Not losing weight 6 miles of walking atleast 3 times a week

Options
After a miscarriage in July I gained 180 to 192..I became anemic, took medications for it and finally feeling good. So I have not worked out for 3 months with all the sad things going on. Decided to start workout but since I gained pounds I started off with walking for 2 hrs which will come to 5 to 6 miles. Also watched my food intake cut back on white rice and including salads for meals. The lowest I saw in the past month was 187 otherwise I just see 189 or 190 which is discouraging. I know weight loss is not magic but am too frustrated with scale not moving. I started feeling like walking does not help me and may be I have to start a diff activity. Just venting here and please give your support and advice that will give me a boost. Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• mrsghosh
    mrsghosh Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Not using food scale but my day looks like this: 1 cup oatmeal in morning , veg salad sometimes quinoa with veg lentils for lunch and wheat Roti and veg. 2 coffee plus 2 snack
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    1400.is the calories goal
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    When I followed the same pattern 2014 I lost 30 lbs after second delivery. But this time around the same diet is not working. But noting all your suggestions to see where I am doing wrong. Sometimes I feel may be the hormones imbalance may cause this due the miscarriage but am not sure.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your doctor about the hormonal imbalance?
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your miscarriage.

I won't restate the previous recommendations of food intake. can you up the intensity of your walks? Walk/ jog? Use a heart monitor if you have one or can borrow one, this will give a better picture of how hard you are working. And like it is important to measure food ....measure your distance and intensity of exercise.

I know my personal tendency is to underestimate my intake and overestimate my output.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Are you meeting calories goal and logging everything you eat daily? sometimes its not easy to get the exact amount of calories in certain foods exactly right, so thats why people suggest using a food scale to weight foods like quinoa.

Logging the calories worked for me.

I didn't do any extensive walking or cardio type excersize. I did some simple body weight excersizes every morning.

There are various ways to excersize, but your calotie intake is what is most important for weight loss. It should be 200 or 300 less than your TDEE for you to lose reasonably.

Best wishes. :smile:
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    The part you left out in this description is the calories, which is the part that actually matters. How many calories do you maintain at and how many calories are you eating. If you don't know then work to figure that out and then you will have something to go off of to correct whatever the issue is.

I confess it took me several posts to understand the concept of calories, I did have a very long duh about that, but thanks to all of you it's sinking in :)