High school body

Options
I find it interesting that my current goal weight is the weight I was in high school. However, at the time I thought I was so fat. It's so silly how our self image gets so distorted. Anybody else feeling this way?

For fun, feel free to add a picture of your high school self. It'll be like an old MFP yearbook. :)

Replies

• TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    Me too! I was 140 back then and all I ever did was complain about how fat I was. So weird.
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm weird, I thought I was "hot stuff" in high school and I'm actually right around what I was then and my goal is much lower now. I'm still happy I'm down what I am, but now it feels like I know I have the potential to be smaller and healthier :)
  • devildogmom
    Options
    I would love to weigh what I did in High school.. I don't know if I could do it though.. I have my 30th Class reunion this yr.. 1983.. I cringe that people can see what I look like in pictures now.. Ok .. that 80's girl is coming back !! I am letting my hair grow til I hit my first goal of 140 which is half way to my goal
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what I weighed, it wouldn't have mattered, I still wanted to be skinnier. I was super skinny, but I was doing things other than eating most of the time... unhealthy things.

And I drank way more beer, but was skinnier, weird.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I have only been out of high school for one year and already I feel this way. So many days and so much wasted time was spent worrying about how I looked in high school. I wish I could go back and redo it, focusing on other things!
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That is funny! I'm in the same place. I thought that I was fat in high school and would love to get back to that again. Isn't it funny how our perception changes as we get older? I am a teacher and am trying to instill some positive self esteem in the girls I teach. I hate to hear them talk negatively about themselves, but I get it, because I do the same thing. We're all a work in progress...
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am down to my high school weight now, but I have never been far from it. I don't want to go any lower though. Jr. high weight is way too low :noway:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    If I could have the body I did back then now.. I would dress a LOT cuter than I did then. I was so uncomfortable in my body at the time I never would wear anything but baggy frumpy clothing. If I could go back in time I would be HOT!!! lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't want to get down to my high school weight. 10lb more for me is my goal. I look so much better with curves and some muscle.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I don't want to get down to my high school weight. 10lb more for me is my goal. I look so much better with curves and some muscle.
    My favorite type of look.
  • colehook
    colehook Posts: 46
    Options
    I agree! I was so self conscious in high school. All through out high school I would only wear mens clothes because they were baggy. Then I remember my senior yr I finally put on a bikini for the one and only time and I found my hubby...WEIRD! but he liked that I had curves even though I tried to hide myself. 10yrs and 2 kids later I am a size smaller than I was then but still want to loose more. After the kiddos things shifted. But to have the body I had then...I would have taken much better care of myself.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I actually have a much better body now than I did then... even after two kids! I was about 10lbs heavier with very little muscle mass. Of couse my boobs were better then... I actually had some... lol
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Looking back I never understood why people called me fat. At the time I thought I was a freaking cow! 5'7 and 170ish. I'd rather be back to my 19 yr old weight. I was 140 for years. Either way...I do know how you feel. When I weighed 140 I thought I was fat...now that's all I want lol
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yeeeeep....I was 116-121 throughout high school and I always thought I was chubby. Looking back at old pics - I was crazy!!! I remember getting weighed for something while wearing boots, and freaking out that I weighed in at 128.

Do you know what I would give to weigh 128 right now?!??!?!?!
  • brittanydittman
    Options
    NO THANK YOU!!! I was over 200lbs in high school.... now im 150lbs.... So id rather not :o) My high school reunion is gonna be fun ahahaha Apparently its hard to recognize who i am now. Yay me!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yeah - no. I was pretty much as fat as I was a year ago all through high school. Over 300 pounds. I look better now than I did when I was fourteen. It's kind of sad when I think about it.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I weigh nearly what I weighed in high school. I think I graduated at about 155, and I'm usually between 150 and 160 nowadays. But I look entirely different as I actually have muscle and stuff. I wasn't fat or anything, but I was kinda lanky.
  • vrodriguez87
    vrodriguez87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I cant wait to get back to the weight I was in high school!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I was 115 with a 18" waist when I graduated high school. After 3 kids.... I don't think I could ever go back to being that small. BUT I am proud to say I am still the same height that I was in high school. :laugh:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im exactly the same way! I thought I was soooo fat then but Id give anything to look that way again!