MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    my goals are
    getting to the gym 5 times this week and being more positive cause i am slipping at the moment.

:flowerforyou: SeeSaa
    Great to see you!! Good luck with your goals this week!! Are you still up North?
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am still here!

Somehow 3 pounds fell off of me this morning... I haven't really exercised in a few weeks but I've been logging and staying well under calories so I will take it!

My goal this week:
    GET BACK ON THE EXERCISE TRAIN! 20 minutes, 5 times this week for a goal of 100 minutes.

I would love for three lbs to fall off me this week. Congrats!

Goal one complete. Survived pilates. Two strength trainings and one zumba so far this week. I will do this!
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I too was off for the holiday week ;) Back at it again today. It is suppose to be in the 90's for a couple of days so I am trying to get my exercise done in the morning. I did go for a swim to cool off tonight. I can not wait to get my kayaks out, what a great core workout that is! I am trying for 450 min of exercise and 8 glasses of water (I usually only get 6). Good luck everyone and keep up the great work =) You are all amazing and we can do this!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥
    ♥ * ♥ 3 for Me ♥ * ♥

1♥Journal it! ♥ ♥
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥ ♥
    3♥Daily Check-in!!! ♥ ♥

I made my goals today!! Yea me!! Yea You for making them too!!

Got out of Pittsburgh a lil early today for good behavior. ;-) Thank God! BUT I had NO Internet access in that building or outside!! Within 2 mile upon arrival this morning I got a ticket for running a Red Light! :-( I swear it was yellow, oh well, now I can add $110.50 to Joop's FIRST DAY at Pain School. :-(

BUT I HAD A PERFECT MEAL DAY, JOURNALED & WALKED 30 MINUTES!!

I will sleep well tonight............

Maybe you can find a nearby coffee shop. They usually have free WI-FI! Glad you got out early, sorry about the ticket!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    MissDee hope your trips to the hospital area sucess and he can get his pain in control. Hope you can make the best of your time while there too.

Mak your support is amazing,

Suz way to go!!!! That's AWESOME!! Keep it up.

Lisa Welcome, Way to knock out your goals.

Oma Hope things continue to settle in your life.

CrazyQuilt Kayaking sounds like fun, no where around here to do that much.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, couldn't believe the differences you can see between the two pictures, really hadn't been able to see changes in the mirror, was able feel my clothes fitting differently and have gotten down a size in pants, but the weightloss in my face and neck is very noticable.
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Oh yeah, 8 glasses of h2o no walk but was within 28 calories of my goal today.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had pretty successfully Monday. YAY for us :drinker: (in the spirit of MFP my little "drinker" is raising glasses of water to you all)

Dee - Excellent job on your goals today. Sorry to hear about the ticket I'll email u tomorrow how I did the quotes. It's easier to do on my computer (I'm on my phone now).
    Suz - Congrats on the loss. And welcome back to the exercise train! There's always room for passengers.
    Kris- Nice job today on your calories and water! Good luck getting your walk in tomorrow.
    Renee - Good luck with the kayaking. That sounds like lots of fun!! And good luck with the water. If u find your self under by 2 glass try getting in 7 and working on that. Then work on going up to 8. U can do it!!!
    Seesaa - Good luck getting to the gym!! Not sure if you've been with Miss Dee's weekly challanges but its an awesome place for support if you need some help staying focused. We are all here for each other.
    Lisa - how was pilates?? I've always wanted to try a class. Tried a few DVDs but have always wondered what the classes are like.
    Laura - hope you got you workout in today!!
    Oma - how was ChaLean?? I've seen that on the beachbody site and it looks fun! Why are they so $$? I need to find a place to do workout DVD swaps!! Cuz I want to try them all! LOL :)

Goal Check in for Monday.
    1. Week 5 P90X & get a couple bike rides in. Maybe 4? Got my Am P90x workout in. But no bike ride. Will try tomorrow. I get to work from home so I can start my work day a little earlier so I get to log off earlier.
    2. Drink all my water - done. On a side note do you guys count plain hot tea as water? Just wondering what others opions were on this. I'm not sure
    3. Don't mess up on the weekend. We will gave to wait on this one.

