Struggling with tum??

Options
So ive lost 3 stone,gone from size 20-14 in 12monhs and still have my mummy wobbly tum im eating better drinkin water and walk everywere now ive also joined a gym in jan this year but everythings slimed down except my belly anyone can help on how to loose it??

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    The reality is you need to keep losing weight. You can't spot reduce fat so you just need to keep going. Well done on your weight loss so far though.
  • vixen84
    vixen84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks yeh im stickin to gym workouts n eating better jus everything all in proportion now except me tum lol
  • littlewomensmom
    littlewomensmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    After losing 70 pounds with 40 to go, I am wondering the same! My tummy does not seem to be getting smaller at the same rate as other areas. I was just thinking about this today as a matter of fact. Was even wondering if I could be pregnant! At 55 that would be more than a little surprising!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Stomach can be in the last 5lbs for some

• annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    After losing 70 pounds with 40 to go, I am wondering the same! My tummy does not seem to be getting smaller at the same rate as other areas. I was just thinking about this today as a matter of fact. Was even wondering if I could be pregnant! At 55 that would be more than a little surprising!!

FWIW, I always find my tum or *insert body part here* always looks HUGE and is super jiggly right before I have a big "woosh" and lose fat in that area. Link if you're interested So if you're doing everything right, but your tum is feeling bigger and jigglier you could have a woosh coming. That being said, not everybody believes in the woosh effect. I do. It's all my body likes to do. It goes "big", "bigger and jiggly" *woosh* "everything is smaller".
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

You have 40lbs to still lose. The stomach is one of the usual last places that fat goes from for males and females. Come back and inform us when you've reached your goal and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 24 and my body fat percentage is 26% and I still have a flabby tummy despite being a size 8, it sucks but I've been doing StrongLifts for about a month now and I'm starting to see it reduce slightly!! I'm excited to see what it will look like by the end of the year. So stick with it, start lifting and you'll be surprised :)
  • Nysportsred
    Nysportsred Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    could some of it be in your head? I know I have gone from a size 42 waist to a now 35 and lost 52 pounds, but there are times where I still feel the same weight I used to be and therefore when I look in the mirror, to me, I don't see the difference in size.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for almost two years and I STILL have a belly. Yes, it is much smaller than it was but it is still there! I really cannot lose more weight because the rest of my body would look like Skeletor's sister! For the most part, the only fat deposits left to trim are my belly and maybe a smidgen off my inner thighs and outer hips. However, those places don't bother me ... just the belly. I decided 6 months ago to recomp and it has helped other areas look better but I am still waiting on this mythical "whoosh" that people talk about! Otherwise, weight-wise and size-wise I am happy. I am in a size smaller than I was in college and before kids ... sort of freaked me out when I discovered that.
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's a matter of weight loss and sometimes it is toning. My daughter is 15 months old and I still have a bit of a tummy. I'm 5'2" and 98 lbs. my goal is to add more strength trading to my routine and change some of the foods I've been eating. I doubt anyone would advance I lose even 5 lbs. So, my suggestion is try different things. More protein, more strength training, less cardio, more cardio, more veggies...don't lose hope. Just stay healthy and it'll work out (no pun intended). And, great job on your journey so far.
  • marlysgirl
    marlysgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wear a waist cincher and cut down carbs.
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 30 and my tum it still very present. I've kind of accepted that it's probably going to b the last to go and justs to wear spanx (or tummy control leggings) in the mean time lol.
  • grazer432
    grazer432 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am still working hard on my tummy but I will say that I lost more inches around my waist and stomach during the last 10lbs of weight loss than the first 25lbs. Keep at it and you will get results.
  • dbashby
    dbashby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last on first off, first on last off is how you will lose it. Put another way............the reverse order in which you put it on. Unfortunately, for a lot of us, we have had it so long we don't exactly remember the order in which we put it on making us wonder why some area is hanging around longer than another area . Also, if a significant amount of time has passed it won't necessarily be as tight as you remember it. I know I'm full of good news.....remember don't kill the messenger.