - 50 calories
    21 grams extra sharp white cheddar - 83 calories
    50 grams white mushrooms - 11 calories
    35 grams spinach - 8 calories
    all cooked together in 4 grams olive oil - 32 calories

184 calories total, and very tasty, too :)

4 grams carbs, 11 grams fat, 18 grams protein.

i eat small weekday breakfasts because i get up at 5:15 am with my husband, eat around 7:15 and head back to bed for a couple more hours at 8. btw, i do eat carbs, but i schedule them to keep my blood sugar in check i got type 2 diabetes).
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    This is my breakfast pretty much every day, sometimes with the yolk, sometimes without.

ufxv4mir1lhl.jpeg
  • hlektra28
    hlektra28 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fruits
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I switch between two different breakfasts so I don't get bored. I eat breakfast at my desk Mon-Thurs, Friday no breakfast due to eating at a restaurant for lunch. Saturday is a breakfast burrito from Chic-fil-a and Sunday is sometimes at IHOP :) I'm more active on the weekends (starting with Friday) so I'm less strict those three days.

Yogurt Fruit Mixture: Chobani Plain Yogurt 5.3 oz., Whole Foods Nut Mixture 1/8 cup, Frozen Blueberries 3 oz. , Gala Apple 4 oz. Total Macros = Cal 254, Fiber 6, Carbs 41, Protein 18, Sugar 27, Fat 0.

Overnight Oats:
    Old Fashioned Oats 0.5 cup, Silk Almond Milk Unsweetened 1 cup, Frozen Blueberries 0.5 cup, Nutella 1 tsp., Whole Foods Nut Mixture 1/4 cup, Banana 3.5 oz. Total Macros = Cal 475, Fiber 10, Carbs 70, Protein 13, Sugar 21, Fat 8.

Hope this helps.

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    A 253g swai filet.
    33.5g pro/4.5g fat/0g carbs - 156 kcal

Pretty much my go to these days, since the protein fluffs started making me miserable.
  • rawfruitvegH20
    rawfruitvegH20 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    coffee yogurt with a cup of coffee yes i do love the buzzzz
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today it was:
    General Mills Cereal - Cocoa Puffs, 70 g (3/4 cup) 259 60 4 3 389 26
    Kefir - Kefir, 4 fluid ounce 70 10 1 6 63 10
    Quaker Instant Oatmeal - Sugar Maple and Brown Sugar, 1 package 160 32 2 4 260 12
  • Gotrek1
    Gotrek1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Eggs, omelette usually or some kind of breakfast sandwich 300-500 calories. breakfast is usually my biggest meal of the day (and my favorite). Sometimes oatmeal or some other cereal.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    2 oz cereal (kashi or raisin bran) and a cup of yogurt
  • butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Cereal primarily.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Given that I have a pretty healthy calorie allowance and my personal preference leans towards eating 75% of my calories by about 1pm (lol) a hell of a lot. 3-4 homemade chia and flax Muffins, a carb wise bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese, eggs and bacon with protein fluff....it's happened lol