And now it's time for me to sign off. I'm all tuckered out :)
    Have a winderful night and keep reaching for your mini goals!!! Together we CAN do this :)
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Report Day 2

Goal 1: Do scheduled exercise daily-ChaLean Xtreme, and elliptical on ChaLean off days
    Was supposed to do ChaLean, but after emptying out the storage room to find my Gazelle, moving everything back into storage, loading and unloading it, rearranging the furniture to set it up, then taking at 10 minute test ride, I just couldn't! But I think I covered the exercise for the day!!
    Goal 2: Get to bed on time every night! That's by 10pm Sun-Thur, by midnight Fri&Sat(ok, not so strict about the weekend!)
    10:01 getting closer!!
    Goal 3: Same as before- a few steps further than the day before based on pedometer!
    1st day steps: 4715 Day 2: 7278
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Kris; The stressful part is getting better but my life will never be settled with 3 grandkids!! Not sure I'd want it to be!

Mak; Thanks so much for keeping things going with all your support! I absolutely love ChaLean! Except that she really likes pushups! I'm keeping up with everything else but my left hand is still too weak from tendon surgery on my finger a few months ago. 3 months of not using your hand at all does more damage than you'd imagine! I hope to be able to do at least a few pushups correctly by the end of 30 days!
  • ladygloria
    Options
    Congrats everyone for getting started on those goals!

Dee, hope you find a wifi hotspot today. I couldn't go that long without Internet.

Kris, congrats ongetting in the water. As it's the only thing I drink, I tend to get in 12-14 glasses in a day, but I've worked up to that. Now my body is used to being hydrated, so while before I could wait until well past lunchtime to drink anything, now my body is desperate for water by mid morning.

Oma, I too am interested in chalean extreme and turbo fire, but am not sure if I can do either. My core is very weak, I can't do push ups, sit ups and crunches hurt my neck, and I'm just now getting to where I can do jumping jacks. I want to be able to do these things, but am not sure if I'm ready for the expensive video package yet.

Mak, thanks. I've never done pilates in my life, so it was interesting and given my weak core and failure to be able to engage my abs I got lots of corrections in class and also some great support. I also am super sore today. I like live classes to learn what I'm doing and am not yet comfortable with trying any of that at home. It was also comforting to see a variety of abilities in doing the moves. My limits experience with videos is that everyone seems to do it right.
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Oma, I too am interested in chalean extreme and turbo fire, but am not sure if I can do either. My core is very weak, I can't do push ups, sit ups and crunches hurt my neck, and I'm just now getting to where I can do jumping jacks. I want to be able to do these things, but am not sure if I'm ready for the expensive video package yet.

I've only been doing it for a few days but I haven't seen any sit ups or crunches, and I do NOT do jumping jacks! You do everything with weights based on your ability and no more than 12 of anything! I was actually surprised at what I could do! Of course today is the ab burner day so I may discover those evil things! I'll let you know!
  • FabOma08
    Options

I've only been doing it for a few days but I haven't seen any sit ups or crunches, and I do NOT do jumping jacks! You do everything with weights based on your ability and no more than 12 of anything! I was actually surprised at what I could do! Of course today is the ab burner day so I may discover those evil things! I'll let you know!

