Not losing weight 6 miles of walking atleast 3 times a week

Options

Replies

• sargeca
    sargeca Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks singingflutelady. I am new at this blog thing and I don't see a reply button.
  • Danother
    Danother Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water, protten intake and low carb, low sugar? These are key, but #1 is water water water!!!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Danother wrote: »
    Are you drinking enough water, protten intake and low carb, low sugar? These are key, but #1 is water water water!!!

I'd say getting enough protein is key- I struggled for a long time because I ate mostly carbs and way too little protein. I still lost weight from being in a calorie deficit but it was more muscle than fat and I had low energy & lots of hunger issues. Now that I adjusted my diet and eat 100 grams of protein every day I feel great - strong and energetic- and am losing body fat and not muscle.

Water is of corse very important but most people know that. But it seems most people especially women don't seem to realize the importance of protein, especially for weight loss.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Danother wrote: »

Nope. Key #1 is a calorie deficit.

True.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    sargeca wrote: »
    Not being a food nor diet fanatic I don't understand the acronyms. Would I be correct in assuming that CICO stands for Calories In Calories Out?
    As for Trixiegirl66's comments, I am thinking that it might be time for her to have a Snickers bar and relax a little. Gottaburnem said that she takes a snickers bar when she wants. Nothing to do with healthy eating, it just works for her.
    By the way, what is SAD an acronym for?

"Standard American Diet". It's usually used in a pejorative sense by "clean eating" advocates in that they consider the SAD as sitting around in front of the television shoveling fast food, junk food and bags of sugar into one's mouth all day long.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    sargeca wrote: »
    Thanks singingflutelady. I am new at this blog thing and I don't see a reply button.

Use "quote" at the bottom of the post you are replying to.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I find it insane how many react with such defensiveness and outright anger, when I suggest that shelving the obsessive CICO mindset was the very reason behind my fat loss. And while chocolate and cheese puffs might fit into your caloric plan and not cause weight gain, make no mistake that your liver, kidneys and brain all take a hit by means of inflammation.

Sure, I could fit a litre of coke, cheetos and two Big Macs into a daily caloric plan, but God help my organs, mental capacity and overall looks from such an abusive and ignorant mindset. I have lived abroad and in the United States, and I can tell you, we in the U.S are literally dying from the inside out due to the nonsense of CICO.

And although I gained fifty pounds in my forties, I have no stretch marks, age spots or wrinkles at 50 - all of these positives I attribute directly to eating good fats, clean protein and tons of organic veggies and fruits - whether they fit into my caloric plan or not. And you are right, I am a ranter - but I am sick of seeing friends and family falling into ill health, because they buy into watching calories instead of reading labels.

if you dont have stretch marks that just means your body has good and a plentiful amount of elasticity ,nothing else. I have stretch marks due to gaining 30 lbs when I was a KID,due to medications I was taking(causing my appetite to go wild),I was active back then and everything and ate healthy.my mom had 5 of us and she has NO stretchmarks while all 5 of us did whether it was from carrying children or gaining weight.age spots can also be hereditary wrinkles again can be caused by different factors. I had NO wrinkles in my face until I lost as much weight as I did,now I have wrinkles. again Im sure thats due to not having a lot of elasticity
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I find it insane how many react with such defensiveness and outright anger, when I suggest that shelving the obsessive CICO mindset was the very reason behind my fat loss. And while chocolate and cheese puffs might fit into your caloric plan and not cause weight gain, make no mistake that your liver, kidneys and brain all take a hit by means of inflammation.

Sure, I could fit a litre of coke, cheetos and two Big Macs into a daily caloric plan, but God help my organs, mental capacity and overall looks from such an abusive and ignorant mindset. I have lived abroad and in the United States, and I can tell you, we in the U.S are literally dying from the inside out due to the nonsense of CICO.

And although I gained fifty pounds in my forties, I have no stretch marks, age spots or wrinkles at 50 - all of these positives I attribute directly to eating good fats, clean protein and tons of organic veggies and fruits - whether they fit into my caloric plan or not. And you are right, I am a ranter - but I am sick of seeing friends and family falling into ill health, because they buy into watching calories instead of reading labels.

if you dont have stretch marks that just means your body has good and a plentiful amount of elasticity ,nothing else. I have stretch marks due to gaining 30 lbs when I was a KID,due to medications I was taking(causing my appetite to go wild),I was active back then and everything and ate healthy.my mom had 5 of us and she has NO stretchmarks while all 5 of us did whether it was from carrying children or gaining weight.age spots can also be hereditary wrinkles again can be caused by different factors. I had NO wrinkles in my face until I lost as much weight as I did,now I have wrinkles. again Im sure thats due to not having a lot of elasticity

I have stretch marks from when I grew breasts suddenly overnight during puberty.

I got no stretch marks from my first pregnancy, but did get them from my second because I carried differently and he was a bigger baby.

Genetics man, it's a lottery.

Oh, and I have no appreciable wrinkles at 54. And I eat Snickers bars and cookies.

while stretchmarks they say are genetic if you dont have enough elasticity in your body you will get them. none of my grandmas had them,my mom doesnt have them. and me and my sisters all have them. for me prednisone at a young age caused me to gain too rapidly and thats how I got mine. they say if your mom doesnt have them you wont have them. thats a crock lol
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

I have stretch marks from when I grew breasts suddenly overnight during puberty.

I got no stretch marks from my first pregnancy, but did get them from my second because I carried differently and he was a bigger baby.

Genetics man, it's a lottery.

Oh, and I have no appreciable wrinkles at 54. And I eat Snickers bars and cookies.

while stretchmarks they say are genetic if you dont have enough elasticity in your body you will get them. none of my grandmas had them,my mom doesnt have them. and me and my sisters all have them. for me prednisone at a young age caused me to gain too rapidly and thats how I got mine. they say if your mom doesnt have them you wont have them. thats a crock lol

Yeah my mum doesn't really have any even though she's very overweight (possibly, she might not be any more, don't know, we don't speak.........). I, on the other hand, have them everywhere and most of them I got in my early teens. I stopped being a competitive gymnast training 5 days a week, hit puberty, growth no longer stunted with all energy going to training and I shot up and out pretty quickly! I didn't get any new stretch marks until I was at my very highest weight and that was a few on my tummy.

So there's a few factors to stretch marks. "Clean" eating ain't one of them.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Here is the funny thing about the bully herd mentality and string of nasty comments - I couldn't care less about your ill informed opinions or character attacks. After reading the many rants, I wondered if blood sugar swings from all the "occasional" unhealthy treats you guys pass off as moderation were behind the rudeness.

I showed my daughter the string of comments and she laughed, saying "it is clear that mean girls grow into vicious women with jealous streaks." After all, my open food diary shows I indulge in treats regularly, and yet I am losing fat and increasing muscle mass because I know that a Big Mac and soda are not treats.

Please though, carry on with your If It Fits Your Macros logic, and watch where your body lands as it ages. After all, we are what we eat, and for this knowledge I am very grateful.

But all that is not necessary. However you get into a deficit is what counts. I eat Big Macs once in awhile, I'm as healthy as ever. Some go way overboard with eating only foods they think are healthy which is flirting with orthorexia. That is no way to live. You only get one shot at life, live it to the fullest.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    sbz2t2qkkcsw.png. Wow super unhealthy. How can anyone fit 560 calories into your day.