Best fat burn

Options
Whats best fat burn exercise Tiips plzzz.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The best fat burn is to focus on eating an appropriate amount of calories. Beyond that any exercise you enjoy is a bonus for calorie burn, but should be viewed as improving health rather than burning fat.
  • santandr77
    santandr77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Apart from that, looking for answer on exercise. do spinning,running , T25. what else can i do ??
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    The best is the one you enjoy and will stick with. I like HIIT on the Stairmaster. I look forward to it so I can zone out and listen to a book.
  • santandr77
    Options
    That sounds a good one.
  • ramysleal816
    ramysleal816 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Short high intense exercise are proven to burn more fat than a long boring exercise like running for 3 miles which is boring.

I suggest you to try CrossFit. You will love it and on top of that, you will make new friends who will push you and motivate you.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The best exercise is the one you will enjoy and do consistently.
  • santandr77
    Options
    Now thats up my street cross fit. yep thanks for that.......
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You burn fat when you're in an energy deficiency. Your body requires energy to function just like any other machine...merely being alive expends a great deal of energy...then you have your day to day...then exercise.

A calorie is a unit of energy. When you consume a balance of energy...i.e. your calories in are more or less equivalent with your calories out, you maintain. When you consume more energy than your body requires on a consistent basis, that excess is stored as body fat...kind of like a backup generator. When you consume less energy than your body requires, that backup generator kicks on and you burn fat.

Exercise increases energy expenditure...it doesn't necessarily result in burning fat or weight loss...it just increases energy expenditure. For example, if I didn't exercise my daily energy expenditure is around 2500 calories...which means I would need to eat around 2000 calories to lose 1 Lb per week...with regular exercise my energy expenditure is closer to 3000 calories...which means I would need to eat 2500 calories to lose about 1 Lb per week...but guess what...if I ate 3000 calories I would maintain regardless of the fact that I was exercising.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    santandr77 wrote: »
    Apart from that, looking for answer on exercise. do spinning,running , T25. what else can i do ??

eat less...
  • santandr77
    Options
    Thanku for ur reply. makes perfect sense.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Boxing burns calories....running burns calories.....zumba burns calories. Just do something you like. It will help you be more consistent.

Strength training (although not a big calorie burner) will help you keep a larger % of lean muscle while eating at a deficit. It helps ensure a larger % of fat loss. Strength training will shape your weight loss results.
  • santandr77
    Options
    If i ate less id die. I have around 900_ 1000 kcal aday. maybe not eating enough.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If i ate less id die. I have around 900_ 1000 kcal aday. maybe not eating enough.

Yep, not eating enough!! Fuel your workouts.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Unless you are 4'6" tall......nope not enough.

1200 calories BEFORE EXERCISE is as low as MFP will go. That number is based on nutritional minimums.

Google your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)......this is your maintenance.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Subtract 500 calories for 1 pound a week, 750 for 1.5 pounds a week. Expect to lose no more than 1% of your current weight.
  • philhagan
    philhagan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting is an extremely good fat burner, and it's actually very hard to build muscle mass, so you won't end up like Jodie marsh unless you plan on using steroids
  • santandr77
    Options
    Awww really thanks philhagen. didnt know that ive got weight bench and weights .
  • 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    As mentioned by a few others, high intensity cardio is great for metabolizing fat. I do hill sprints and jump ropes when I am pressed for time and can't squeeze in a longer cardio session.
  • andrewbrewer14
    andrewbrewer14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    High intensity exercises and keeping your calorie intake within the macronutrients requirements. Would also highly recommend Crossfit which I do as it's a combination of weights training, some gymnastic stuff as well as HIT. Also gives you good definition and fullness of muscles yet fat is always in check. Remember to lose fat you also MUST eat the good fats no less than 15%. If you can get on to the post I places yesterday you can see how I transformed in 8 weeks
  • debbiesteinman
    debbiesteinman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am sure that if you do weight training/ strength training that you will up your metabolism and get those beautiful cut abs. It is a battle till your body starts burning off the fat. Keep protein intake very high and sugars very low as this will force your body to find fuel from fat burning. Good luck on the ongoing battle we all face.