Ok, so I found the crunches and the jumping jacks today! However, everything on this program is designed to be used at all levels so everything has a modified way. The ab burner portion is about 5 minutes of actual crunches (of which I made it almost half way)!!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Ok today I did get 1 mile walk in today drank 9 cups of h2o, and under calories after my workout calories added.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Goal Check in for Tuesday.
    1. Week 5 P90X & get a couple bike rides in. Maybe 4? Got my Am P90x workout in. Today was cardio X I like the workout :)
    No bike ride, but I got a nice walk/jog in with the puppy. . Will try tomorrow.
    2. Drink all my water - I got all my water in today :)

Gotta make it quick tonight. But it looks like everyone's doing pretty good today. Keep up all the hard work!! Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday :)
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    yes i am still in Canada aye? lol
  • missdeehere
    Options
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO I MADE IT HERE!! I SLEPT A COUPLE HOURS TONIGHT, SOOOOOO I WILL BE UP TONIGHT! LOL

:drinker: :drinker: GREAT JOB TODAY LADIES!! :drinker: :drinker:

Oma
    I do my jumping jacks & crunches on my BALL!! LOL one knee replaced & need a second replaced it would kill me to jump!! a gal's gotta do, what a gals gotta do!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO FOR IT!!

MAK
    THANKS A MILLION!!

I had a great day!!
    i walked for an hour in Pittsburgh!! I discovered a WHOLE FOODS shop!!

Lady G
    I did find a Starbucks! but didn't take my laptop today. He only had half a day today. But may do that Monday! THANKS!!

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥
    ♥ * ♥ 3 for Me ♥ * ♥

1♥Journal it! ♥ ♥♥ YEPPERS
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥ ♥♥ DID 60 MINUTES TODAY
    3♥Daily Check-in!!! ♥ ♥♥ I FINEALLY MADE IT HERE!!

:wink: TOMORROW IS WACKY WEDNESDAY!! WE CAN ALL ACT NORMAL!! :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Report Day 3

Goal 1: Do scheduled exercise daily-ChaLean Xtreme, and elliptical on ChaLean off days
    Did day 3 of ChaLean. Boy did I get an eye opener!
    Goal 2: Get to bed on time every night! That's by 10pm Sun-Thur, by midnight Fri&Sat(ok, not so strict about the weekend!)
    Woohooo! I was in bed at 9:20! And still overslept this morning, dang it!
    Goal 3: Same as before- a few steps further than the day before based on pedometer!
    1st day steps: 4715 Day 2: 7278 Day 3: 6921 (oops)
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Report Day 3

Did day 3 of ChaLean. Boy did I get an eye opener!
    Woohooo! I was in bed at 9:20! And still overslept this morning, dang it!
    1st day steps: 4715 Day 2: 7278 Day 3: 6921 (oops)

Oma
    Funny how simple the goals look but are so hard to keep up with! I am proud that you toned it down a bit, but HOLY COW doing the ChaLean would make me crazzzzy!!! GOOD LUCK ON THIS ONE!!:drinker:

:yawn: As far as earlier o bed, I REALLY need to adapt this one. I know how importaht sleep is for a healthier body, and once I go back to work I will be in big trouble! :-( :yawn:

You are doing great!! Keep it up!! :drinker:

On another note............... I am so sick & tired of losing 5 pounds in 3 weeks and gaining 5 pounds back the fourth week! Seems I am constantly starting over and saeem to have NO CONSISTANT DISCIPLINE IN MY LIFE!! :sad:
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Dee- you were absolutely right! Trying to reach too many goals was just making me crazy and I wasn't getting any success! ChaLean is awesome! It's definitely hard work but it feels good! Maybe because for me sweating feels good. I know...EEWWWW!
  • ladygloria
    Options
    Dee- you were absolutely right! Trying to reach too many goals was just making me crazy and I wasn't getting any success! ChaLean is awesome! It's definitely hard work but it feels good! Maybe because for me sweating feels good. I know...EEWWWW!

I am seriously considering dropping the gym membership and doing chalean with my existing zumba and pilates classes. Of course, I may start easier and do the 30 day shred with the hubby first. Would chalean replace the weights I lift for upper and lower body?

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, had a blah day. Did zumba toning DVD so that makes two zumbas and three things this week. Still working on goal four, but getting better at healthier high calorie meals. Swearing off the Chinese after today.

Kris, way to go on the walk and water!

Dee, while I don't know your hubby's situation, I'm certain he's glad to have you. I am amazed that you meet your goals everyday.

Keep up the good work everyone!