Brazilian wax

Options

Replies

• Constant_Nova
    Constant_Nova Posts: 108 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've naired before.... I don't think Iv'e ever screamed so loud in my entire life! I've never waxed though but sounds like it might be worth a shot.... being a thicker girl though, I am a bit body shy..

I'm gonna start saying chocolate swirl! :D
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have a high pain tolerance also. As long as it's not causing harm. I'm not ok with being injured.
  • deloachkl
    deloachkl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Going for my 3rd time tomorrow. I'd been wanting to try it for years but always felt too self conscious about my size. Anyways, now that I've gone through the excruciating pain of the 1st appointment, I love the way it looks and feels so I'm continuing to go every 4 weeks. The 2nd time was much less painful than the 1st but it did still hurt. I'm hoping tomorrow will be even less painful than the 2nd time.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    @salembambi Estheitican: Had to look that up! :-)
  • Belvill
    Belvill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Angela937 wrote: »
    I've never had one, but I'm tired of shaving every few days. A Brazilian is suppose to last 3-6 weeks, right?

You should try, is good and make you feel much cleaner....the first time will be unconfortable because is very private...but if you have the right person to do, you will be okay....just relax ...after that you will feel so good that you never go back to razor again....if you still not to sure sbout the brazilian wax, the other choice is the electric machine from conair...is very good...
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna do it once I find a reliable spa to go to. Thanks everyone!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I think I might do the at home laser.

I haven't used my Tria, which cost $500.00 consistently because it takes hours, since it's just a small circle & bodies're vast! It'd take nearly 6 hours, to do my entire body because of having to charge it; several times! So far I have mini patches, that won't regrow but you'll have to tolerate letting it regrow enough, to view if it's working or not & you must wash/shave before using it. I plan to just use it on 1 body part, until the sessions're over (every 2 weeks, for 6 weeks; so 12 weeks for each region); Hopefully then, I'll be able to do it; to completion because otherwise, it's just been easier; to shave! As for the expense, it'll cost less; than a lifetime's worth of razors/gel but they did offer a payment plan!

Thanks for this info
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    I think I'm gonna do it once I find a reliable spa to go to. Thanks everyone!

Take 2 Advil before hand. It helps!

• martikri
    martikri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go on yelp to search places in your area, you can filter based on price $, $$ and $$$ as well as the highest review ratings as well as highest amount of review. If you find a place you like I'd check groupon and see if they happen to have a deal on there, but a lot of places now have deals if you prepay for 10 you get one free, etc. Some places even have deals or discounts on yelp also.
    I think waxing is great, razor's are my worst enemy and I've never had an issue with any irritation once I started waxing.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have a monthly membership with a local wax salon (that's all they do). I do get ingrown hairs occasionally, but I had the problem with shaving too. As long as I consistently exfoliate and moisturize before working out, its totally manageable. I would love to switch over to laser hair removal but it's so crazy expensive.
  • solquest1976
    solquest1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've never had one, but I'm tired of shaving every few days. A Brazilian is suppose to last 3-6 weeks, right?

Yes! I've been getting them for years, never bump up & haven't returned to razors since. You feel super clean. If there's a Uni K Wax Center in your area, I highly recommend. If not, then a reputable spa center.

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've never understood the fascination with removing body hair, but to each his/her own.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    surely guys don't get waxed.

What? Never heard of the manzilan or the mankini?
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    Personally, I've never understood the fascination with removing body hair, but to each his/her own.

It feels clean, it looks amazing and sex is so much more enjoyable. If that doesn't sell you, I don't know what will.

^^ What she said. Makes for amazing sex.
    And you know, why do men shave their faces? There's no reason you shouldn't all have beards down to your knees. But it looks better if you don't.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i used a groupon for laser hair removal. went 12 times and it was pretty effective. there's still the odd hair every so often, but easily managed with a razor or tweezers.

this thread reminds me of this though https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK